Activate dark mode in Windows 11/10 via registry!
The registry hack to disable and enable dark theme or dark mode on MS Windows 11 / 10 is very popular!
Everyone probably knows how easy it is to activate ► Dark Mode under Windows 11
or ► Dark Theme under MS Windows 10
, but you can also do it with a small registry script! It's not a hidden registry or secret setting, this is just a plain entry that enables dark mode/theme on Windows.
1.) The registry scripts for dark mode!
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2.) Downloading the handy dark mode scripts!
If you don't want to create the registry scripts for the dark mode yourself, you can download them directly here
Download: ►► Dark-Mode-On-Off.zip
Now you can use the scripts directly
Dark-Mode-On.reg << Activate dark mode
Dark-Mode-Off.reg << Disable dark mode
| (Image-1) Activate dark mode in Windows 11 or 10 via registry!
3.) Using the dark mode scripts under MS Windows!
Create the two files, for example on the desktop, and enable or disable dark mode on Windows 11 or 10 with a simple double click!
You can also save the files somewhere, and create shortcuts to place it in Windows 11 / 10 Start for example!
(... see Image-2
| (Image-2) Activate dark mode from Desktop!
4.) What should I consider when using dark mode?
Nothing major to note about dark mode on MS Windows OS other than that it's pretty dark. If you experience depression, headaches or dizziness, you may not want to use dark mode on Windows 11 or MS Windows 10!
FAQ 11: Updated on: 20 July 2022 17:51
Sometimes you just want to know which registry settings are being changed by a program, under MS Windows 11, 10, or Server OS One of the favorite tools
To set the WordPad settings to the default settings you can use the registry editor on all MS Windows operating systems 1. Close all MS WordPad windows
Experimenting with the settings in the Windows 11, 10, etc. registry makes sense, but a backup in order to be able to restore it is also useful Editing
Add security in the desktop context menu under Windows 11, 10, etc. to enable faster access to the security settings under MS Windows OS 1. Security
If you dont need the flight mode, you can simply deactivate it completely with a small registry intervention, the airplane mode under Windows is permanently
You can easily find, edit or delete the environment variables in the Windows 11, 10, registry Everyone probably knows ► What the environment variables
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Script to enable Windows 10 dark theme or to instantly switch setting to dark mode with all elements black or gray on?
- What other option do I have, apart from the screen brightness in Windows 11 or 10, can I activate or switch to dark mode of Windows in dark working environments using a script?
- If I could activate the windows 10 sheller in dark theme or via keyboard shortcut without registry editor?
- Can I automatically enable and disable dark mode in Windows 11 or 10 with a script, so the dark theme, while I'm working on my Windows computer, the lighting conditions around me are changing, I want to constantly change it to make sure the screen display is legible ?
- Are you looking for Windows 11/10 Dark Theme Activator for free to enable and disable conveniently to switch modes?
- Do I need external dark mode software, or is managing Windows dark mode via settings sufficient?
- Is there a way to enable/disable windows 11 and 10 dark theme through windows registry?
Keywords: registry, activate, dark, mode, windows, hack, disable, enable, theme, very, popular, everyone, probably, knows, easy, Questions, Answers, Software