How do I increase the speed of the HDD (SSD / HD)?
The speed of the hard disk is composed of various factors including load, drivers, operating system and the data bus.
First, you should check all the drivers are installed correctly, this should at the same time take a look at all drivers. Not only that of the hard disk ► Starting the Device Manager under Windows!
Very useful is also the hard disk optimization with the SSD hard disks this is possible.
► Defragment in Windows 8.1 / 8 and 10 (hard disks, optimization)!
You can get more disk space by listening to more memory, because the computer has to outsource less to the hard drive, or by moving the virtual memory to a separate hard drive, the load of accesses is split between two hard drives. ► Customizing the pagefile.sys paging file in Windows 8.1 and 10!
Oh yes, by switching or updating to the New Windows 10 , can lead to success, but of course you have some changes here. Enable or Disable ► the auto driver updates on Windows 10!
► Where can I find the Autoupdate settings in Windows 10?
► Starting the Device Manager under Windows!
► Change my documents folder in Windows 10!
► Show drives in Windows 10!
► Performance Index in Windows 10 Experience Index!
► ... the IsMyHdOK, SSDs or HDDs benchmark points!
| (Image-1) Iindividual test values or measurements in IsMyHdOK!
A hard disk is a mechanical device with a relatively high speed for daily work such as Windows 10. However, due to certain factors, it may lose some speed, resulting in slower booting of programs. It is also noticeable when opening and saving larger files. All the work on the computer becomes uncomfortable and sluggish. In any case, you should do a number of actions to increase the speed of your hard drive, which will allow you to significantly increase the performance of the entire operating system.
First, you should check all the drivers are installed correctly, this should at the same time take a look at all drivers. Not only that of the hard disk, these can also have an indirect effect on the hard disk speed. It does not matter if this is an SSD or HDD. In Device Manager, an important part of Windows 10 and 8, you will find information about installing and configuring the computer hardware and drivers.
Very useful is also the hard disk optimization with the SSD hard disks this is possible. Before you defragment the disk, you should ask yourself what you expect and how full the disk is. Because the entire defragmentation can take some time and does not always bring the desired success with it: ► Defragment or Optimize!
When one or more factors affect the operation of the hard disk, it starts to work more slowly, which is noticeable to the user. To increase the speed, you can use the simplest method of systemization, the so-called Windows Auto Update which usually ensures that all drivers are up to date.
FAQ 6: Updated on: 26 June 2020 15:49
Please open the the main menu IsMyHdOK and select Compare the Results on SoftwareOK.com
The access time in IsMyHdOK Not only the data transfer rate but also the access time is an important performance index of storage drives With IsMyHdOK
It is easy to test another partition or drive with this test tool under MS Windows 11, 10, etc. Desktop and MS Server OS Content: 1. Switching
There are several reasons why the external SSD hard drive cannot reach full speed First, the correct USB driver should be installed, the external SSD can
The speed of the hard disk SSD / HDD / USB / SD can still be tested / measured on MS Windows 11 OS Even with the latest Microsoft Windows 11 you can
Sometimes you just want to measure individual write / read speeds on the SSD, USB sticks or SD cards with this tool it is possible under MS Windows 1. Start
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I do not need the cmd.exe to find out and improve the write speed of my hard drive, I get all values here after the check, also to determine the write speed. I can also optimize the hard drive under Windows 10, the hard drive speed is in Windows 10 now 20% better!
- Juhu now I know how I can test and increase the hard drive speed, so that's how it works!
- How do I know how fast my hard drive is?
- I was able to determine the write speed of the hard drive, and I also improved it immediately thanks!
- I like to use free programs for this purpose on Windows 10 there is PowerShell but I can't POWERSHELL to determine the speed of my hard drive in a jiffy, who can provide me with good freeware software that I don't even have to install, so I test the speed of it Hard drive like, and you just optimize too?
- Determining the read speed of the hard disk was very easy with this tool, I do not have to use a console command such as winsat, disk, seq, read, ... I can simply select the letters of the respective drive without having to locate them on the hard disk, then optimize and interpret the result again!
- I always wanted to find out the speed of your hard drive, now someone here explains it to me!
Keywords: increase, speed, hard, disk, composed, various, factors, including, load, drivers, operating, system, check, Questions, Answers, Software