Customize Recycle Bin in Windows 10, how to?
You can easily customize the Recycle Bin in Windows 10, for example, the maximum size in MB, or disable the Recycle Bin.
This brief solution is also available for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, as well as Server 2016 and 2012, customizing and optimizing the Recycle Bin is a great way to prevent the files from even ending up in the trash
See also: ► Safe deletion of files for more protection!
1.) Customizing the trash and trash (Recycle Bin) size!
Please open the Recycle Bin Properties via Run-Dialog and the command shell:RecycleBinFolder
(... see Image-1 Arrow 1&2)
By a mouse right-click on an empty space in the Explorer view, open the properties of the Recycle Bin in Windows-10!
(... see Image-1 Arrow 3 and 4)
And now select the Partition e.g. Recycle Bin Location and change the Settings for selected location:
1. Custom size in MB or
2. Disable the Recycle Bin for the selected Partition via Check-box:
Don't move files to the &Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
(... see Image-1 Arrow 5 to 7)
See also: How to delete files without the Recycle Bin || Customize the pagefile.sys in Windows 10
| (Image-1) Customize Recycle Bin in Windows-10!
When you delete a file from your Windows 10 computer, it's actually just moved to the Windows 10 Recycle Bin, where is it temporarily stored until the Recycle Bin is emptied. This gives you an opportunity to recover accidentally deleted files on Windows 10 and restore them to their original Windows 10 locations.
See also: How to restore Windows-8.1 / 10 Files and Folders || Restore system files and settings from a Windows 10 ||
2.) What should be considered when deleting and when is the trash (Recycle Bin) useless!
That should not be surprising. Many may have noticed that it happens when you delete that the deleted items do not end up in the trash.
As soon as you delete something in the network folder or on a smartphone just plugged in via the USB , the deleted items will not appear in the trash .
Here there is no configuration of the Recycle Bin works on some network folders, such as SMB and smartphones not .
FAQ 135: Updated on: July 3th 2018 20:20
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to scale, to customise, the size of recycle bin in Windows 10?
- How to, don't move files to the Recycle Bin.?
- Recycle bin in windows 10?
- Recycle bin custom resize size to re-adjust?
- How to adjust recycle bin custom resize in Windows 10?
- How to adapt Windows 10 recyle bin folder and custom size for HD?
- Can i align Windows recycle bin folder?
- It is possible to assimilate the recyle bin in Windows 10?
- Can i to fit the Trash Basket in Windows 10?
- How to to customize or to acclimatize recycle basket in Win 10?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, seven, eight, 8.1, customize, recycle bin, disable, enable, size, Questions, Answers, Software