Help the day of the week is missing in the Windows 11 taskbar?
Now don't panic, with a little trick you can have the day of the week appear in the Windows 11 taskbar without any chronological specialist knowledge!
Many users use ► external clocks on Windows 11 to see the day of the week on the desktop, even if they are very nice, it is not necessary to get this small information in the Windows taskbar!
1.) Displaying the day of the week in the Windows 11 taskbar!
You have to change the tag format short form
a: dddd, MMMM d, yyyy or b: ddd, MMMM d, yyyy or c: ddd MM/dd/yyyy
(... see Image-1 Point a, b and c)
1. Start the regional settings Windows + R and intl.cpl
2. Via the Formats tab at the bottom of the dialog on "Additional Settings"
3. Date tab and in Date (short) : ddd MM/dd/yyyy
(PS: you can also use other formats a> dddd, MMMM d, yyyy or b: ddd, MMMM d, yyyy
4. Do not forget the button Apply
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 7)
The Windows 11 taskbar uses the short date format, but since the height cannot be changed at the moment, only this trick came to mind. But it looks good and you have a better orientation on weekdays
| (Image-1) Show day of the week in the Windows 11 taskbar!
2.) The day of the week above the Windows 11 taskbar as an info tip!
If you only occasionally need the day of the week, you can simply hold the mouse over the taskbar in the area of the clock / date display, then the day of the week will also be displayed in the long date format of Windows.
| (Image-2) Day of the week above the Windows 11 taskbar!
3.) What should I watch out for with the day of the week in the Windows 11 taskbar?
Nothing needs to be taken into account here except that you have changed the short format for the date and that the taskbar has lost a few pixels in width, but this is bearable since the taskbar has far fewer functions / options than before!
The entry in the registry is in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
4.) More information about taskbar, date and Co.!
The day of the week in the taskbar is still a handy feature that can be considered useful. Enabling the day of the week is very important for some users, but here are more tips about date and taskbar in Windows 11 that may help you, or maybe learn/discover something new!
The date and time are usually displayed on the taskbar next to the system clock. If you click on it, you can open the calendar and view the date. The time is displayed in a 12 or 24 hour format, depending on your settings.
FAQ 162: Updated on: 29 September 2023 10:11
Applications, or APPs for short, are started automatically under Windows 11 if this option has been activated, but there are several options 1. Check
Mapping a network drive under Windows 11, 10, is easy, so that frequently used network paths under Windows 11 can be used like a drive in the file explorer
The classic MS Paint under Windows 11 can be used, but only version 5.0 MS Windows 11 brings MS Paint 6.0, 10.0, to a crash Not everyone is satisfied
It is quite easy to adjust which desktop icons should be displayed under Windows 11 and which should not 1. Customizing the Windows 11 desktop standard
Printer drivers are always an important point, also under Windows 11, it is also possible to use older printer drivers if it is the right one Content:
What to watch out for with Windows 11 and when logging in without an internet connection and when it works For offline installation and offline PCs without
It is easy to calibrate the touch screen under Windows 11, why not, if these have been correctly recognized by Windows, it is possible at any time 1.
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Help, the day of the week is missing in the Windows 11 taskbar!
- What am I doing wrong the day of the week in the Windows 11 taskbar is not displayed?
- When do days of the week appear immediately before the date in the taskbar clock in MS Windows Desktop and Server?
- How do I add the day of the week to the taskbar clock in Windows 11 or 10?
- Is it possible on Windows 11 and Windows 10 to display days of the week directly before the date?
- How to show day of week in Windows 11 taskbar clock without Settings app?
- Add the day of the week to the taskbar in Windows 11 or 10?
- Add weekday to taskbar looking for it in Control Panel?
- Show day of the week in the taskbar?
- Show short date at the beginning or display the whole day in the Windows taskbar clock? .
- want to show day of the week on taskbar clock, is there a way?
- How to change the taskbar clock format in Windows 11 or 10?
- Now the taskbar clock doesn't show the day of the week, need a tip to get around in Windows 11?
- By default Windows 11 does not add Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc. in the taskbar clock?
- Can I somehow get the day of the week in the Windows 11 taskbar?
- Need a great idea to get default short date formatting windows 11 taskbar?
- How to show or hide the clock and date on the taskbar in Windows 11?
- Looking for ways to show days of the week on the taskbar clock?
- How to show day of the week in Windows 11/10 taskbar clock?
- What do I do to show the days of the week by clicking on the clock in the taskbar?
- How do I please show the day of the week in the Windows 11 or 10 taskbar clock via the control panel?
- How to show day of the week in Windows 11 taskbar clock?
- Day of the week via HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International Windows 11?
- How do I show the day of the week in the taskbar?
- How to set the taskbar clock to show the day of the week via Windows 11 Registry Editor?
Keywords: windows, 11, help, show, week, day, missing, taskbar, panic, trick, appear, without, chronological, specialist, knowledge, Questions, Answers, Software