How do I use the character map? How do I use the character map?
Everyone is familiar with opening the Character Map in Windows 11, 10, ... etc, but how do I use the Character Map on Microsoft's Windows Desktop and Server OS?
PS: The number of characters depends on the fonts installed under Windows 11, 10, ... etc.
1.) Mark several characters and use them afterwards!
You can record multiple characters at once by double-clicking each character and then copying them into your work as a group. You don't have to go back to the character map for each picture and copy and paste them one by one.
1. Windows + R and charmap
2. Select font
3. Double click on the respective symbols
4. Then mark symbols and copy them to the clipboard with
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6
| (Image-1) Mark several characters in the character table!
2.) List and group in the character table!
1. Select the font you want to search again
2. Activate the Advanced View
3. Activate the Unicode Subrange
4. In the Unicode Subrange list in the "Group by" field, click on the category of characters to be displayed , for example "Currency"
5. The characters belonging to this category are displayed in the character table.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 4
| (Image-2) Character table and grouping according to Unicode sub-areas!
3.) Search in the character table for certain characters!
1. Open the character table ( Windows + R
the font you want to
3. Activate the Advanced View check box
4. Use the Unicode option
in the Character set list
5. Enter in the list No grouping
6. Enter the four-digit Unicode value for the character you are looking for in the Unicode field.
7. The character is automatically marked in the character grid
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 7
| (Image-3) Search in the character table for Unicode characters!
4.) How to search for a character by name!
1. Open the character map.
2. Select the font to be searched from the list.
3. Activate the Advanced view
4. Select the character set
5. In the "Search for" enter as example: "plus"
6. Click on "Search" or confirm the entry with the Enter key
(... see Image-4 Point 1 to 5
| (Image-4) Search for names in the character table!
15.) Open character table faster on MS Windows OS?
The fastest way is with Windows + R and command charmap
Optional Windows + Q and also charmap or character map as search term
FAQ 1: Updated on: 10 May 2022 09:32
The practical color printing under Windows sometimes needs to be switched to black and white under Windows, here is the quick solution for this task Typically,
The icon cache / temporary storage under Windows can lead to incorrect shortcut icons, here is the solution for deleting / resetting the icon cache on Windows
The printer queue folder can be opened and viewed under Windows 11, 10, or MS Server OS in the file explorer, the open print jobs are saved here The
In order to display SVG thumbnails in Windows Explorer under Windows 11, 10, and MS Server, a shell extension for the operating system is required Preface:
In the task manager you can easily find out the command line of programs, this is possible under Windows 11, 10, , for example to recognize the start
How to Remove Temporary Files from Windows Operating System The problems with software could be caused by too many or corrupted temporary files 1.
It is quite easy to use a key combination to open a folder / directory, whether under MS Windows 11, 10, etc. possible anywhere You dont need to resort
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
Keywords: character, map, everyone, familiar, with, opening, windows, microsoft, desktop, server, Questions, Answers, Software