USB data rate for USB 3.2, 3.1, 3, 2, 1?
The USB net / gross data rate and description of the USB 3.0 technology!
1.) The USB data rates!
In bytes per second:
USB 1 1.0 MB / s 1.5 MB / s
USB 2 40 MB / s 60 MB / s
USB 3 300 MB / s 625 MB / s
USB 3.1 900 MB / s 1.25 GB / s
USB 3.2 1800 MB / s 2.50 GB / s
USB 4.0 3600MB / s 5.00GB/s
In bits per second:
USB 1 8.0 Mbit / s 12 Mbit / s
USB 2 320 Mbit / s 480 Mbit / s
USB 3 2400 Mbit / s 5 Gbit / s
USB 3.1 7200 Mbit / s 10 Gbit / s
USB 3.2 14400 Mbit / s 20 Gbit / s
USB 4.0: 28800Mbps / s 40 Gbit / s
2.) Why is it not always possible to achieve USB data rates?
But be careful!
The whole thing only works if all drivers are correct and all components take part in this data transfer.
An example, you have a USB 3 hard drive that is 300 MB / s, but only if the hard drive is 300 MB / s this is only the case with SSD, usually 2.5 inch hard drives 100-150 MB / s 3.5 inches 150-200 MB / s and that again only when writing sequentially on the hard drive.
3.) The USB technology and data rates!
Description of the USB 3.0 technology.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a serial data interface for medium to slow peripheral devices. One of the versions of the interface is USB 3.0. In the specification, USB 3.0 connectors and cables of the updated standard are physically and functionally compatible with USB 2.0.
To clearly identify the USB 3.0 connection, it is common to offer it in blue plastic. The USB 2.0 cable contains four lines - a pair for receiving / transmitting data and a zero voltage supply.
It is important to mention that USB 3.0 is equipped with four additional communication lines, which leads to a thicker cable. The new contacts in the USB 3.0 ports are separate from the old ones in a different row of contacts. The USB 3.0 specification increases the maximum data transfer rate to 5 Gb per second compared to 480 Mb per second with USB 2.0. This increases the transfer speed from 60 MB / s (30 MB / s effective) to 600 MB / s and enables the transfer of 1 TB in 1-2 hours.
More about USB: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus!
| (Image-1) The USB 4,3,2,1 Data-Rate!
4.) Other related tips on data rates and Co.!
Low data rates are annoying, here you will find more tips and information on this topic that may be more or less helpful to you!
FAQ 19: Updated on: 12 September 2022 03:34
Good question if you are looking for the right file system for the USB data carrier The first thing you should ask yourself is how big are my files? Second,
You can unzip the ISO file on your computer with the usual compression archive program, they can also do this job without any problems. There are also special
It is indeed the case that data transfer is very slow under Windows 10 when Defender is activated It can be permanently deactivated under Windows 10 Pro
The Windows system file checking and recovery program can be started at any time under Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 Server 2019/2016 First information: This
If USB doesnt show up on Windows in File Explorer, fix it with a new drive letter, or update the drive driver Formatting and converting from the drive
It is simply this system rule - when deleting folder files the html file is also deleted, why - The automatic deletion? It sometimes happens when you
If the Windows operating system becomes slower, deleting the superfluous system data can help For most Windows 10, 8.1 systems, the important "C" drive
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Net gross at USB 3.0 data rate compared to USB 3.1 and USB 3.2?
- USB and lower data rates are relatively bad for USB sticks is it the USB connection that degrades the transfer speed?
- What is USB speed based on and what is the USB 3.0 speed that I can use?
- A stick with USB 3.1 and the speed is 5 GBit/s, why these differences in transmission?
- What is that I have such low speeds with the USB stick, the data that is transferred is not the maximum values, is it due to broken USB ports?
- USB net data rate?
- USB and the values are these always realistic, or do they indicate the theoretical maximum?
- USB 2.0 hdd net datarate?
- What are the differences between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 and 4 are they really that big?
- How high is the USB speed actually, factors of USB sticks and external hard drives that are on storage media as a criterion for the transfer speed?
- USB speeds USB 2.0 what is the net gross?
- Find a USB speeds in the overview, with the correct values given:?
- USB 4.0 current USB generation is it many times faster than USB predecessors?
Keywords: filesystem, data, rate, gross, description, technology, bytes, second, USB, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0, Questions, Answers, Software