Is it possible to change the title of the Quad-Explorer window?
You can specify in Quad-Dir what should be displayed in the title bar, five different options are currently possible!
1.) Change the Title bar in Q-Dir!
Main menu ► Extras ► Title-Bar (... see Image-2)
► Show nothing
► Show complete path
► Show only the name
► Show the last opened favorite
► Show the complete path of the selected file (object)
Please always use ►.... the newest and latest version of File Explorer Q-Dir ◄
► ... only one instance of Q-Dir (tab, open, explorer!
► ... How can i change the preview filter settings?
► ... How can i change the address bar in Explorer View?
► ... change the color of the explorer views address bar!
However, you can use this example, solution to change the title of the Quad-Explorer window without hesitation also use for earlier Microsoft's Windows operating systems whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server busines operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
It is sometimes necessary to use this to change the title of the Explorer window, It is a simple yet effective tool, use it and get in touch with the benefits of alternative file management on one of the following ms operating systems!
2.) Use NWP.QDR for new Workplace (ergo Favorite)!
If you save the *.qdr with the extension *.nwp , the settings for the *.nwp.qdr are also saved in this file.
So if you select the option "Show the last opened favorite" for the title bar , it will also appear in the title bar, which can be very helpful if you have several Q-Dir instances running at the same time!
See also: ►► start with a favorite setting
| (Image-2) title in the title bar new desktop in Q-Dir!
FAQ 43: Updated on: 7 May 2022 07:22
The Quad-Explorer has in Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7 the same like MS-Explorer only for older System you need this but MS-Support has a end Please read
In Quad-Directory-Explorer it is very easy to select, deselect or to do a invert selection of files or folders [CTRL + A] = "Select All" [CTRL + A + SHIFT]
Change the colour of the header bar of the active explorer view window in Q-dir Activate the option via the main menu in Q-Dir Extras ► Address-Bar ►
It is quite easy to open files in a portable installation with Windows programs in Q-Dir Content: Info about the program Starter in Q-Dir
s it easy to change the background color of the active explorer pane in the File Manager Q-Dir Just on the main menu
No Explorer expertise is required to edit or copy very long directory names in the new address bar For short directory paths: Click in the address bar
You can easy force to move or to copy the data while dragging in each Explorer View of Q-Dir, Is like drag and drop in MS Explorer
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Can you display the state name on the Q-Dir when I use many state but don’t know which state I’m working on. It will be easy for me to see the state name which I’m working on. Beside when saving a state can we use the dialog like opening state dialog
- I have been using QDIR for many years and love it. Often I need to open more than one QDIR because I have to sort my files in many directories. I think it could be useful to be able to give a name to each qdir in order to be able to distinguish them when they are open
- Is there any way to display the q-dir state (name) at the top of the window? Currently it shows the version followed by the q-dir instance number. I have several states saved and it would be convenient to easily know which one I am working with.
- I am using the Q-Dir, it's very good. But sometime i will open two or three Q-Dir, and I confused which one is i need. So, I think if I can Set the Q-Dir's title with what i want or some default string. It's will be helpful!
- Is it possible to change the title of the Q-Dir window on the fly? Especially when I have multiple Q-Dir windows open.
Photos - Q-Dir 3.84
Code Files - Q-Dir 3.84
This way I could easily tell which Q-Dir window held which set of files.
Is it possible to have different caption for each instance of Q-Dir, i.e. for example, if I have 4 instance of Q-Dir it is showing as
Q-Dir 7.87 
Q-Dir 6.87 
Q-Dir 4.87 
Is it possible to change it so that it shows
Q-Dir 3.87 
Q-Dir 2.87 
Q-Dir 1.87 
- I have created different configurations for different projects but at sometimes I need to open both configs at the same time. When I hover over my system tray I would like to see the name of my config in the preview window so I know which one to open. Is that possible?
Keywords: possible, change, title, quad-explorer, window, specify, quad-dir, what, should, displayed, five, different, options, currently, content, Questions, Answers, Software