Hiding the Mouse - Classic and New Strategy (Windows, 10, 8.1, ...)?
At Windows 7 or Windows 10, there are different procedures for hiding the mouse cursor, which can be selected freely from AutoHideMouseCursor
Many users who works with full-screen applications prefer the classic strategy. The new Hide Mouse cursor strategy is somewhat more sensitive and work oriented. (... see Image-1)
From Version: 3.01 "New strategy + Aggressiv"
Just ... download AutoHideMouseCursor
, test it and write a feedback or comment to me ;-).
For example, the classic strategy, is in example also good to hide the Tooltip and Quick-Info Text!
Decide for yourself which is the better solution to hide the Windows mouse cursor, the procedure is different as I said.
| (Image-1) Mouse Cursor Hiding -Classic and New Strategy for Windows!
Hiding the mouse cursor is sometimes very useful, whether you want to use the mouse cursor on the latest Windows OS or hide the mouse cursor on the desktop, Surface Pro / Go or on a Windows Server system.
FAQ 4: Updated on: 26 September 2019 19:43
AutoHideMouseCursor - FAQ-4: Hiding the Mouse - Classic and New Strategy (Windows, 10, 8.1, ...)?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Your program hides the cursor, but when I open a window there is a tiny squared spot. I then move the cursor and the cursor is displayed, then gone whith the 'spot' as it should. But the 'Bug' is that annoying square spot always showing up! I use the portable version.
- The Hide mouse pointer while typing windows feature does not do the work and not hiding the mouse pointer. How to set thid value of the Mouse on windows system registry
- I don't know what windows tool is responsible for hiding the cursor. Can an software for free the one pointer hide we're waiting for a mouseleave or so
- If I use Windows 10, I can use the "auto hidden cursor" theme. Hide Mouse Cursor on Windows 10 and 8.1 with Mouse Pointer Scheme I will need to use keyboard, how to
- How to use this simple app to hide your mouse cursor when you're not using on Windows 10, 8.1 My problem is, at least on newer versions of Windows, that the cursor is always on
- When the cursor is hidden, it very often reappears (when I move the mouse) in the upper left corner of the screen (I have two monitors - the cursor jumps to the left one). I'm not sure if this depends on something or is completely random. Is it AutoHideMouseCursor that is moving the cursor? More details: After I move the mouse, the cursor appears at the correct location, but a split second later, it jumps to the corner of the screen.
- Hide a tiny mouse pointer can be a frustrating task, especially on a high resolution laptop screen, where I white pointer can not be hide on Windows OS, why
- My mouse cursor disappears on my Windows 10 PC, is here are a things that can i try to resolve this problem
- Not exactly a Tool Tip, more of a label that describes the box that the mouse is hovering over. If I move my mouse over any box on a web page that is meant to be typed in, then the label appears. The Mouse cursor disappears, but the annoying label remains and becomes a barrier to reading and typing in the text box as shown in the image. Is it possible for these labels to disappear along with the mouse?
Bug Fix: resolved in 4.21 For example:
- set "Hidde when you press a key on the keyboard" to ON
- open a file explorer window
- navigate to a folder with several files in it (I have "Detailed"
- select a file with the mouse
- press cursor up or down key to select another file (this makes the
mouse pointer to disappear)
- press alt-enter (this shows the Property dialog for the selected file)
- press ESC (to close the dialog)
- try to move up or down using cursor keys to selected another file:
it does not work, as the explorer windows is not selected
If I then move the mouse, the explorer windows gets selected again.
Another small suggestion: When the mouse cursor is hidden, if I click a mouse button, the cursor stays hidden. I would consider clicking the mouse button to be "using the mouse", so the cursor should become visible again.
- AutoHideMouseCursor works very well most of the time, but I would like an option for the timer to repeat/continue even after the cursor hidden. I ask this because some games and apps show the cursor again, and AutoHideMouseCursor thinks the cursor is hidden, so the timer does not run, and the cursor is thus not hidden again, unless I move the mouse or press a keyboard button, which I cannot when playing with a gamepad. I hope you will consider adding this option. Thank you very much!
- I find the mouse very annoying when trying to type into text boxes and hoped your software would resolve that issue. The mouse does disappear but I have yet to find a way to stop these labels from displaying which is the more annoying part when trying to type and the label covers the text being typed. Is there any way to prevent these labels from displaying or force hide them with the cursor?
Keywords: auto, hide, mouse, pointer, cursor, mouse, hiding, classic, strategy, windows, seven, 10, 8.1, tooltip, quick, info, Questions, Answers, Software