Do you want to restore the icons on Windows start / login?
You can start Desktop-OK with Windows and Auto Restore the Desktop-Icon Layout at Windows Start!
And it does not matter whether it is Windows 10 or Windows 8.1/7 or Microsoft's Server 2016 and Web Server 2016, a short how to!
content / how to:
See also: ► maximize the number of windows desktop icon
1.) Save when shutting down and restoring at system startup.
To start DesktopOK with Windows, the option "Start DesktopOK with Windows" must be activated.
If the icons (icon layout) are to be saved on shutdown, the option "Save by Windows Shutdown" must be activated.
Similarly, if the icon layout is to be restored when Windows is started, the option "Restore by Windows Startup".
See also: Restore Desktop Icons Problem in DesktopOK |&| maximize the number of windows desktop icon
Please always use ... the latest version of DesktopOK.
| (Image-1) Restore the icons at Windows startup!
2.) The save the icons at program end and restoring at program start.
From DesktopOK version 4.61, you can use this icon layout auto save function.
2. in Options (... see Image-2 Arrow-2
entry will be created and used to restore the icon positions.
| (Image-2) Restore and save the desktop icons at Program start!
FAQ 3: Updated on: 4 July 2018 18:21
DesktopOK - FAQ-3: Do you want to restore the icons on Windows start / login?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Is there a way to run DesktopOK at startup with the restore option. My Icons are all over the place at startup, and I have tried every hint on the web that I can find to fix it.?
- How restore desktop icons at windows 10 start?
- Can I restore the desktop icons at windows 10 start?
- Solutions to restore the desktop icons or symbols at windows 10 start!?
- Prevent Auto arrange of icons and desktop symbols between windows 10 starts?
- Prevent change the desktop icons position on windows 10 and 8.1?
- How to set all icon in windows 10 whit my own layout?
- How do save layout between icons on the desktop in windows 10 for next Login or user switch?
- Help the desktop icons layout lost at windows 10 start?
- Windows 10 change icons layout of the desktop icons at login?
- Desktop change icons layout on windows 10?
- Windows 10 change desktop icons?
- Windows 10 customize desktop icons for next start?
- How to save icon spacing and position on Windows 10 or 8.1?
- How to modifying icon layout on Windows 10 Desktop?
- Icons on Desktop on Windows 10, position changes every login and start?
- I have desktop ok on my (now windows 10) computer. It simply doesn't work & so frustrating when computer RESTARTS (usually after windows updates) it simply doesn't restore...?
- Could this be because 4.15 doesn't work with windows 10? Is there a way to automatically update? I figured I would just try downloading the newer version... But when I tried, after download and extracting, it still opens up old version (perhaps I need to delete the old first?
- Hello, I am using Desktop OK with Windows 10 x64. I tried to save desktop icons, but when I click to restore them after an update, they were all went to the left side of the screen. Is there any compatibility problem or something?
Keywords: desktopok, restore, desktop, icons, windows, starupt, 10, 8.1, seven, Questions, Answers, Software