What are the Mouse Hiding Classic and New Strategy (Windows, 10, 8.1, ...)?
At Windows 7 or Windows 10, there are different procedures for hiding the mouse cursor, which can be selected freely from AutoHideMouseCursor
Many users who works with full-screen applications prefer the classic strategy. The new Hide Mouse cursor strategy is somewhat more sensitive and work oriented. (... see Image-1)
Just ... download AutoHideMouseCursor, test and write a feedback ;-).
Info: The classic strategy, is for example also to hide the Tooltip and Quick-Info Text!
| (Image-1) Mouse Cursor Hiding Classic and New Strategy for Windows!
FAQ 4: Updated on: May 12th 2018 14:07
AutoHideMouseCursor - FAQ-4: What are the Mouse Hiding Classic and New Strategy (Windows, 10, 8.1, ...)?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
|Asked questions on this answer:|
Bug Fix: resolved in 4.21
- set "Hidde when you press a key on the keyboard" to ON
- open a file explorer window
- navigate to a folder with several files in it (I have "Detailed"
- select a file with the mouse
- press cursor up or down key to select another file (this makes the
mouse pointer to disappear)
- press alt-enter (this shows the Property dialog for the selected file)
- press ESC (to close the dialog)
- try to move up or down using cursor keys to selected another file:
it does not work, as the explorer windows is not selected
If I then move the mouse, the explorer windows gets selected again.
Another small suggestion:
When the mouse cursor is hidden, if I click a mouse button, the cursor stays hidden.
I would consider clicking the mouse button to be "using the mouse", so the cursor should become visible again.
How to use this simple app to hide your mouse cursor when you're not using on Windows 10, 8.1
My problem is, at least on newer versions of Windows, that the cursor is always on
- If I use Windows 10, I can use the "auto hidden cursor" theme. Hide Mouse Cursor on Windows 10 and 8.1 with Mouse Pointer Scheme I will need to use keyboard, how to
- My mouse cursor disappears on my Windows 10 PC, is here are a things that can i try to resolve this problem
- The Hide mouse pointer while typing windows feature does not do the work and not hiding the mouse pointer. How to set thid value of the Mouse on windows system registry
- Hide a tiny mouse pointer can be a frustrating task, especially on a high resolution laptop screen, where I white pointer can not be hide on Windows OS, why
- I don't know what windows tool is responsible for hiding the cursor. Can an software for free the one pointer hide we're waiting for a mouseleave or so
I find the mouse very annoying when trying to type into text boxes and hoped your software would resolve that issue.
The mouse does disappear but I have yet to find a way to stop these labels from displaying which is the more annoying part when trying to type and the label covers the text being typed.
Is there any way to prevent these labels from displaying or force hide them with the cursor?
Not exactly a Tool Tip, more of a label that describes the box that the
mouse is hovering over. If I move my mouse over any box on a web page
that is meant to be typed in, then the label appears. The Mouse cursor
disappears, but the annoying label remains and becomes a barrier to
reading and typing in the text box as shown in the image. Is it possible
for these labels to disappear along with the mouse?
- Your program hides the cursor, but when I open a window there is a tiny squared spot. I then move the cursor and the cursor is displayed, then gone whith the 'spot' as it should. But the 'Bug' is that annoying square spot always showing up! I use the portable version.
Keywords: auto, hide, mouse, pointer, cursor, mouse, hiding, classic, strategy, windows, seven, 10, 8.1, tooltip, quick, info, Questions, Answers, Software