Use batch file to start multiple programs on Windows 11, 10...!
Start several programs at the same time via a batch file in order to save several clicks, is very popular on MS Windows 11, 10, ... desktop and server operating systems!
1.) Here is a simple example of starting three programs at the same time!
Here the calculator is started, Internet Explorer with the instruction to open the page http://softwareok.de and the MS File Explorer with the program argument "C:\Windows" so the Windows directory is opened at the start.
Please save the commands for testing, for example on the desktop as "Three_programs.bat" and simply test it.
(... see Image-1 Point 1 and 2)
start iexplore.exe "http://softwareok.com"
start explorer.exe "C:\Windows"
| (Image-1) Batch file for starting several programs!
2.) End all three at the same time with taskkill!
All programs that can be started can also be forcibly closed, but as an example you can use the Taskkill command to do this, pay attention to the correct spelling of the programs, not that the wrong Windows program is terminated.
Here in the example I have added Start Explorer as the end command, because it is difficult to work without Explorer.
Please save the commands for testing, for example on the desktop, as "programs_kill.bat" and simply test it.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 and 2)
See ... File creation tip!
taskkill /IM iexplorer.exe /F
taskkill /IM calc.exe /F
taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
| (Image-2) Batch file for closing several programs and APPs!
3.) What should I consider and what are the advantages and disadvantages?
With the command Task-kill it is possible to terminate almost all programs, for this reason the correct spelling of the programs must be observed.
Wildly terminating the programs is not recommended without knowledge of Windows!
Any suggestions for pairs of programs that you would use in a batch file like this one?
The batch file for starting several programs in autostart Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7!
What if you could open several programs with just one (double) click, then you can also use them to create programs via the Startup folder, or a shortcut to the batch file in the Startup folder!
Here in the example I have simply copied it into the Windows Autostart folder, self-explanatory:
( ... see Image-3 Point 1 and 3 )
| (Image-4) Use batch file to start multiple programs at MS Windows Start!
Create the batch file to start two, three or more specified programs at the same time. This tip also works in older versions of Desktop OS Windows and Microsofts Web Server 2019, 2016, .....
FAQ 44: Updated on: 1 July 2022 09:31
The solution is very simple to use a command in PowerShell to check whether a file path or folder path is available The solution is very simple with the test-path command,
The solution is very simple, to force that the logoff is carried out via the command line under Microsoft Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 If some programs have
Creating a bootable USB stick as an installation medium for Windows is no magic Everyone comes to this point and wants a solution that is very simple to
The solution with the cmd.exe is very easy to change the drive designation of a drive via command line on all MS Windows OS Under Windows, you can easily
You can create a list of programs via the cmd.exe command line or via PowerShell, which are started when Windows starts You can easily identify the programs
The solution is very simple to find out a MAC address of a computer in the network Not only under MAC / Linux you can quickly find out the so-called MAC
The solution is very simple to execute commands in batch files at intervals to repeat them more often on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server The solution
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- batch file to run multiple programs?
- Start batch file at specific times?
- Batch strate several applications at the same time?
- Two processes start with a batch file?
- Start batch file program?
- Do you have any nice ideas for other ways this batch file trick could work to launch multiple Windows programs with one click?
- Two processes start with one batch file?
- There are always a couple of programs that I open at the same time every time, or when I start my computer very helpful now all I have to do is change the batch file?
- Run multiple programs in batch file?
- Stack multiple applications at the same time?
- There are always a few programs I open at the same time every time, or when I start my computer very helpful I just need to change the batch file now?
- batch file run multiple programs?
- Start batch file at certain times?
- Batch several applications at the same time?
- There are always a few programs that I open at the same time every time, or when I start my computer very helpful now I just have to change the batch file?
- There are always a couple of programs that I open at the same time every time, or when I start my computer very helpful now I just have to change the batch file?
- Start the program with batch and continue?
- There are some programs that I always have to run together. For me it's Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer!
- Start program with batch and continue?
- Windows 7 batch file programs?
- Start several programs in batch file?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, server, eleven, console, batch, file, start, multiple, programs, solution, time, Questions, Answers, Software