Difference shut down and restart on Windows OS?
A legitimate question about the difference between shut down and restart of the Microsoft Windows Desktop PC or Server!
1.) Restart or shut down!
However, many Windows users use restarting far too seldom, believing that turning off and on again is one and the same. But that's not quite right on Windows. Because the Windows PC is only completely shut down when it is restarted , the memory is deleted, all APPs are shut down and restarted. This is especially the case when Windows or hybrid standby, or better known as hibernation, is activated.
When all of your windows are minimized, or you focus them on the desktop using the Windows + D keyboard shortcut , you can initiate a shutdown by pressing Alt + F4 on your keyboard at the same time.
The Shut Down Windows window appears. Select shutdown in the selection box and then click the "OK" button or simply press the Enter key.
( ... see Image-1 Point 1 and 2 )
| (Image-1) Shut down and restart on all Windows OS!
2.) More links to restart, shutdown and standby!
FAQ 105: Updated on: 4 September 2023 10:22
When testing the operating systems side by side and with two identical computers 16 GB main memory, SSD hard drive, Intel i3. I cannot confirm a difference
Anyone who owns a small MINI or MIKRO PC will eventually find that the SSD hard drive gets pretty hot. A temperature of 0 - 70 °C 32 - 158 °F is permitted
On all new Microsoft Windows OS to 11 you can open the folder with the last saved search results 1. Preface to the search results directory in Windows
On all Windows operating systems you can open the recycle bin settings quite quickly to adjust it The Recycle Bin stores deleted files until the maximum
It is very easy to delete or reset the search history of the file explorer in Windows, whether on desktop or MS Server OS, both are possible This example
When using Remote Desktop Connection, known as Microsoft Remote Desktop, its easy to save a setting in a single file for that remote location and preference
Restarting Windows 11, 10, etc. all OS, services is quite easy to open, just start the Services Management tool 1. Finding or starting the service
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Did a real reboot?
- Need guidance is there a point restart?
- I recently installed Windows 10 and Windows 11 Pro, I can't restart and shut down, what can I do?
- The difference when a PC after I restart Windows 10 and Windows 11 instead of shutting down is big?
- Shut down or restart the PC?
- Is there a technical difference between a: reboot and shutdown on Windows?
- What exactly happens on the operating system when the computer is switched off?
- I have the problem that the computer cannot find an operating system?
- So what happens with simple PC shutdown on Windows 10 and Windows 11,?
- Can a reboot help as an alternative to a simple shutdown?
- On Windows 10 and Windows 11 the start it does not restart, how can I restart this manually?
- Sign out or shut down difference?
- Difference between restart and shut down?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 shutdown or restart, what's different?
- It's like I can't restart, what have I already looked at in the bios?
- Which is better reboot or shutdown?
- difference restart wondows 7 to windows 10 and windows 11?
- Shut down windows and restart?
- Difference starting and restarting Windows completely?
- What can I do, because it takes a while to boot Windows 10 and Windows 11, after 5 minutes the PC still booted?
- How do I know that my computer will update to Windows 10 and Windows 11 when it shuts down?
- Windows restart and boot up difference?
- What happens when you restart, are all processes and programs really completely terminated, do all programs and processes then have to be reinstalled?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 restart vs shut down?
- Difference between shutdown and restart?
- Difference shut down or restart computer?
- Windows restart vs shut down?
- Hello, I would like to shut down my PC correctly?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 restart and shutdown?
- Shut down and restart?
- Restart or shut down the PC?
- Windows 10 and Windows 11 shutdown restart difference?
- Restart and shut down?
- Should I see the difference in the OS when a computer is turned on? Reset the RAM memory in the BIOS?
- What happens when you shut down the computer into a what about the power supply?
- difference reboot shutdown?
- What is the difference between shutdown and power off?
- What about the status of the hard disk and memory at the next boot, where is the PC not restarting is it better than shutting down the PC to clear the RAM?
- Reboot or Shutdown?
- A reboot does clear the cache, so is a reboot more than a shutdown?
- Restart or shut down?
Keywords: system, general, difference, shut, down, restart, windows, legitimate, question, about, between, microsoft, desktop, server, content, Questions, Answers, Software