Can I save the desktop icon layout in the company without Admin rights?
Yes, you can also save the icon positions without Admin rights, on all Windows Desktop and Win 11, 10, ... and MS Server OS!
1.) Save the icon positions without Admin rights!
And also on Windows Server when connect via Remote Desktop, you can save the Desktop Icon Layout.
If there are problems with the storage (save) of the icon layout in the "DesktopOK.ini", you can optionally rename the DesktopOK.exe in DesktopOK_reg.exe.
In this case, the Iconlayout and the settings will be saved in the registry. Under: "HKCU/Software/SoftwareOK.de/DesktopOK"
Please always use ... the latest version of DesktopOK.
| (Image-1) Save the desktop icon layout in the Registry!
This save the icon positions without Admin rights is suitable for: Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Home, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate
2.) Can I also use the desktop notes at work in the office?
Yes, commercial use in the office area is also possible, you can use it with all functions, the options can also be adapted for each individual desktop, for many Windows users it is a huge asset, especially in the office / office, and you don't have to argue whether you can legally use it at home or in the office
See also: ... Desktop Tools for Windows in Desktop-OK!
FAQ 16: Updated on: 23 December 2021 19:35
The Difference between Save Current State and Save Current State at Desktop Item in DesktopOK Save Current State: save the current Desktop Icons Position
You can set this Option in DesktopOK, from DesktopOK Ver. 1.73, so that the program always starts minimized in the notification area To-tray, see
Yes, you can save the position of the desktop icons even in new Windows 11/10 from Microsoft With DesktopOK you can save desktop icons layout, in both Windows
You can change in DesktopOK the save options for the desktop icon layout name on Windows 11, 10, and MS Server OS Content: 1. Change options for
The automatic arranging of icons is the most common problem in DesktopOK , when you restore the icon positions Please disable the auto arrange order for
The solution is quite simple to increase the desktop icon symbols number on the Windows desktop to place more desktop icons on the desktop Content: 1.
To change the Windows Desktop Icon size and view, use Desktop-OK version 4.61 or later for all Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7, Easy customize the desktop symbols
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- After every restart of Windows I get the desktop icons mixed again. DesktopOK (ran fine under XP) installed - also seemed to run. Only when I restart Windows, the desktops saved by DektopOk all disappeared again. Can this be due to user rights (I am "administrator")? Almost looks like Windows doesn't allow the writing of the INOK files from DesktopOK (I had a similar problem with msl writing INI files under Vista).
- It was a strange story. I had copied the program to C: \ Program Files \ DesktopOK \ and created a shortcut on the desktop. Then what happened below happened.
- OS: Windows 7 x64 // Service packs: all updates available so far // IE: V.8 // Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 7025 / nForce 630a // Graphics driver: V. 197.13?
- But what I have now found out is hair-raising. Windows did not create the link to DesktopOK_x64.exe in the folder C: \ Users \ xyz \ Desktop \ , but obviously copied the EXE and INI as files! Incredible.
- can I also use DesktopOK on a terminal server (Windows Server 2008 R2)? Then every participant who is logged in there could save their own working environment. Is that possible ?
- Only I have the following problem: I am using Desktopok on several computers. Therefore I would like to be able to name the .ini from which computer the backup was made.
- Answer: Yes, this is really a phenomenon in Vista and W-7! I have to deal with it.
- Can I also use DesktopOK on a terminal server (Windows Server 2008 R2)? Then each participant who is logged in there can save their own work environment. Is that possible ?
- MS always has surprises in store.
- Hello, I have no admin rights under XP in the company (they are not awarded on demand). As stored in the Windows directory, so unfortunately the program does not work there. Will there soon be a version that runs with limited rights?
- After each restart of Windows, I get the desktop icons shuffled. DesktopOK (ran fine on XP) - seemed synonymous to run. Only when I restart Windows, the desktops saved by DektopOk are all gone again. Can this be due to user rights (I am "Administrator")? Looks like Windows does not allow the writing of the INO file from DesktopOK (I had a similar problem msl writing INI files under Vista and also on Windows 10/11 and 8.1.
- Hello, I have no admin rights in the company under XP (they are not assigned on request). Since DesktopOK saves in the Windows directory, the program unfortunately does not work there. Will there soon be a version that also runs with restricted rights?
- I have now deleted the files from said folder and copied DesktopOK and the INI into a folder on another partition. And lo and behold - now the INI is properly written and loaded songs.
Keywords: desktopok, save, desktop, icon, layout, company, without, admin, rights, windows, os, all, Questions, Answers, Software