What is the meaning of the "red" files in Explorer Views on Windows?
This is predefined by the color filter in File Explorer, but can easily be deactivated and activated at any time!
1.) Use file color filter, yes or no!
You can deactivate or activate this via the menu item:
Tools ► Colors & Columns ► Use color filter
You can define color filter settings yourself via the menu item:
Tools ► ... more options , then the Color tab .
See also: ► How do I change the background color of the active Explorer window ?
| (Image-1) Color Filter for Windows-Files and Folders in Q-Dir!
As you can see from the screenshot taken under Windows 10, you can quickly turn off the file color filter. It is really sometimes very useful to use this improved colored file highlighting function, but the file color solution remains left to everyone, whether on the new MS Windows 10 Home and Pro OS, or on one of the older MS operating systems, it has been tested and successfully verified
on all .
2.) Why use the colors in File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, ... etc.?
Microsoft Windows Explorer users are sometimes overwhelmed with the color, but you can simply deactivate it at any time, because there are also icons with which you can also differentiate the files, so it is an optional option to highlight the files!
It is a function that I installed in Quad Explorer in 2008, almost as complex as:
3.) Disable List View Tool Tips!
Main Menu ► Extras ► System ► Tooltips
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-2) Disable Tool-Tips in The Explorer View!
FAQ 2: Updated on: 13 July 2021 05:39
Press with the right mouse button on the file and select. ► Open With ► Choose Program See also
It is very easy to create create a new Folder in the Explorer View of Q-Dir, here are the solutions and examples
Is very simple to start the file manager Q-Dir whit your favorite settings, to open favorite folders in Explorer View at Q-Dir Start
Its very easy to change the favorites folder for the alternative file Explorer for Windows 11, 10, etc. Simple, Open the ▼ Main Menu ▼ Favorites ▼
The Color Syntax for MP3 Files in the File Explorer Q-Dir for all Windows OS, you can activate or deactivate it at any time
The solution to start the alternative Explorer Q-Dir for Windows with the last Explorer View settings and Columns plus Window position
The example to Change Column Settings in Q-Dir, Is the same like Windows MS-Explorer 1.Click Choose Details on the View menu
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- There is however one issue that I would like to change, but cannot, for the life of me, find where to do so. When I hover over the files in a directory, a label pops up with file-info. I would like to disable that function. Tool tip!
- I have a warning, for the files they appear in red color is it normal in this explorer are they endangered or threatened files?
- Last night I downloaded your new version 3.29 and tried it out. It seems that my suggestions have been fully taken into account. Now I find the browser simply great! Folders are opened without these nonsensical columns. The font color is uniform according to file types. Two marginalia remain:
1. Yesterday a folder with packed files was displayed completely in green. very nice) The same in blue today. Is this a software loose contact?
2. ".JPG" files are still displayed in red like .exe files. This is not a drama. But does that have to be?
- I have such a red bar, under the red text can I change that?
- Why is this alternative file explorer on Windows, bars and the dead text displayed in Windows Explorer, it is not so, is the storage space problem or something?
Keywords: what, files, explorer, color, filter, highlighting, customize, folder, files, Q-Dir, windows, 11, 10, 8.1, seven, Questions, Answers, Software