How can I restart Windows Explorer, Windows 10, 8.1, 7, ...?
Restarting the Explorer in all Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 8.1, XP, 10, Server) is very easy and almost identical!
The solution to restart the Explorer is not only written for Windows 10. this Restarting the Explorer screenshot has been snipped under Windows 10. However, you can use this restart the Explorer solution without hesitation on older MS Windows operating systems whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system. It has been tested on all and successfully verified
Tip: for Internet Explorer, just use iexplore in the place of explorer.
1.) Method-1: Restart Windows Explorer via Task Manager!
First start the task manager!
With the key combination [CTRL + ALT + DEL] you can start the Taskmanager directly !
From Vista / Windows 7 with the key combination [CTRL + SHIFT + ESC] , the task manager is also called directly.
After the task manager is started:
Right-click explorer.exe and then click End Process in the context menu **.
(... see Image-1)
From the main menu just click on "File"> "Run New Task"!
In the dialog box that opens just type in explorer and confirm with [ENTER] or [OK]!
(... see Image-2)
| (Image-1) Restart and end Windows Explorer task!
| (Image-2) Run new Windows Explorer Task under Windows 10, 8.1!
2.) Method-2: Kill and restart Windows Explorer with the help of ProcessKO!
The small freeware tool ProcessKO has been developed for such tasks. And is self-explanatory.
| (Image-3) Restart Windows Explorer on Windows all OS!
FAQ 23: Updated on: 24 June 2019 06:29
You can easily open and edit files stored on a 32-bit operating system on a 64-bit operating system. The operating system does not matter, whether it is
Quite confusing terms, such as shortcut keys and shortcuts bring users to despair Unfortunately, the term "keyboard shortcut" and "keys combination" have
The data transfer rates for DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4 in dual or single channel mode Here are the single channel values, with dual, i.e. two memory slot
The Enter key on the Keyboard to Enter a Command on Windows, Linux and sometime as external usb Keyboard on MAC OS Image-1 Enter key on Keyboard
In any case, the WOW64 in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Server 2019, 2016, has nothing to do with "World of Warcraft". Content: 1. WOW64 in MS Windows
Yes, the WinSxs "C: \Windows\winsxs" is a mystery, an enigmatic phenomenon : Content / Tips / Solutions: 1. The WinSxs folder is actually not as big
There are a few ways to find out what type of CPU is in a Windows PC without having to open the case. It goes without saying that every user wants to know
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Exporter reboot explorer?
- Restart explorer with batch break?
- Start anew?
- Restart windows explorer, restart internet explorer?
- How can I restart Windows 10?
- Restart Win Explorer?
- Restart explorer?
- Start Internet explorer browser?
- Restart Win 10 Explorer?
- Start IE 11?
- Start Windows xp Explorer?
- How to restart Internet Explorer?
- Exit Explorer.exe and start again?
- Open Windows 10 explorer.exe?
- How can I restart windows explorer?
- Explorer.exe restart win 10?
- Win seven everything via Taskmanager export?
- Re-enable Iexplorer exe?
- How can I start Internet Explorer?
- Restart Windows Vista?
- Restart Xp explorer?
- Restart windows 8?
- Windows 10 internet explorer start?
- Windows 10 where can I start to find the ms explorer?
- Restart Windows Explorer?
- Windows 10 start explorer?
- Where do I find explorer with windows xp?
- How do I start internet explorer in win 8?
- Window off and restart again?
- Windows explorer start windows 10?
- Explorer starts with Return enter key?
- Windows server 2012/2016 windows explorer launch key combination?
- New Task Explorer?
- Restart Explorer?
- Restart web browser, reboot Windows 8, 10 explorer?
- Explorer does not load ZoneAlarm at startup?
- Rebuild Explorer?
- Does windowexplorer 11 run under window xp?
- Start Windows Explorer?
- Explorer restart?
- Internet Explorer start over run?
- Where can I find in the new window with system error the tick with automatically reboot remove remove Found at?
- Explorer.exe task-manager w10?
- Windows Explorer reboot, fast and effective?
- Call Win 10 Explorer?
- Windows Explorer stops like restart?
- Internet Explorer does not start?
- Start shortcut internet explorer, What is an IE restart?
- Task Manager Windows Explorer stopped?
- Windows explorer stopped restarting, restart explorer process?
- How to restart the utilities in win 10, start web browser?
- Restart web browser?
- Restart Explorer without Task Manager?
- Restart Explorer.exe?
- How to turn on a new Explorer?
- Reload window explorer?
- W7 windowsexplorer restarts 2x?
- Windows vista explorer.exe Restart?
- Windows Explorer reopen Windows 8 Task Manager?
- How do I restart the internet explorer?
- Start windows7 without windows explorer?
- Win 10: Task Manager lacks process explorer.exe?
- Exit shortcut explorer.exe?
- How can I restart windows explorer windows 10?
- Explorer restart Windows 10?
- Windows Explorer reboot?
- Start Explorer.exe via cmd?
- How can I open Windows Explorer?
- Windows Explorer service?
- Task manager explorer?
- How to start the explorer?
- Task Manager reboot?
- Restart Win7 Explorer immediately?
- Open windows explorer?
- Windows Explorer?
- Windows tries again and again to start de exploer,> new explorer taskmanager?
- Re-enable windows explorer, explorer service?
- Restart Windows 10 explorer?
- Windows Explorer closed in Task Manager?
- Xp reboot Windows Explorer?
- Explorer exe new?
- The WIN7 Explorer.exe can no longer open saved documents?
- Restart Windows 10 Explorer?
- Internet Explorer restart?
- Win7 Explorer start stopping service?
- How do I find the Windows Explorer again?
- Win 8 Windows Explorer task finished?
- Start explorer?
- Windows 8 Explorer exe closed like restart?
- Shortcut Explorer reboot?
- Where can I restart my pc?
- Restart Windows 8 Browser?
- Windows 8 Explorer Task no longer stops a picture?
Keywords: beginners, restart, windows, explorer, restarting, operating, systems, server, very, easy, almost, identical, solution, Questions, Answers, Software