Change computer name and working group in Windows 11/10!
Change the computer name under Windows 10 or 11 and also the workgroup if needed, here is the solution how to!
1.) Easy change computer name and workgroup!
Please start the advanced system settings in Windows 10 / 11. The quickest way is via Run in Windows, open this keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + R.
In Windows Run just type the command sysdm.cpl!
In the Advanced System Properties simply click on the Change button and change the computer name if necessary, you can change your Windows 10 or 11 Working Group. (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 to 6)
When you set up (install) Windows 10/11, Windows 10 and Windows 11 automatically creates a workgroup and gives it a name. You can join an existing workgroup or domain on a network or create a new workgroup.
See also: show Program Name in Windows 10 Task-Bar || Windows 10/11 create / enable guest account
| (Image-1) Computer name and working group on Windows 10!
2.) Worth Knowing About Windows 10 / 11 Computer Names in a Network!
The Windows 10 computer on a network should have unique PC names so that computers can recognize each other on the network, To communicate with each other Computer.
To avoid problems with older Windows operating systems, it is recommended to use only standard character characters (0-9, AZ and hyphens). (Living Room PC1, Office PC1). Computer names should not just be numbers.
See also: ► Activate in Windows-10/11 the IIS web server!
| (Image-2) The computer name on Windows 10!
Workgroups Info (c) Microsoft
Windows 10 and 11 Workgroups provide a basis for file and printer sharing, but do not actually set up sharing for you. In contrast, in Windows 10 or 11 you can create or join a homegroup, which automatically turns on file and printer sharing on home networks. If you have a home network, creating or joining a homegroup.
If your Windows 10 / 11 PC was a member of a domain before you joined the workgroup, it will be removed from the domain and your win 10 computer account on that domain will be disabled. If your network includes computers running Windows XP, you might need to change the workgroup name on those computers to match the workgroup name on the computers running on Windows 10 / 11 or Windows Vista so that you can see and connect to all computers on your network.
3.) Change the computer name on Microsoft Surface Pro / Tablet Mode!
Because with the virtual keyboard with keyboard shortcuts harder on Microsoft Surface and other Windows 10 Tablet PC in tablet mode when working without a real keyboard.
1. Open the settings via the "Windows logo button" and type "pc name" !
2. Tap on "View your PC name"
3. In Right panel scroll to point About and just "Rename this PC"
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 4
| (Image-3) The computer name on Surface and Windows 10!
4.) What should I consider when assigning computer names?
Duplicate computer names cause to problems in the network especially when assigning the IP address, for example on the Router, this can lead to conflicts!
It is also absolutely safe to change the computer name after installation and even with pre-installed programs, here is the query usually at the start of each program.
The name of the computer with the name Windows-10 is not so good, better is Win10-PC1, Win10-PC2, Win10-PC3!
It is possible in Windows 10 without much effort to change the host name or rather the computer name on the Windows 10 operating system via advanced system settings in Windows 10.
5.) Classic information about computer names in a network!
Computers on a network must have unique names so that they can identify and communicate with each other. Computer names should preferably be short (15 characters or less) and easily recognizable.
It is recommended that only Internet Standard characters be used in the computer name. Standard characters are the digits 0 through 9, uppercase and lowercase letters A through Z, and the hyphen (-). Computer names cannot consist of only digits and cannot contain spaces. Also, the name cannot contain special characters such as the following: < > ; : " * + = \ | ? ,
FAQ 17: Updated on: 11 April 2022 04:23
Yes, there is also a full system administrator under Windows 10, but this admin account is also deactivated under Windows 11 and 10 and can be activated
The new Calculator in Windows 11 / 10 is purely out of habit, not everyones thing, but you can find and use the classic calculator 1. Install Calculator
Its really very easy to create a Calculator shortcut on the Windows 10/11 desktop, in quick start bar 1. Create the desktop shortcut for the calculator
If work with Microsoft live id on windows 10, it is very easy to switch from Microsoft account to Local Account, many windows user want switch 1. In
With control userpasswords2 solution, it is very simple to auto login in windows 10 without entering the password default login user for Windows-10
The solution is simple to show the recycle bin icon on the windows 10 Desktop, for example if you have accidentally deleted trash symbol recycle-icon
The size of the mouse pointer is adjustable in Windows 10/11, the solution is simple to change mouse pointer and default cursor size on Windows 10 1.
