Change the screen buffer size of the Windows 11, 10, ... command prompt!
Changing the screen buffer size for MS Windows OR Command Prompt output is very convenient and easy on Desktops and MS Server OS!
With larger / longer text in the command output you want to copy it to the clipboard, this is helpful if you don't use tools with the endless text buffer size such as ►► the ColorConsole for Windows , the text buffer size under all Windows (11, 10 , 8.1, ... and MS Server 2022, 2019, 2016, ...) can be increased quite easily in order to be able to copy more to the clipboard!
1.) Increase the screen buffer size of the Windows command prompt!
1. Simply start the command prompt (Windows + R and cmd)
2. Right mouse click on a position on the title bar of the command prompt
3. Select "Properties" and the "Layout" tab
4. Adjust the screen buffer size
5. To save, confirm with the [OK] button
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 7)
| (Image-1) Change the screen buffer size of the Windows command prompt!
2.) More tips on text output and screen buffers!
FAQ 85: Updated on: 26 August 2023 10:46
You can also use a PowerShell command to save Internet pages on your computer and that on all Windows 11, 10, desktop and MS Server operating systems
It is easy to securely erase data from hard drives with DiskPart via command prompt in MS Windows 11, 10, or Server OS Safely erase a hard drive with
It is easy to list all WiFi / WLAN access points using a command prompt under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and MS Server 2019, 2016, The best way to do this
It is easy to generate random numbers via a batch file under Windows Server and all MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop OS and MS Server There are free tools
Under MS Windows 11, 10, Desktops and MS Server, information on a specific user account can be obtained quickly via the command line Important user
It is practical and easy to determine from the command line in PowerShell: whether there is a Microsoft Account or is a Local Account on Windows 11, 10,
Changing workgroup or PC name using Command Prompt or PowerShell is om MS Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Is not impossible either, this is often used
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Where do I set the screen buffer size to Multiple lines, the screen buffer size in a command prompt window is too small?
- Can I change the output buffer size in Windows command prompt?
- Help The default Windows command prompt output buffer size is too small, can you make it larger?
- I like using the Windows command prompt and am wondering why the screen output buffer has such a small default size?
- Command prompt in windows text input with multiple pages?
- Windows command prompt output buffer size, can I make it smaller or even larger?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, console, change, screen, buffer, size, command, prompt, easy, large, long, text, Questions, Answers, Software