Disable files, folders, apps, recently used in the Windows 11 Start!
How do I hide recently used files, folders, apps, ... in the start menu of MS Windows 11 OS!
Private matters are very important to some Windows users, which is understandable, so you want to avoid unnecessary traces under MS Windows 11!
1.) Recently opened items in Start off / on!
2. For example in the start menu on the gear symbol
(or you can press Windows + i on your keyboard)
3. In the start settings, set the switch
"Show recently opened items in start, jump lists and file explorer" to "Off" .
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 7)
See also: ► The rounded window corners are not displayed in Windows 11!
| (Image-1) Files, folders, apps, recently used in the Windows 11 start menu!
In Windows 11, when you click the Start menu, it defaults to the Recommended section, which contains a list of files and folders you've recently opened. How to turn that off.
2.) More personal tips and ... on Windows 11!
Personal data is not only important on laptops, notebooks, ..., but on all Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, so it is all the more important to keep an eye on it. Here you will find further links and tips on the subject of private life that can help you!
FAQ 25: Updated on: 26 August 2023 06:34
Every now and then you want to know which version of MS Windows 11 you have installed, this is as always no problem 1. Finding out the Windows 11 version
The driver installation setting is also in the device installation settings under MS Windows 11 1. The device installation settings in the Windows
You dont need to upgrade to MS Windows 11, Microsoft will continue to support Windows 10 until October 14, 2025. The automatic update and support will continue
No Windows 11 and Windows 10 require roughly the same space on the hard drive However, if you do not reinstall Windows 11, additional storage space will
For all versions, Microsoft provides an ISO file that you can use to update or install offline. Contents: 1. Internet connection with Windows 11 installation?
You can indirectly upgrade the Windows 7, 8.1, to Windows 11 for free, but a direct one is not possible You can still use the Windows 7 or 8.1 product key
In order to start the applications, programs, as an administrator, you do not need an extra administrator run dialog on Windows 11 There are practical
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows 11 recent files and folders are in the start menu don't want them?
- When I open the start menu, I no longer see recent files under Recommended Windows 11?
- Settings Start Menu Sidebar Options Start Turn off recently opened items in Start?
- Start menu missing recently opened files under Recommended in Windows 11?
- Where can I hide recommended files in Windows 11 start menu?
- In the Windows 11 start menu I see Recommended with a list of files and folders where do I turn this off?
- I don't need jump lists for File Explorer, can I change these startup settings for Recent Items in Start?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, rescent, files, folders, used, start, menu, hide, recently, first, open, settings, example, Questions, Answers, Software