File Explorer view column and view settings are not saved, Why no?
If you wish, that the column settings will be saved, of all Explorer view in Q-Dir and icon size, please enable this option!
Content / Tip / Solutions:
Save Explorer folder settings, how can I take over the setting of the Explorer bar, folder, in Quad Explorer for Windows, so that this setting is retained each time the window is opened, frequently asked question, unlike in Windows Explorer The few options as for all folders have here advanced settings, for more view options for each of the 4 explorers!
check the option: ► Extras ► List-View ► Save Columns
1.) Enable Save Columns in List View!
or: check the option: ► Extras ► ... more Options
2.) Enable Save Last View!
To start the alternative Explorer for Windows with the last Explorer View settings and Columns plus Window position!
3.) Problems on Windows 10 and Defender!
4.) Check, Is the work directory write Protected!
5.) Save the columns in a Favorite!
The Favorite saves also:
1. View settings (Splitter,...)
2. With the current view and window size
3. Main Window Placement
But your must enable this options!
| (Image-2) Favorites save settings in Q-Dir!
Easy Save the Explorer-View Column and View settings, the instruction is not only written for Windows 10, this screenshot has been snipped under Windows 10. But, you can use this example for earlier versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems whether it's a Private Windows desktop Computer, on the road on tablet-PC, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
FAQ 13: Updated on: 14 June 2020 19:30
Favorites and Quick links in the Filemanager Q-Dir, a Favorite is for all for explorer Views and other settings
It is very easy to transfer the view settings in Q-Dir from one explorer list view to another explorer view in Q-Dir
You have installed Q-Dir directly from the zip folder. Windows Vista includes many security features and improvements to protect client computers
To transfer the folder from View-1 to View-2 ergo clone the tab or each explorer view in Q-Dir Press click with the right mouse button
The preview of PDF files works even if you have made the following settings in Quad Explorer for Windows 11, 10, etc. Content: 1. PDF preview Acrobat
It is easy to manage the Favorites in the file manager, this is responsible for all four Explorer list views Content: 1. Organize the Favorites in
Yes, there are problems with saving favorites on the desktop and the desktop shortcuts under Windows 10/11 Content: 1. Preface Windows 11, 10, 8.1
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows 10 file explorer forgets folder view settings?
- How do I change the column settings in Windows and how can I get Windows to remember my folder settings?
- Searches related to the Explorer view column and view settings are not saved. Why not?
- Unfortunately, I could not work with it seriously, because I am already stuck with the settings. For my purposes three columns next to each other are optimal, in list view with checkboxes and scroll bars up / down. The Q-Dir can do that, of course, but when navigating he likes to change the view from list to symbols. And he is not always ready to remember the current view when exiting, even though I have ticked the box. At the next start, the hire shop starts again. Too bad, but that's annoying.?
- I click Details on the View menu to indicate that not all file formats support these additional Q-Dir column settings.?
- How do I change the default view in Windows Explorer?
- Align Xp columns optimally in Explorer?
- I use Windows XP ServicePack 3, Firefox 3.0.11 and Q-Dir version 3.61 and in the?
- Otherwise, of course, I'm happy about every reaction.?
- File details are not preserved?
- I always want to be able to display folders with music files with specific columns.?
- Windows folder columns keep changing?
- Windows registry editor version save folder settings for folders?
- How do I change the column settings in Windows Explorer?
- You can set the settings to be saved when the program is closed. Unfortunately, type, size, etc. column is not saved. Am I doing something wrong or is it not yet possible?
- Set up Windows Explorer folders, views, options?
- So the view of individual folders can be sorted by type and have natural column widths, but when is this not a solution for you?
- This saves your changes to the active template so that the next folder view is displayed with the view settings for each folder template, so that Quad Explorer regardless of the selected template?
- Save the default responses for Windows Explorer folder view for Explorer Q-Dir?
- I have organized myself in such a way that I have saved various Explorer constellations with several Explorers as a group (using the favorites management). Different columns are of interest here, e.g. the sound artist / title / bitrate / duration columns are relevant, for photos the camera model / date of recording, so completely different columns and for Office different ones.?
- How can I stop sorting File Explorer by week and month?
- Are there any that are not available by default, such as B. File type. I know how to do this for one folder at a time.?
- It happens automatically, so no third-party tool should be needed.?
- Apply folder view to other folders bitrate Windows 10?
- Apply folder view to all folders of the same type under "Customize File Explorer" Find standard columns Solved?
- File Explorer save view settings?
- How to fix the PRO Favorite columns so that when I call up a sound group,?
- Programmer and PC life very relieved and really a brilliant program.?
- Show bitrate permanently in explorer?
- If there is any way, please let me know.?
- Explorer on Windows or press under If the properties window is not visible?
- It would be extremely practical if Q-Dir also supports this feature.?
- Can't save view settings - windows q-dir reset folder view settings to default in windows 10?
- Transfer, reset the explorer view settings of columns in Q-Dir?
- I'm not interested in setting a single default view for each folder either?
- Unfortunately, it seems that the relevant registry settings are registry settings in Windows 10 and configure view settings?
- Remember that the view settings of each folder in Windows 10 are super user questions.?
- Column settings are not retained?
- Windows 10 annoys secrets and solution books. In the column headings on the right, select More and then place?
- Customize folder split save?
- Set Explorer columns?
- I use Q-Dir with 4 windows. If I put one of the windows on small icons and then close Q-Dir, medium-sized icons keep appearing when I open the program again. How can I make the small icon view permanent?
- First of all I want to send Q-Dir the daily?
- However, I would like this to be the default view for help for all folders. Great! Thank you for marking this file manager.?
- Column details are not retained?
- Box Drive Windows Settings for folder view, Explorer view column and view settings are not saved. Why not?
- How do I save the Windows Explorer view?
- How do you like them, then save the settings for this folder?
- Quad panel file manager?
- The column arrangement (position) in a 2x vertically divided Q-Dir window are not saved when the app is closed. When and how can I save the column arrangement (position)? Name, modification date, type, size are currently active with me with different widths.?
- Doesn't save these settings correctly or I don't know?
- Windows 10 does not save customization of folder view options?
- Select the View tab, click Apply to Folder, answer Yes, and then click OK.?
- Options the option "Save columns" is checked.?
- Library folder view without taking into account the folder setting Superuser questions Library folder view not?
- For unused columns, search for the most recently used column and select the entire one?
- Also all music columns are loaded again, also with photos etc.?
- I have neatly defined and saved everything. UNFORTUNATELY, Q-Dir?
Keywords: file, explorer, view, column, settings, saved, wish, that, q-dir, icon, size, please, enable, this, option, content, solutions, Questions, Answers, Software