How to open and change default programs settings in Windows 8 / 10 for fileextensions, -formats, -types?
To set default programs in Windows 8 / 10and 8.1 for fileextensions, -formats, -types, please open the "Default Programs" settings
To open "Default Programs" settings, please use the key combination [Windows Logo] + [R] , then just type the command
control.exe /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms [... see Image 1 Arrow-1].
Likewise, you can open the Windows-8 Default Programs Settings
via the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs You can customize the associate rules:
* Based on the programs and app-s, see: ... How to define in Windows 8 a program to open multiple file types?
[Image 1 Arrow-2].
* Based on the file type, see: ... How to set in Windows 8 associations for file type: open with multiple programs or apps?
Image 1 Arrow-3].
(Image-1) Choose the programs Windows-8 uses by default.
A default program is the program, that Windows uses automatically, when you open a particular type of file, such as a photo, movie, song, photo, or webpage. For example, you might have more than one photo-editing program installed on your PC. You can choose one of them, to be the default program, that starts, whenever you open a photo.
FAQ 72: Updated on: June 24th 2015 14:16
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Jpg program preferences windows 8?
- How to change default settings in windows 8?
- Change open with settings windows 8?
- Change default settings for windows 8?
- How to change file download preference default?
- How to change all program setings to english in windows 8 through command prompt?
- File openning preferences?
- Changing default program setting in windows 8?
- How to change open with settings windows 8?
- Default Settings for Windows 8?
- Default windows 8 default file settings and where to find program settings in windows 8.1 and 10?
- How to Change program preferences window 8.1 settings?
- What type of fileExts should br set as default for a pc?
- Change default program settings windows?
- How to get into program settings in windows 8?
- Opening document and settings in windows 8?
- How to turn on program settings?
- Set program preferences in windows 8.1?
- Change defAULT SETTINGS WINDOWS 8?
- Change Open with Windows 8?
- Unable to change the folder preference windows 8?
- How to change windows 8 default file explore settings?
- Windows 8.1 change download file open windows settings?
- How to change default settings on windows 8 and 10?
- How to change preference for opening file type in windwos?
- How to chnage to default setting in windows 8?
- Windows 8 change open with?
- How to change default downloads settings to open?
- Windows 8 Default Program Settings?
- How to change default settings on windows 8?
- How to change defalt setings on windows 8?
- How to change paint as being the default setting on windows 8?
- Reset IE on server 2012 and cant open program?
- How to change default mpeg settings for windows 8?
- How to turn off paint as the default program?
- Windows 8 preferences openiong files?
- How to change the VS default setting?
- Open changing image software?
- How to change settings in windows 8 / 10 for opening files?
- How to change the open preferences on windows?
- How to change preference of opening application?
- Change default settings in windows 8 / 10?
- Program settings in windows 8.1 and 10?
- Change default file settings windows 10?
- How to change default download settings?
- How to reset open with.. windows 10?
- How to open settings on windows 8?
- What programs are in settings?
- Change fileextensions program?
- Windows 8 open file vs preview default?
Keywords: windows, eigt, 8.1, ten, 10, open, change, default, programs, settings, fileextensions, -formats, -types, Questions, Answers, Software