Is an upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 possible?
Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1 employs many users who buy a new Computer or a new Notebook, before the appearance of Windows 10.
Microsoft made it provided for one year to carry out a free upgrade to Windows 10. This will be possible with all PC and mobile phones that are running with installed Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.1.
Excludes RT and Windows Enterprise, or volume licenses!
Microsoft will not stop even the operating system is illegal to upgrade to the new Windows 10. However, the use of this remains illegal.
For a year after appearance of Windows 10 ( 29 Jun 2015 - 29 Jun.2016)
Addendum: You can still activate / install Windows 10 / 11 with a 7 or 8.1 key in 2022!
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4)
See also: ► What kind of keys can I use to install / activate Windows 11?
| (Image-1) Windows 7 to Windows 10 is possible!
An update ensures that the latest features and security enhancements of the current version of Windows are available. Read the article Windows Update: FAQ if you want to update your device and need more information.
For information about an error message that you received while upgrading or installing Windows 10, see Activation Error Help in Windows . There press CTRL + F and insert the error code. You will then receive information about the code and how to fix the error.
FAQ 12: Updated on: 25 August 2023 11:42
The solution is simple to find out what type is your Drive, HDD, or SSD in MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop OS and Microsoft Server Operating System 1.
Do an easy download in System, to change, switch or install a new language of Windows 10 and 11 1. Install and uninstall languages in Windows 10 <<
Find out the MS Windows 10 version and the build number on Professional or Home, here is the solution 1. Version and Build Info via systeminfo
A download for graphics cards for the new DirectX 12 under Windows 10 is not required, just check for Home and Pro Info The query example is also suitable
Yes, there is also a full system administrator under Windows 10, but this admin account is also deactivated under Windows 11 and 10 and can be activated
Change the computer name under Windows 10 or 11 and also the workgroup if needed, here is the solution how to 1. Easy change computer name and workgroup
The new Calculator in Windows 11 / 10 is purely out of habit, not everyones thing, but you can find and use the classic calculator Contents: 1.
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I want to switch to Windows 10 2020, can I switch from Microsoft to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1?
- How long will it work to upgrade from Windows 8, 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro or Home?
- I'm looking for a tip on upgrading from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 possible?
- I have a PC with an original version of Windows 7 / end 8.1 and want to get a free Windows 10 upgrade?
- The question about upgrading from XP to Windows 10?
- Is the free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 possible, does the free upgrade work today?
- The question about upgrading from 7 to Windows 10?
- The question about upgrading from Vista to Windows 10?
- Looking for a free promotion to use Microsoft's official Windows 10 with a free upgrade offer?
- The question about upgrading from 8.1 to Windows 10?
- Why should you upgrade to Windows 10 or can I get a free Windows 10 upgrade?
- I have a license for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, can I switch to Windows 10 for free?
- Can I still update Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 and 8.1?
- Can I update Windows 7 to Windows 10 by free download?
- I'm looking for another method to upgrade to Windows 10 with an existing Windows 7, 8.1 product key to activate the installation.
- Looking for the free upgrade to Windows 10, does Microsoft have a free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, does it accept the activation keys of its predecessors?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, upgrading, from, possible, for free, update, upgrade, Questions, Answers, Software