How to see all shared folders on Windows-10/11 Home and Pro?
Show all the shared folders, drive, ... on Windows 11, 10, ... etc, this example is also for all MS Windows Desktop and Server 2022, 2019, ... OS!
In this Windows 10 FAQ "Show All Shares" is a solution / simple explain how you can view all the shared directories (folders) that exist on your computer at once! However, anyone who is new to Microsoft's Windows OS or just starting to build a home network may not know what releases are and what shares can be used for.
1.) Show all shared folders on Windows 11, 10, ...!
If you want to see all shared folder on Windows 10, please use the command fsmgmt.msc via WINDOWS+R Run-Dialog
(: ... see Image-1 :)
| (Image-1) All shared folders on Windows!
If you have set up your own home network, you have many functions at your disposal and you can share the files saved on your PC with your home network group for other devices. To learn how to share files, folders, and drives on the home network, read this part: ► Command to open Advanced sharing settings in Windows 10?
Useful info (c) Microsoft:
You can use in Windows 10 the Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to centrally manage file shares on a computer. Shared Folders enables you to create file shares and set permissions, as well as view and manage open files and users connected to file shares on the Windows 10 computer.
You can share folders and files with others on your network or you can share your entire hard disk on Windows 10. For more control, you can specify the number of users you allow to simultaneously connect to the shared folder for your Win 10 PC.
The maximum number of users allowed to connect to a shared folder is limited by software licensing terms.
You can disconnect users from a shared folder by using the Shared Folders MMC snap-in or by using the command prompt. You cannot disconnect users through Windows 10 Explorer.
Share permissions apply to users who connect to a shared folder over the network. Share permissions do not affect users who log on locally, or log on using Remote Desktop.
View all shared folders on example is usable on: Windows 11, 10 Pro, Enterprise, Home, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, Windows 7 Basic, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
2.) Prevent automatically adding shared folders to the Windows 11, 10, ... Search index!
For this action you need Admin Privileges on Windows
Please Run the command gpedit.msc and open the Sub Folder:
Computer Configuration ► Administrative Template ► Windows Components ►Search
Select in List View Prevent automatically adding shared folders to the Windows Search index do Right Click
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 4)
| (Image-2) Shared folders Windows-10 Search Index!
Over time, you lose track: which of your own folders are actually given free? Windows has just the right tool for this purpose, which clearly shows you all important information about releases.
Info about this policy:
If you enable this policy setting, Windows 10 Search is prevented from automatically adding shared folders to the index. Windows Search does not automatically add shares created on the computer to the scope of the index.
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, Windows 10 Search monitors which folders are shared or not shared on this computer, and automatically adds them to or removes them from the index.
FAQ 173: Updated on: 18 September 2021 19:30
The solution is simple to turn off touchscreen on Windows 10 and 8.1, how to disable? Please Run the command devmgmt.msc or open the Device-Manager
It is simple to create a Volume Mixer Desktop Shortcut in Windows-10, the example is also for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 suitable You can easily start
You don´t need hacker knowledge to change the password of a user on Windows 10, without knowing the current password. Content: 1. Change the Windows
The solution to Handwriting personalization on a Windows-10 Tablet PC Input Panel and in programs for the Tablet PC Automatic learning
It is easy to teach your handwriting style on Windows 11, 10, etc. this simple and short example is also for other MS Windows Desktop and Server OS
The solution to run the Advanced System Properties in Windows 11, 10, etc., this example is also for other MS Windows Desktop and Server OS 1.
The solution is simple via console command to see the WLAN info on Windows 10/11, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and seven The cmd and NETSH command
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- In order to have access to your own data with other people so that other fanile members can easily connect to the printer or folder, however, the sharing of folders in the network is no longer visible to me and I want to find out which share exists?
- Wondering if the display of the existing network shares on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ...?
- How to share a directory for a program under Windows 10 Explorer?
- Do you want to view shares for shared use in order to better recognize the data in a network and what is released?
- Find the shared folders on Windows-10/11?
- Overview of shared folders on Windows-10/11?
- I urgently need a very nice overview of all my shared folders, there is a Windows key and to recognize or edit that I do not know the shared folders there is a corresponding share overview?
- Share folders and view accesses to them on Windows 10?
- The network shares are very useful, but am I losing track?
- Search the extended shares on Windows, so a nice overview?
- On the computer I can not find all the releases that I have created on the operating system. Are there certain functions to list releases that I have already created?
- Show shared folders windows 10?
- In my Windows 10 I wonder if I can display all shares need a simple explanation how I can display all shared directories or folders that are on my computer in one go?
- So that I can easily share files and music plus videos in Windows, I have released shares in the operating system. I have it on different hard disks and partitions, can I view all these shares and then simply list them?
- I start building a home network and wonder if there might be freeware to list the shared folders and what is sharing?
- Why can't I see all the shares that can be used?
- Make all releases visible in the home network?
- Under Shares I have many directories / folders, can I get an overview of what has been available in the network on Windows 10 and MS Server?
- See shared folder password?
- I have self-made shares for individual folders, but there are many with which I work on the share in the network. Can I make them all visible at once?
- Where ar shared folders on Windows-10?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, 8.1, seven, view, shared, folders, manage, change, overview, find, home, pro, Questions, Answers, Software