Windows program always starts as administrator? (Admin mode)
The solution to not always start Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ... programs as administrator, or to run them in admin mode with example!
Caution! There are also programs such as Windows regedit.exe that must be started in administrative mode!
1.) Deactivate Start as administrator under all Windows operating systems!
Please click with the right mouse button on the corresponding program, which is always started in administrative mode. The context menu appears
by right-clicking with the mouse, here simply select the menu option Properties.
Then the window with the properties of the Windows program in question appears!
Here just click on Compatibility and deactivate the check box
" Run the program as administrator"
After that, the Windows application or program will no longer be started in administrative mode!
| (Image-1) Windows program always starts as administrator?
2.) What should be considered when always starting (activating) as administrator!
When a program starts in administrative mode, it requires increased access rights, for example to make system changes and settings, for driver installation, or for software installation.
This admin account can be a local account with full access to the computer and can make the changes you want.
3.) Why do some programs always start in administrator mode?
If a program always starts in administrative mode, it cannot be turned off .
This program needs the increased access rights because it is about, for example, system changes and changing settings. This is, for example, the task manager, registry editor, user account management, etc.
Without the required increased access rights, these programs cannot do their job. This means that they cannot be started in any other way than in administrative mode with increased access rights.
4.) Error or bug, only one program can be started?
Applications that are started in administrative mode sometimes only allow one application per session; this query is also made in the program itself, if an application or program of the same name is already running, the program itself prevents a new program window from being started.
The reason is that the changes do not overlap, which is sometimes important when there are system changes.
However, some programs have the option to be started multiple times.
The FAQ or the brief explanation here is suitable for Windows 11, 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, i.e.
almost all Windows operating systems. Even under Linux, MAC and Android there are options to edit the system with increased access rights or to make changes.
FAQ 85: Updated on: 8 August 2021 18:45
Starting with Windows 7, the standby mode is quite aggressive, you can change the power options so that the PC does not shut down all the time, or use programs
The printhead cleaning program provided by the manufacturer can be started within the printer software, and in some cases the automatic printhead cleaning
Help, no support for Windows 7, 8.1 for new processors, but MS only limits it to get users to switch to Windows 10 or 11 You can bypass zeffi / wufuc by
Everyone has asked the question, standby, or sleep mode under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or what is the difference between standby and hibernation ? Windows Standby
Frequently asked question about what the temporary folder is used for under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7, temporary files are created and removed during operation
With a wireless mouse, there are often situations where batteries will fail and you will lose control of the cursor. In this case it becomes necessary to
The purpose of defragmenting under Windows 11, 10, etc., defragmentation is needed to combine all fragments of a file into a continuous sequence. Alert: ►
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Run Windows 11 program as admin?
- Program always wants to start with password?
- Program is administered by admin?
- I don't want programs to be run as an administrator only?
- Cmd always as active?
- Windows 11 run programs as administrator?
- Why not always admin mode?
- Win7 programs can only be executed as an administrator?
- Administrator rights for individual programs Win 11, 8.1 and 10?
- Run program as administrator cannot be deleted?
- Start as a user program Windows 11, 10, 8.1 but everything?
- Set up Windows 11 user with admin rights?
- Run guest account program?
- Execute GPO locked exe anyway, under all operating systems?
- Help Windows 11, 10, 8.1 file always opens as administrator, what am I doing wrong?
- Does a certain exe always want to run as administrator under Windows, is there a general switch for Windows 10 and 11 as well as 8.1?
- Windows 10 always starts in the administrator account?
- Always open programs from the system tray as admin?
- Windows shortcut desktop permanently under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7 and Server 2022, 2019?
- Always run the Windows program as an admin the best solution for beginners?
- Windows application open as a second window?
- Windows 10 and 11 always starts as administrator?
- Wonder if you can always start the program with local admin in all Windows operating systems?
- Open as administrator does not appear in WINDOWS 11?
- Windows 10 / 11 program only administrator?
- Windows program not run as administrator?
- Always run Windows11 programs as administrator rights?
- Have been wondering for a long time whether a program always has to start with admin rights?
- Switch back from administrator mode?
- Windows 11 exe always run as administrator?
- Run Windows 11 as administrator?
- Can only one program be started?
- Run program as admin without password win 11?
- Always start the program in admin mode under all Windows operating systems from Windows but how?
- Start the program as administrator windows 11?
Keywords: system, general, windows, 11, 10, program, always, starts, administrator, admin, mode, solution, start, programs, examples, Questions, Answers, Software