Free positioning of the desktop icons under Windows 11?
It is easy to enable the free positioning of the desktop icons on the Windows desktop under Windows 11!
You don't necessarily need a desktop icon positioning tool , Windows sometimes rearranges your desktop icons, for example when you restart Windows, or when you download a new application and a new desktop icon is added. This is because of a smart feature that is enabled by default.
1.) Deactivating the intelligent desktop icon align function!
1. Please press the Windows key combination [Win-Logo] + [D] to see the Windows desktop.
2. By right-clicking on a free space on the Windows "desktop" a selection menu appears,
3. In the selection menu simply click on "View"
4. Then deactivate Arrange symbols automatically
You can also: Align the desktop symbols with the grid or not. Or even hide the desktop icons completely .
See also: ► ... automatic hide and / or show the desktop icons / symbols.
| (Image-1) Free positioning of the desktop icons under Windows 11!
2.) Other possible causes and what should be considered!
This method described above should prevent Windows from rearranging your desktop icons for the most part at random. However, there are some special cases on Windows 11 in which your desktop icons need to be rearranged even if you have disabled the Settings - Auto - arrange icons. For example, if you change your screen resolution, your icons can sometimes be scattered.
Tools like Desktop-OK can help to create a backup of the desktop icons at regular time intervals!
FAQ 190: Updated on: 14 November 2021 16:51
The Windows Terminal APP is in the File Explorer menu, but you can also remove it quickly, but also reactivate the Terminal APP menu entry if necessary
In some installations the screen brightness control is missing in Windows 11, or there is no brightness option for the monitor in the MS Windows 11 settings
Even in Windows 11, fonts give a personal touch when writing with special font styles, so your own fonts are important Its easy to install or uninstall
Its easy to hide cursor while typing on MS Windows 11 or Win 10 PC Many people are bothered when their mouse pointer blocks the view of the text field,
The video quality when recording videos can be improved under MS Windows 11 and 10 OS The video frame rate is usually preset to 30 fps frames per second
Its easy to change the product key to switch from Windows 11 or 10 Home to Pro or for other reasons 1. Changing the product key under Windows 11
Its easy to scan for viruses and malware with Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 11, 10 or MS Server operating systems Everyone probably knows how
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- When I restart Windows 11 or start a new application after downloading or adding a desktop icon, what is causing the desktop icons not to stay in place?
- Can I lock the desktop icons on Windows 11, Windows likes to rearrange my desktop icons?
- Looking for a third party application that will lock the task with my desktop icons in place?
- Isn't there an integrated way in Windows 11 to prevent the desktop icons from changing sporadically when changing the screen resolution?
- Is there an option called Rearrange Icons as a feature in Windows 11 that will keep the icons from being rearranged over and over again, can I prevent or disable it?
- What can prevent Windows 11 from rearranging my desktop icons randomly or when I do change the screen resolution the icons get scattered?
Keywords: windows, 11, free, positioning, desktop, icons, easy, enable, necessarily, need, icon, symbols, Questions, Answers, Software