Leave the folder size display in a column, does it (Q-Dir)?
Foldersize or extended size information is accessible through: ( "Menu"> "Extras"> "Data size information") or whit key [F9]
The folder size will be ignored for sorting. Because of performance problems eg when navigating. i will enable this in next version!
From Vista, there are no extensions for the MS Explorer. On this occasion, I have it now in Q-Dir programmed and integrated.
To keep the space: I have used the column "size" for show the folder-size information. And the column "type" for folders and file number for each folder, including subfolders. screenshot (1)
»»» back to Q-Dir/History
»»» back to Q-Dir
You can also change the settings and also quickly switch to the system default size information.
The Options for Data size information:
# Use System default size information
# Show Q-Dir internal size information
# Show Folder Size
# Show size information in bytes
# Show Size information in KB
# Show Size information in MB
# Autoselect Size MB/KB/Bytes
# With thousands separation
# No decimal portion
# One digit decimal portion
# Two digit decimal portion
# Three digits decimal portion
# Decimal proportion automatically
# Display Percentage
# Display Folders/Files number
# If no focus suspend Folder-Size
# Ignore the Folder-Size for sorting
FAQ 63: Updated on: April 9th 2014 11:52
The Freeware Program Q-DIR
is suitable for Microsoft: Windows 10
Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Home,
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8
Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro,
Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Ultimate,
Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate,
Windows XP Home and Pro, X64 and x32 all Windows, Windows Server 2000-2008,Windows Server 2012,Windows Server 2016.
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Folder size tool for Windows-7! How does it work?
- Folder size tool for Windows-Vista, Works like a charm and in W7?
- The point is the Folder size tool for Windows-Server-2008?
- Great soft Qdir, if only you could add a column with the size of each folder it will be great (as foldersize) but i think it was only possible with xp version and not with seven.?
- I am using Q-Dir 5.84 on Windows 7 and cannot figure out how to set the view of each dir to show the Folder sizes. I have read FAQ 33 of 99 on your blog but cannot find the menu that is displayed where it shows selecting the "Size of selected objects including sub-folders". Is it available in v. 5.84?
Keywords: leave, folder, size, display, column, does, q-dir, Questions, Answers, Software