Windows 32bit driver under Windows x64?
Usually you can't or shouldn't install 32-bit (x86) on x64 (64-bit);). Such a thing can only lead to problems and if it does work, then it is definitely not right.
I had the same problem with a printer that I absolutely needed. It was an old dot matrix printer; the manufacturer did not have the right driver for the operating system.
Well, what can I do, there was only one Windows 98 driver and I needed the dot matrix printer or absolutely (new dot matrix printers are not exactly cheap to get, as are plotters )!
I have installed the Microsoft Virtual PC on Windows 7 and run Windows 98 as a virtual PC. Here I installed the appropriate driver and lo and behold, the line break, margins, page format and everything else fit.
Sounds awkward, but it's not. The Windows 98 installation took 10 minutes and the installation of the virtual PC only 2 minutes. The driver installation also only takes 2 minutes. So a total of 14 minutes. Before that, I searched the internet for the right driver for over 30 minutes;).
I think that this would also work under Windows-10, 8.1, 7, x64, or x32 and also on other Windows servers (2008, 2012, 2016). If you have experience with the procedure for installing drivers, you can send me a message (it would be nice).
Addendum! Monday, May 28, 2018 9:03:08 AM
Oh yes, the printer must be installed with the internal driver of Windows 7, 8, 10 and shared in the network so that the virtual system can access it. In virtual Windows 's own 32-bit driver is then installed.
FAQ 54: Updated on: 4 September 2023 10:14
From Windows 2000 / XP and in the new Microsoft Windows 11, 10, 8.1, programs can be started in MS Windows compatibility mode. Simply click on the program
If you want to lock directories for certain users users, you can set this via the "Properties" of the folder These are called up by right-clicking on the
The simple file sharing in Windows can be deactivated quite easily via the folder options Content: 1. Easy sharing on new Microsoft Windows 11, 10,
Image-1 "Windows-Flip-3D" The "Windows Flip 3D" was introduced from Vista and is also integrated in the new Windows 7 operating system. Windows 11 and 10
Yes, you can rename several files at the same time in MS Windows Explorer. This solution is suitable for Windows 11, 10, etc. operating systems Contents:
You can arrange the desktop windows with a legal key on the taskbar, the arrangements are possible Overlapping, one below the other or next to one another.
Virtual PC was a slim story with 20 MB, unfortunately it doesnt work on Windows 11 and 10 to use Windows XP 1. Windows XP on Windows 11, 10, 8.1,
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Help install x32 driver on x64 win 2008?
- Install 32 bit drivers under 64 bit?
- How to install 32-bit driver in win7?
- Device driver in the 64bit system?
- Windows7 64bit 32bit driver?
- Driver software tead x32 x64?
- Install 32-bit driver under Windows 11 64-bit?
- 32bit HP driver?
- 32 bit driver on 64 bit?
- 32bit driver for printer in 64bit windows?
- 32bit driver to 64bit?
- Install 32bit driver on 64bit system?
- Install Epson printer driver 32 bit to 64 bit?
- Install 32 bit driver in windows 11 64 bit?
- Install 32 bit driver on Win 10?
- 32bit driver on 64 bit system?
- Use a 32-bit driver under Win7 x64?
- Driver win 11 32 bit?
- The 32-bit driver for Windows 11 x64?
- Install driver 32 bit to 64 bit?
- Install Acad14 on 64bit?
- 32 bit driver under 64 bit Windows 11?
- 32bit driver windows 11 64bit?
- Wenglor BS40V101 on 64 bit system?
- 32bit driver 64 bit os?
- 32bit drivers under 64bit?
- Driver connecte pe-8508 win7 32bit?
- Skat 3000 for Win 11?
- Install 32 bit printer driver under 64 bit, but how?
- 32 bit driver under windows 10 64 bit?
- Printer driver only for 32bit?
- Install Windows 2003 32bit printer driver for x64 for a matrix printer that is 32 bit under Win-XP?
- Drivers 32 bit to 64?
- Install 32bit driver under 64bit?
- Do the 32 bit drivers work under Windows-11, I mean if Win-11 are running 64-bit and 32-bit programs?
- Install printer driver for XP on Win 11 64bit?
- Windows 11 64 bit driver for 32 bit?
- 32bit driver under Windows 11 x64?
- 32 bit driver on 64 bit windows 10?
- Win7 32bit software?
- 32bit driver 64bit Windows?
- Windows system 32 drivers?
- Driver x64?
- Md4397 driver win 11 64?
- Install 32bit driver under vista 64bit?
- Convert driver 32bit to 64bit?
- Install 32bit driver under Win7?
- Windows 2008 dot matrix printer with 32 bit driver?
- Oki 24 dot matrix printer 32 bit driver Windows 64?
- Install X64 driver?
- Win 64bit 32bit driver?
- Run 32bit printer under 64 bit PC?
- Xp driver under Windows 11?
Keywords: system, general, windows, 32bit, driver, under, usually, shouldn, install, 32-bit, 64-bit, such, thing, only, lead, problems, does, work, then, definitely, Questions, Answers, Software