How to change the Windows 8 / 8.1 indexing options (advanced searching)?
To change the Windows-8 and/or Win 8.1 indexing options, please open Indexing Options Window.
Press the key combination [Windows Logo] + [R], then just type the command control.exe srchadmin.dll [... see Image 1 Arrow-1]
Click Modify [... see Image 1 Arrow-2] and please check the mark in the checkbox of the folders that you want [... see Image 1 Arrow-4]
(Image-1) Windows-8 Indexing Options and Indexed Locations.
- Windows 8 and 8.1 indexes the most commonly searched locations on your PC to make your searches faster!
FAQ 78: Updated on: October 10th 2013 15:54
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to install indexing options windows 8?
- How to customize indexing options windows 8?
- Windows 8 indexing options missing?
- How to customize windows 8 search options?
- Win8 search options?
- Kill indexing options in Windows 8.1 and Win 8?
- Windows 8.1 change idexing locations?
- Default index locations in windows 8/8.1?
- Disable indexing of path in Windows 8.1, 7, 8 ?
- Indexing option in windows 8?
- Indexing options will not open windows 8?
- Indexing options windows 8?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, change, indexing, options, advanced, searching