Restore File-Explorer Font Size in Windows 10, 8.1, 7 to default!
The solution is simple to Restore Windows 10, 8.1 or 7 List-View Font Size in Windows to default!
This is a bug on 1 of a thousand computers please use the >Registry Script<
1. Please Start the free tool DesktopOK
2. Click Tools
Menu and Windows-Metric
(... see Image-1 Point 1 and 2
3. Click Button Default
and the option Reset Font: Icons
(... see Image-2 Point 1
Or use the >Registry Script< . .. /Download/WindowMetrics_Windows10.zip
Easy switch in Windows to another Windows Theme and the back to old Theme, this will also reset the System defaults.
Please use ... always the latest version of DesktopOK!
| (Image-1) Restore Windows List-View Font Size in Windows!
| (Image-2) In Windows-Metric Default Reset Font: Icons
The Windows Metric in DesktopOK is a very nice Windows Tool and will be further developed because in Windows 10, the new Win-OS is completely lost in System Settings, you can not change the font, or change other system metrics. Currently, you can only change the desktop Symbol Spacing and the Symbol size, in the future then all other stuff, like in old windows desktop OS.
For example the Windows Metrics In old Windows 7 you could access it through Advanced Appearance Settings in the Appearance and the Window Color panel. You can use this tool, in old Windows 7 and earlier, you can here customize and / or change the the width of icon / symbol spacing, windows borders and other system settings settings.
Updated on: 19 April 2020 04:56
Keywords: info, restore, windows, list, view, font, size, default, solution, simple, 10, options, menu
Similar information on the page
The solution is simple to translate the language in DesktopOK in new language Please Download DesktopOK and click the Language Flag > see Image-1
Quite simply you can activate the Save Icon Size and that on all MS Windows operating systems Info: In DesktopOK you can enable the option to save the desktop
To change the Windows Desktop Icon size and view, use Desktop-OK version 4.61 or later for all Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Easy customize the desktop symbols
Sometimes you want to see a window under Windows 10, 8.1, always in the foreground, or? Info: Do you like the Always on Top feature that is provided
You can start DesktopOK with Windows and Auto Restore the Desktop-Icon Layout at Windows Start, and it does not matter whether it is Windows 10 or
The solution is quite simple to start Quad-Directory-Explorer with the last Windows position and view setting Content / Solutions Tips: 1. Activate
The solution to Change font size and font type for programs in Windows 8.1 or 10 Info: Sometimes you want to adjust the font in Windows 8.1, you can in
Better, here is an example to enable the simple calendar function in the Windows Desktop Info area TO-TRAY in the taskbar
LCD monitors, including laptop screens, usually perform at best with their native resolution Content: 1. Native Screen Resolution is the System-Provided
See also : ... DesktopOK FAQ
Back to : ... DesktopOK Homeage
AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoHideMouseCursor # AutoPowerOptionsOK # BlankAndSecure # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopOK # DirPrintOK # DontSleep # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # GetWindowText # KeepMouseSpeedOK # MeinPlatz # NewFileTime # OpenCloseDriveEject # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # Run-Command # ShortDoorNote # TheAeroClock # WinBin2Iso # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- I see this, but it doesn't work. I've tried manually editing, but I can't get back to Windows default I'd like to know where the registry is, so I can reset it. (Or if you know a way to reset my botches)
- I wanted to change the IconSpacing under Win10 Pro with DesktopOK (6.84)! This also worked according to your online instructions! ;-) Unfortunately, the labels of all icons (e.g. Word 2019 etc.) have disappeared! A manual renaming in "normal" font size is unfortunately also not possible (under the respective icon is a tiny, illegible text field! How do I get the old "status" back?
- I downloaded DesktopOK a few weeks ago hoping that it could automatically remember my icons layout. It appears to do so in its ini file, but requesting it to actually restore the locations does not work. It appears to place them correctly, but instead of showing icons it shows tiles, and many of these tiles are overlapping. Further, when I try to correct this using the "Windows-Metrics" tools, I can get it closer to accurate by selecting the icon size (48) but then it has, at times, set the icon font size to 1, and has refused to change it to anything larger... so this is not functional (for me at least).I acknowledge that this is freeware, and I have not paid anything for support. I would certainly be willing to pay, if it worked for me, but unfortunately it does not. I am willing to admit this could be user error. Please let me know if you can offer any advice.
- I'm really excited about DesktopOK and have been using it since V4.x. But when I wanted to reset the desktop icon spacing with Windows Metric (still in version 4.16), all Windows 10 font sizes for DesktopOK / Desktop / File Explorer under Windows 10 were set to 1. After updating to V5.18 and resetting with Windows metric to default, they are still far too small and unreadable. How can I correct this please? So it is not usable under Windows 10!