How can I turn off Windows 10 properly?
Properly turning off the computer on Windows 10 is
very simple, here is the solution!
Content / tips / solution:
If you no longer want to use the Windows 10 operating system because all work on the PC has been completed, you should also switch off the computer properly, so that your computer is also ensured that no data is lost.
1.) The shutdown provided by MS on new Windows Desktop and MS Server OS!
Switch off by pressing the power switch of the computer or by using the shutdown button in the start menu!
( ... see Image-1)
When using a laptop / notebook, even closing the lid is sufficient.
| (Image-1) Properly-Turn-off-The-Windows-10-PC!
2.) Create a shortcut to turn off Windows 10 correctly!
If you shut down Windows 10, you will find that the computer is still working and is trying to shut down when the screen turns off. The reason for this is that Windows is trying to cache windows for the next start. This will allow windows to load faster next time.
Use the most recommended method, create a shortcut, and whenever you want to shutdown Windows 10 the old way, just run it from the desktop shortcut.
The creation of the desktop shortcut for the correct shutdown of Windows 10!
1. Please use a right click on the Windows 10 desktop and select New , shortcut
2. And enter the storage location: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0
3. Then give it a name, for example "Shutdown"
If you don't want to do the work, I've already prepared this:
By right-clicking on the shortcut just created, you can pin the shutdown button to Start and thus shutdown Windows correctly via the new Windows 10 Start menu.
| (Image-2) How can I turn off Windows 10 properly?
From now on, Windows 10 will shutdown completely every time you double-click the Shutdown shortcut.
3.) Deactivate Windows Quick Start!
1. As usual ►►► Open the Windows 10 control panel
2. Enter the F3 key and "energy"
3. Change the power switch behavior
4. Switch to "shutdown"
(... see Image-4 Point 1 to 5)
| (Image-4) Turn off Windows 10 quick start!
The solution: Properly turning off the computer under Windows 10 is very easy!
If you no longer want to use the Windows 10 operating system because all work on the PC is complete, you should also turn off the computer properly, thus ensuring that your computer does not lose any data. Turn off the power by pressing the power button on the computer, or by using the Shut Down button in the Start menu.
When using a laptop / notebook, even closing the lid will do.
FAQ 212: Updated on: 24 July 2020 09:07
If the Internet connection is not available, you can also activate the Windows-10 or optionally by phone Content / Tip / Solution: 1. Start phone
To see the WLAN or WiFi connection speed under Windows 10, there is an easy way Content / Solution / Tipp: 1. Displaying the WLAN speed under Windows
In Windows 10 you can use the Character Map tool to insert a special character in texts Content: 1. The fastes start of the special characters under
The classic Windows 98 or 95 themes can not just be activated in Windows 10 You can work a lot in Windows 10 with color and change the title bar under Windows
Under Windows 10 right simply programs for directory as a trusted application release grant Sometimes a program can not work as a castrated application
The solution is quite simple on Windows 10 to add directories to the library in Microsoft File Explorer 1. Open the library properties in File Explorer
The solution is extremely easy to recover files from the Recycle Bin in Windows 10 Home / Pro and Windows Web Server 2016 If there is enough space in the
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Can you shutdown Windows completely with a shortcut, so if I actually want to shutdown Windows and want to shut down my computer properly?
- When I restart the PC it is as if Windows 10 was starting up, not off, all processes are displayed again and this does not take a moment, so only seconds?
- Searched in the control panel, where can I put the check mark to deactivate quick start?
- I do Windows 10 via the shutdown button in the start menu, so does the operating system really shut down?
- Want to disable quick start because Windows 10 starts too quickly, where do I find these power options want to disable it?
- I have the feeling that Windows 10 is asleep and not in hibernation, but wants the Windows 10 operating system to really shut down completely, shutdown Windows completely is this only possible by restarting it as an option?
- Find a method the right one as an off option so PC normal and shutdown, what do I have to click shutdown does it do but it doesn't shutdown windows completely?
- Can I really shutdown Windows 10 completely?
- I want to shutdown my computer with Windows 10 completely, do I need instructions and to find out how to do it?
- Where can I deactivate the quick start under the power options, where are these other options, is it possible to deactivate the quick start?
- Does the Windows PC want to be completely shut down the next time it shuts down and not activate and deactivate hibernation?
Keywords: windows, 10, special, character, tool, start, find, open, insert, special, texts, simply, enter, shortcuts, logo, charmap, text, Questions, Answers, Software