Show SSD, HD USB drives Windows 10, 8.1?
It is very easy to display drives under Windows, the solution in this example is suitable for Windows 10, 8.1 and all other operating systems, as well as Windows Server 2016 and 2012!
I took the screenshots on Windows Server, but that doesn't matter.
The best way to do this is
through the Windows Run dialog
and the command diskmgmt.msc
You will now see all Windows drives and the assigned drive letters for the respective drive or volume, or also known as a partition.
| (Image-4) Show SSD, HD USB drives Microsofts Windows OS!
Helpful information: Hard disks and drives are, so to speak, storage media on the PC!
Of course, the drives and hard drives must be freshly formatted before use.
The drive is formatted using a file system so that files and folders can be stored on the drive under Windows. The drives on a new computer that came with Windows are already formatted.
But if you buy an additional drive ergo hard drive, for example, in order to be able to use more space on your Windows computer, you will have to format the new drive as long as the drive has not been formatted by the manufacturer itself. Usually the drives are pre-formatted and delivered in NTFS or the popular FAT or FAT32 format.
From the first moment of working with the Windows 10 operating system, every user has the need to divide a hard drive into several partitions in order to store personal files. So, information about opening Disk Management in Windows 10 and working with this file is important for every beginner and advanced user.
In Windows 10 you can also quickly access the drive overview via the Windows X menu!
In the following little tutorial you will see how to partition a hard drive in a Windows 10 environment . For this, Disk Management is the right tool to solve this problem.
► Open administration or administrative tools in Windows-10!
► Use the system file checking program if Windows 10 crashes!
2.) Recognize drives in the disk optimization!
| (Image-2) Show SSD, HD USB drives under Windows!
3.) More drive detection options!
Windows offers really comfortable methods to recognize SSD, HD USB drives, if that is not enough, you can take a look at these free tips / tool!
►► Open, close Eject drive via the information area on the taskbar!
►► Fast testing / detection of hard disks and drives as well as path!
| (Image-3) More drives / display tools for MS Windows OS!
FAQ 42: Updated on: 24 November 2020 11:13
Sysinternals on Sysinternals.com, or live. Sysinternals.com for all Microsoft Windows Desktop and MS Server OS 1. The Sysinternals Suite Tools for
If the main memory under Windows is too busy, it is not the same amount of dust that was found when the Windows PC was opened You should open the PC occasionally
One wonders whether defragmenting or optimizing the hard disk or USB drive makes sense and whether it is necessary to do this under Windows or MAC OS Content:
If you buy an external USB-3 hard drive and it is not faster than USB-2, then you should check the following Content: 1. The most common cause is too
The difference between drives and hard disk is easy to explain, regardless of whether it is Windows, MAC PC, LINUX, or Android Drives are a general category
All operating systems offer one or more options for making a simple test print Here I have created a simple test page in doc, pdf, xlm and rtf format in
There are a couple of ways you can find out what type of CPU is in a Windows PC without opening the case. It goes without saying that every user wants to
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Could it be if I have installed a new external hard drive, for example my new USB SSD under Windows and it is not recognized, in most cases this is not a hardware error - it is responsible for the fact that Windows does not recognize an unformatted hard drive it is difficult to recognize this problem and deal with it in just a few steps?
- Help, today I got a USB stick that was previously given by Apple on the MAC OS operating system, Windows does not recognize it, the drives do not appear in Explorer, what is the solution for this USB data carrier or is it with BitLocker on Windows 10 been encrypted?
- Will someone show me the process under Windows 10, all connected data carriers such as hard drives and USB sticks that are not listed in Explorer can be seen?
- USB hard drives are usually immediately visible in File Explorer on Windows, with a Windows USB SSD hard drive that was previously on a Linux PC from a friend, is not recognized on Windows, the data carrier LED lights up automatically as soon as I connect it to the PC connect, the message does not appear and the automatic drive letter does not appear in Explorer, what should be done?
- Wonder if I have new hard drives under Windows, do I have to initialize them like this before I can use them, who can show me how I can do it, what's the trick?
Keywords: beginners, show, drives, windows, very, easy, display, under, solution, this, example, suitable, other, operating, systems, well, Questions, Answers, Software