External hard disk standby disable Windows 10/11 (USB, eSATA)?
If the external hard drive is always shut down very quickly, it will always take a little eternity for the disc to respond.
Many users ask about external hard drives ... and the freeware DontSleep
Please press the key combination [Win Logo] + [R] , then simply enter the command
control.exe /name Microsoft.PowerOptions!
or open Windows 10 or 11 Control Panel
, in the search box type text power plan
and click Edit power plan
| (Image-1) Power plan change HDD SSD standby!
Now change in current power plan settings the advanced power settings (... see Image-2
| (Image-2) Windows-10 Change advanced power plan settings!
Disable hard disks and USB (... see Image-3
| (Image-3) Disable hard disk and usb standby in Windows-10!
Updated on: 6 July 2021 12:17
Keywords: windows, 10, system, external, hard, disk, standby, disable, esata, drive, always, shut, down, usb, usb3
Similar information on the page
If Disk Check is started again and again when Windows 10 / 11 starts, and the screen stays black. This is a bigger problem, some Windows users also report
Exclude drives, files, and folders from Windows Defender antivirus scans This is not about the Windows Defender Antivirus operating improperly, but being
The function, Hyper-V which is responsible for the virtualization under Windows 11 / 10 and Server 2022, 2019, 2016, easy enable or disable For example
Starting Windows-10 takes 12 seconds on my test system: Intel i3-4160 240 GB SSD hard drive. And shutdown 10 seconds. It has to be said that this is a very
Under Windows 11 and 10, you can indirectly change the font size in programs and this affects all programs Content / Solutions: 1. General DPI font
Scan for all Corrupted windows system files and repair incorrect replace with correct MS versions not only for Windows 11 and 10, also for all other Win
Creating a system repair disk for Windows 11 or 10 is easy System recovery options can help you repair your Windows 10 if a fatal error occurs. If the
Where is the control panel in Windows 10? And how do I find the control panel in Windows 11 and 10? There are many methods available to open the Control
The solution for: Delete temporary files and others automatically under Windows 11 and 10 Windows 10 has built-in features to free up space by deleting
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- How to change the selectively sleep hard drives in Windows 10?
- Prevent external hdd to sleep?
- Stopping the external HDD from turning off'?
- Windows 10 external HD sleep?
- Where are the power settings for the hard drives, can you change that quickly?
- Where can I set the energy in the search field on the start menu so that the energy options or the energy saving plan settings do not switch off the hard disk after a while?
- Win10 USB power plan selectively suspend condition?
- How to put external hard disk into sleep mode?
- Change the working mode of USB 3 external Hard Drives on Windows 10?
- Where is the turn off switch for SSD hard drive sleep on Windows 10?
- The exter (HD) hard drives enter in power saving sleep mode, how to keep external USB from going to sleeping?
- Hard disk standby?
- Usb harddisk sleep?
- Hellp, Windows 10 putting the external hard drives to sleep, can i Disabling the suspend setting for example in the Power Options of Windows 10 can not found?
- Spin down usb drives windows 10 program?
- Spin down usb drives windows 10?
- How to turn off on Windows 10 the hard drive sleep or can i prevent that hard drive switch to sleep mode?
- Sometimes HD makes on a external hard drive usb port , sleep can i repair this?
- How can I disable its Standby, my sata-disks spin down after a while?
- Help, with some USB hard drives, the non-sleeping setting has no effect because some models have their own energy management?
- The energy settings for the hard drives are changed quickly, 240 minutes have proven to be a practical value for hard drives that are used frequently.?
- When data is released, data is lost because external hard drives run out, can you avoid these problems?
- External drive sleep windows 10?
- I have a dell laptop. In my advanced settings \ sleep, I only have sleep after and hibernate after. When I connect a smartphone or an extern disk through usb-a/s, my pc sleeps the extern devices after 1mn. How to access to this setting ? Thank you for your help.
- Hard drive in system standby?
- Again and again error messages or waiting times for hard drives, what should you adjust in the hard drive settings?
- Disable hard drive sleeo mode?
- At between 1 minute and 5 the external hard drives go out and then the hard drive remains inactive as long as I need it in Explorer, how can you switch this off so that the hard drive does not behave when it is inactive?
- Problems with shares on hard disks that shut down?
- Windows 10 keep putting hdds to sleep?
- Sometime my external Win 10 hard drives, can i prevent this Power Saving sleep feature?
- Windows 10 software to turn off external drive power savings?
- How can I force an internal hard drive, to stop Windows 10 or disable sleep mode on a HD?
- How to set stand by hdd external?
- Win10 harddisk standby disable?
- Disable usb disk spin down windows 10?
- I have a network of Windows 10 computers and by sharing I have files and it is annoying for Windows to switch off the hard drives with energy saving measures that are too effective, for hard drives with shares this is an inconvenience and access to such shares is delayed or it works only with error messages or the disk takes too long to be available?
- Hard disk runs out is annoying, can I do something when editing MS Office documents, for example?
- Windows hdd sleep mode?
- Disable power saving options for hard drives?
- Can i Prevent External W!0 Hard Drives From entering in Sleep Mode, how to?
- Windows 10 prevent extrnal HDD from stopping?
- How to stop a usb drive to enter sleep mode?