How can i create a New-Folder in each explorer View?
You can create a new folder very quickly, also using a keyboard shortcut, also known as a hotkey shortcut.
Content / solution:
In Q-Dir you have various options under all Windows operating systems, regardless of whether it is a server or a simple Microsoft Windows desktop PC, to quickly create new folders / directories using keyboard shortcuts!
1.) New folder key shortcuts in Quad Explorer on MS Windows 11, 10, ... OS!
In all Explorer views in Q-Dir from version 2.77 you can use the key combination:
1. [Ctrl+ N] to create a new folder !
PS: This is only valid for the active Explorer window in the file manager!
2. Via the "New Folder" button,
3. or the "SHIFT + F7" button combination ► "New Folder"
4. Likewise the "SHIFT + F5" ► "New" ► "New Folder" key combination
Q-Dir also supports all MS Explorer keyboard shortcuts: See here: Windows keyboard shortcuts
2.) Create a new folder via the address bar!
There is a button in the address bar to create a new folder. ( ... see Image-1 )
Which is also very practical because you can also create a new folder in the Explorer window that is not currently active, which is one reason why I developed Q-Dir. Here every Explorer window has a full address bar that does not lag behind that of MS Explorer.
| (Image-1) New-Folder in the explorer view of Q-Dir!
3.) ... Why can't I create a new folder everywhere?
In some virtual folders such as: Recycle Bin, Network, This PC (My Computer) you cannot create a folder. In the current version, the "New folder" button is grayed out.
(... see Image-2 Point 1 and 3)
If "New Folders" can be created in the folder, the "New Folder" button is not grayed out. Very old versions of Quad Explorer for Windows were not grayed out, which confused some users.
( ... see Image-2 Point 2 )
| (Image-2) Can't create a new folder in the Quad Explorer!
It is very easy to create create a new Folder in the Explorer View of Q-Dir, with the solutions and examples!
FAQ 3: Updated on: 13 July 2021 05:39
This is the predefined color syntax by the Color-Filter in the Filemanager Q-Dir, you can disable this in Explorer View Setings
Is very simple to start the file manager Q-Dir whit your favorite settings, to open favorite folders in Explorer View at Q-Dir Start
Its very easy to change the favorites folder for the alternative file Explorer for Windows 11, 10, etc. Simple, Open the ▼ Main Menu ▼ Favorites ▼
The Color Syntax for MP3 Files in the File Explorer Q-Dir for all Windows OS, you can activate or deactivate it at any time
The solution to start the alternative Explorer Q-Dir for Windows with the last Explorer View settings and Columns plus Window position
The example to Change Column Settings in Q-Dir, Is the same like Windows MS-Explorer 1.Click Choose Details on the View menu
The pictures and posters printing function in Q-Dir is from the system, is available on Windows 10/8.1 and Windows Server OS Select and click
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Keyboard shortcuts with the "New Folder" function?
- What I am missing in Quad-Explorer for Windows 10 is the possibility to create a new folder via "File"> "New Folder".
- Is there a keyboard shortcut to create a new folder?
- Create folder in Quad-Explorer for Windows 10 shortcut,?
- Is there a keyboard shortcut to quickly create (create) a new folder?
- How is the keyboard shortcut for "New Folder"?
- I find the keyboard combination to create a new folder quickly, there is something in your Explorer!
- I use Quad-Explorer have now noticed that Windows (think this is the case with all versions) does not bring a shortcut to create a "new folder". ^?
- Are there keyboard shortcuts to create a new folder?
- Hello, could you tell me if there is a function key (or hotkey) for creating directories? like in the past with the win commander F7?
- What I'm missing is a quick button to create a new folder?
- How can I create a new folder in the Explorer window?
- What is the hotkey in your tool to create a folder?
- Has a key sequence or hotkey or "shortcut" been implemented (included) for creating new folders?
Keywords: create, new-folder, very, easy, folder, explorer, view, q-dir, from, ctrl, also, tool-bar, windows, 11, 10, Questions, Answers, Software