How to enable/disable folders size ToolTips in Windows-7/10/8.1 Explorer?
Here is the solution to enable or disable the folders size Tool-Tips in Windows-7 or Window 8.1!
Folder Size It is really easy to enable the folder size column in the Quad Explorer
, there are also in Windows 7 hidden Microsoft Windows feature to see this important information, as well as server systems, this feature is often used by Windows administrators, but also finds newer home Devices, such as MS Surface Pro and GO more and more followers.
1.) To enable or disable folders size ToolTips in Windows!
(Image-1) Folder Options
To enable or disable folders size ToolTips in Windows-7 Explorer please start the Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E] and then press [Alt]-Key!
menu Windows 7
In the main menu please select
"Tools" and the menu entry "Folder options..." (Screenshot-1)!
In the "Folder options" Dialog click on the "View" tab (Screenshot-2).
And now disable or enable the option
"Display file size information in folder tips" (Screenshot-2)!
See also: ... folders size in a column
But this feature shows not always the correct folders size information at big folders! (See the Screenshot-3)
(Screenshot-2) Windows Seven folder size in tool tips
(Screenshot-3) with and without
folder size tool-tip
In the "Folder options" Dialog, you can also change the follow settings:
[+] Files and Folders
[ ] Always show icons, never thumbnails
[ ] Always show menus
[ ] Display file icon on thumbnails
[ ] Display file size information in folder tips
[ ] Display the full path in the title bar (Classic theme only)
[+] Hidden files and folders
[ ] Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives
[ ] Show hidden files, folders, and drives
[ ] Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
[ ] Hide extensions for known file types
[ ] Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
[ ] Launch folder windows in a separate process
[ ] Restore previous folder windows at logon
[ ] Show drive letters
[ ] Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color
[ ] Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
[ ] Show preview handlers in preview pane
[ ] Use check boxes to select items
[ ] Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)
[+] When typing into list view
[ ] Automatically type into the Search Box
[ ] Select the typed item in the view
2.) Folder Size in Column of the File-Explorer View!
The folder size will be ignored for sorting. Because of performance problems eg when navigating. i will enable this in next version!
From Vista, there are no extensions for the MS Explorer. On this occasion, I have it now in Q-Dir programmed and integrated. To keep the space: I have used the column "size" for show the folder-size information. And the column "type" for folders and file number for each folder, including subfolders.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 and 2)
| (Image-2) enable / disable folders size in Column in Quad-Explorer!
FAQ 27: Updated on: 18 July 2019 00:40
To Enable or Disable Remote Assistance connections to Windows-7 Coputer please open the "System Properties" Image-1 Open System Windows 7 1. Please open
This is not possible in new Windows-7 Explorer But Some external file manager, like the famous Quad-Explorer Q-Dir has this feature
Microsoft has the "Internet Explorer 8.0" installed on Windows 7. I have tested the: Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera . Image 1: browser on Windows-7
It is easy to activate the Preview feature in Windows 7 Explorer To enable or disable the Preview feature in Windows 7 Explorer please start the Explorer
Image-1 Start the Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7 To start the Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7 please start the MS-Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E]. Please
O Yes Windows 7 supports the CoolnQuiet power-saving features. But you dont need the CoolnQuiet Driver on Windows 7 for AMD CPUs. In my test reduces
This is not possible in Windows-7, XP explorer dont work on Win-7. But you can use the alternative file manager, like the Quad-Explorer Q-Dir was feeling
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to enable folder size in windows 7?
- Showing size of folders in a list windows 7?
- How to hide folder size?
- Folder size disable?
- How to view size of folder in windows 7?
- Windows folder size tools?
- Win 7 disable explorer tooltip?
- Folder size windows enable?
- Windows 7 show folder size?
- Windows 7 determine folder size windows explorer?
- Folder Size Tool Windows 7?
- How to see folder size on windows 7?
- Folder size in windows explorer?
- Folder size display windows 7?
- How to enable never show (display) directory size in win 7?
- Win 7 where are folder tips?
- Windows explorer enable file size?
- Windows 7 folder size column?
- Changing size of folders in windows 7?
- Change Home Directory size on Windows 7?
- Windows 7 show directory size?
- Plugin folder size window 7?
- Windows 7 enable disable directory size?
- Windows explorer folder size plug in?
- What are folder tips?
- How to see folder size in windows 7?
- Windows 7 dir size?
- Windows 7 folder size ajust box remove?
- Windows Explorer Folder Size?
- Folder size windows 7?
- Windows 7 explorer always show size?
- Windows7 disable tooltip?
- Windows 7 accessory that shows folder file size?
- How to desable folder option in win7?
- How to check the size of a folder in windows 7?
- Enable Windows 7 Tooltips?
- How to hide folder size in win 7?
- Disable tooltips windows 7?
- Folder tips?
- How to show size of folders windows 7?
- How to hide folder size information?
- Windows explorer show empty folders?
- How to view size of folders in windows 7?
- Windows 7 folder size tool?
- How to show tool tip of folder size in windows 8?
- Tooltip folder for pc?
- Size of folders window 7?
- Enable drive size explorer?
- How to enable folder size server 2012?
- I dont like the folders size ToolTips in Win-7 Explorer, how to Disable this feature?
- View folder size in explorer?
- How to increase folder size in windows 7?
- How to display big folders size in windows?
- How to enable folder size windows 7?
- Server 2012 folder size column blank?
Keywords: windows, seven, enable, disable, folders, size, tooltips, win7, explorer, Questions, Answers, Software