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to find homegroup name in Windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 home computer workgroup?
- Connect to same workgroup windows 10 and 11 to share on printer network?
- How to join windows 10 and 11 computer to domain?
- Search procedure that leads to changing the workgroup in Windows 10 and 11, simply without changing the command prompt in Windows in the Control Panel, so I'm looking for settings for computer name, domain and workgroup?
- Change hostname windows 10 and 11, where are the settings, how to find?
- Default Workgroup Name Windows 10 and 11?
- Where do i go to access in Windows 10 and 11 to default workgroup?
- Create Workgroup Windows 10 and 11?
- How to find homegroup name on windows 10 and 11?
- Have a network with many computers want notebooks and PCs to have names, what name my computer has, where PC can find out computer name?
- Change domain name windows 10 and 11,and join workgroup on Win 10 and 11 ?
- How to set workgroup share drive on windows 10 and 11?
- How do i find out the name of my home group in windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 work group?
- How to set up workgroup on windows 10 and 11 home version?
- How do i find my computer name in windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 join windows xp workgroup and Change Domain Name Windows 10 and 11?
- What is the computer name, want to display and change computer names, are there alternative ways to change the computer name?
- Help can not find in Windows 10 and 11 to change Homegroup Name?
- Windows 10 and 11 upgrade with oem domain joined computers?
- How to change windows 10 and 11 network group?
- Windows 10 and 11 not seeing xp computers on the same workgroup?
- Windows 10 and 11 Pro change workgroup name?
- Windows 10 and 11 wie funktioniert Workgroup now?
- Workgroup Windows 10 and 11 and find computer name?
- Change network group on windows 10 and 11?
- How to setup workgroup on windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 name computer on domain?
- How to change computer name and workgroup in windows 10 and 11?
- Win 10 and 11 workgroup name?
- Where are the settings in Windows 10 and 11 of name computer on domain?
- Workgroup name?
- Change hostname windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 change homegroup name?
- Can I customize, change, change the computer name or workgroup and domain, renaming the workgroup that the computer has new names on Windows 10 and 11?
- Join workgroup windows 10 and 11?
- How do i find the workgroup password windows 10 and 11?
- Computers in workgroup does not show up windows 10 and 11, Wher can i find?
- Windows 10 and 11 change workgroup?
- How to change from workgroup to home group in windows 10 and 11?
- How to define a workgroup in Windows 10 and 11?
- Where here are settings to change homegroup name windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 unable to connect to workgroup, homegrou rename?
- What is the default workgroup in windows 10 and 11?
- Change workgroup to domain windows-10 and 11, Where can I find it to Join workgroup in windows 10 and 11?
- Search references to change the Windows 10 and 11 workgroup?
- Help to rename network in Home Group in windows 10 and 11?
- Where do i go to change my computer name in windows 10 and 11?
- Where do is et my computer as a workgroup?
- Windows-10 and 11 workgroup?
- Workgroup in windows 10 and 11?
- Change workgroup name windows 10 and 11, viewing workgroup pc?
- Windows 10 and 11 join a workgroup?
- How to change homegroup name in windows 10 and 11?
- Does every computer have a computer name, where is the name from laptops, is it absolutely necessary to change a computer name?
- Windows-10 and 11 computer name from install?
- Workgroup Windows 10 and 11?
- Are there workgroups in Windows 10 and 11?
- Workgroup windows 10 and 11 how to set Workgroup name?
- Where can i find Homegroup name in windows 10 and 11?
- How setup workgroup on windows 10 and 11, help can not find it?
- How to find home group name in Windows 10 and 11 and How to create workgroup in windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 change computer name and workgroup?
- Windows 10 and 11 computer network name?
- How to change the domain on computer windows 10 and 11?
Keywords: windows, ten, 11, 10, computer, name, working, group, domain, possible, change, rename, Questions, Answers, Software