After Windows 10 Update no CD / DVD drive in MS-Explorer!
With the Windows 11/10 update it can happen that the CD or DVD drive is not displayed in the file explorer!
These errors can occur if Windows 11/10 is no longer detects the CD and DVD drives. In this case errors and problems can be solved!
First, there may be a miss, or incorrect assignment of the drive letter, resulting in a malfunction. If it is just the letter of the drive, you need to do the following:
► Change the Windows 10 drive letters , DVD and USB drives
If that does not help, you can check the driver functionality in Device Manager and start updating the CD / DVD driver if necessary. ► Driver update via the Windows 10 Device Manager
Of course, in the event of a device failure, you can have the drive replaced, but after the warranty expires, it can be an expensive story. If you only occasionally use the DVD drive, it may be useful to consider an external drive.
I personally like to use the drive letter Z:\ and Y:\ for the CD, or DVD drive!
| (Image-1) Windows 10 CD / DVD drive in the MS-Explorer!
Windows 10 File Explorer displays my DVD drive again!
Updated on: 2 July 2021 14:24
Keywords: Windows, 10, 11, explorer, after, windows, update, drive, ms-explorer, CD, DVD, lost, doomed, shed, astray, forlorn, forsaken, missing
Similar information on the page
If the thumbnails or thumbnails are not displayed correctly in Windows 11 and 10 File Explorer, you must reset them. Everyone probably knows how to activate
After installing Windows 10 from Microsoft, many ask where is the old IE internet explorer / browser Windows 11 is without Internet Explorer You do not
On some Windows computers after update the fonts in the file explorer are partly displayed wrong, the solution is simple Content: 1. The File Explorer
It is quite easy to restore the download folder view in Windows 11 or 10, since it looks different after the update Many Windows 11 and 10 users do not
It is quite easy to select multiple files or folders in Windows Explorer under Windows 10 Select multiple files or folders in MS Windows Explorer. You
Quite annoying PDF preview, PDF thumbnails Windows 11 and 10 Explorer problem There are many manufacturers of PDF, but very few understand the source code.
Under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, , simply see the total duration ergo the length of MP3, audio, video files of a folder in the file explorer Everyone has a
Sometimes you need to change Windows 11/10 Quick View, better known as a file preview, to see information about the file and sometimes the preview In each
Quite simply you can adjust the search fields width in the File Explorer on Windows 11 ,10 and 8.1 Hold the mouse over the area marked here see Image-1
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- SD_drive no longer in the file explorer?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 File Explorer does not show my DVD drive !?
- No dvd drive in the explorer?
- Device Manager displays the drive as enabled.?
- No sd drive after win10 and Windows 11 creator?
- I can use the drive and can display the drive letter with third-party applications like VLC Player but not in Explorer?
- Win 10 and Windows 11 update optical drive not working?
- No DVD drive after upgrade?
- No more drive after the update?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 cd drive is not displayed in explorer?
- After update driver dvd drive disappeared?
- No dvd after windows 10 and Windows 11 update?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 dvd drive explorer?
- Cd drive windows 10 and Windows 11 explorer?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 explorer after windows update drive CD / DVD, lost, doomed, shed, astray, forlorn, forsaken, missing, how to fix it!
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 explorer does not show cd-rom drive?
- Drive is not shown in explore?
- However, I can not see anything in File Explorer. I looked at the recommendations in other posts, but they do not work.?
- I've upgraded to the latest version of Windows Pro 10 and Windows 11, and now my DVD drive does not appear in File Explorer.?
- The drive is part of the laptop.?
- Keinc cd dvd drive in explorer?
- No DVD drive after Windows 10 and Windows 11?