How to enable/disable folders size ToolTips in Windows-7 Explorer?
Here is the solution to enable or disable the folders size Tool-Tips in Windows-7 or Window 8.1!
(Image-1) Folder Options
To enable or disable folders size ToolTips in Windows-7 Explorer please start the Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E] and then press [Alt]-Key!
menu Windows 7
In the main menu please select
"Tools" and the menu entry "Folder options..." (Screenshot-1)!
In the "Folder options" Dialog click on the "View" tab (Screenshot-2).
And now disable or enable the option
"Display file size information in folder tips" (Screenshot-2)!
See also: ... folders size in a column
But this feature shows not always the correct folders size information at big folders! (See the Screenshot-3)
(Screenshot-2) Windows Seven folder size in tool tips
(Screenshot-3) with and without
folder size tool-tip
In the "Folder options" Dialog, you can also change the follow settings:
[+] Files and Folders
[ ] Always show icons, never thumbnails
[ ] Always show menus
[ ] Display file icon on thumbnails
[ ] Display file size information in folder tips
[ ] Display the full path in the title bar (Classic theme only)
[+] Hidden files and folders
[ ] Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives
[ ] Show hidden files, folders, and drives
[ ] Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
[ ] Hide extensions for known file types
[ ] Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
[ ] Launch folder windows in a separate process
[ ] Restore previous folder windows at logon
[ ] Show drive letters
[ ] Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color
[ ] Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
[ ] Show preview handlers in preview pane
[ ] Use check boxes to select items
[ ] Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)
[+] When typing into list view
[ ] Automatically type into the Search Box
[ ] Select the typed item in the view
FAQ 27: Updated on: April 6th 2015 19:51
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows 7 folder size column?
- Change Home Directory size on Windows 7?
- Windows 7 dir size?
- Folder Size Tool Windows 7?
- Windows 7 folder size tool?
- How to desable folder option in win7?
- Disable tooltips windows 7?
- Windows explorer enable file size?
- Enable Windows 7 Tooltips?
- Folder size disable?
- How to check the size of a folder in windows 7?
- Windows7 disable tooltip?
- How to enable folder size in windows 7?
- How to hide folder size information?
- Folder size in windows explorer?
- How to enable folder size windows 7?
- How to see folder size in windows 7?
- What are folder tips?
- Windows 7 accessory that shows folder file size?
- Showing size of folders in a list windows 7?
- How to hide folder size?
- Folder size windows enable?
- Windows 7 determine folder size windows explorer?
- Server 2012 folder size column blank?
- How to enable folder size server 2012?
- Size of folders window 7?
- How to hide folder size in win 7?
- How to see folder size on windows 7?
- Windows 7 explorer always show size?
- Plugin folder size window 7?
- Folder tips?
- Folder size display windows 7?
- How to view size of folder in windows 7?
- How to increase folder size in windows 7?
- How to display big folders size in windows?
- Tooltip folder for pc?
- Changing size of folders in windows 7?
- View folder size in explorer?
- How to view size of folders in windows 7?
- Enable drive size explorer?
- How to show size of folders windows 7?
- Win 7 disable explorer tooltip?
- Windows 7 show folder size?
- How to show tool tip of folder size in windows 8?
- Windows 7 folder size ajust box remove?
- Windows 7 show directory size?
- Folder size windows 7?
- Windows 7 enable disable directory size?
- How to enable never show (display) directory size in win 7?
- I dont like the folders size ToolTips in Win-7 Explorer, how to Disable this feature?
- Windows folder size tools?
- Windows explorer folder size plug in?
- Win 7 where are folder tips?
- Windows explorer show empty folders?
- Windows Explorer Folder Size?
Keywords: windows, seven, enable, disable, folders, size, tooltips, win7, explorer, Questions, Answers, Software