Setting for file associations in Windows 10, but how?
It is not easy to change the file associations under Windows 10, but still possible!
In Windows 7 and the old 8.1 it was relatively easy, now it has become a bit more complicated, if you do not have to assign individual files to the program, and want to assign several!
1. In Windows-10 please open the Standard App Option, press the key combination Windows Logo + I
2. enter the text "default app" click on "select standard app for each file type"
3. Select the file assignment and change it easily
| (Image-1) File associations in Windows 10, default apps by file type!
| (Picture-1) Set File Associations Windows 10!
However, you can easily use this example as a solution to change Setting for file associations in Windows 10 and on other versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems, whether it's a Windows desktop, or to go on tablet-PC, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system.
It has been tested on all and successfully verified
What can I do if I continue to have issues with file associations and file extensions is a frequently asked question. Restart the Windows operating system
, please perform a proper Windows restart. If the problem persists and you have major file allocation problems, ask your administrator, who usually sits in a server room at the server operating system. Or just contact me to solve the problem differently.
It really makes sense and big benefits if the file associations and file extensions are assigned correctly, which can be of great benefit.
FAQ 242: Updated on: 14 February 2019 21:49
If in Windows 10 files or folders are opened with the wrong program, app, or application, change the settings Content / Solution / Tips: 1. Open the
Not infrequently there are drivers problems when upgrading from Windows 8.1 to the Windows 10 on the notebook Many users are looking for the solution for
Not infrequently that you need a simple help with Notepad, the free text editor in Windows 10 Here are a few simple hints to the Notepad, the solution ergo
No success with register entries , then you can change the numerical file sorting under Windows 10 via group guidelines The elegant solution is not only
Yes, you can download the Windows 10 to install it and testing, if the system requirements are met Download Windows 10 ISO File via Media Creation Tool:
Everyone can install the Windows-10 without Microsoft Live Account, the solution is simple Limited Experience, Offline Account Content / Solutions: 1.
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- The standard app according to the date protocol is available here on Windows assignments so that an email is also opened in the email program or that the program that opens a specific file or a selection of the installed apps and programs is displayed?
- Can't find the default settings specified by app on Windows 10, i.e. a file type extension associations?
- Do I have options to choose standard app by file type or assign the individual file extensions here on Windows 10?
- I want to assign a file type, what do I do on Microsoft Windows 10 to really assign it correctly, where are the new settings of the installed programs and the file extensions?
- Where do you click on a program or app so that not all programs are displayed, a selection is impossible for me, do I have to search for something in the control panel?
- Who would show me how to do it if you want to assign the programs as you need them on Windows 10, so assign a standard program or file type to Windows 10 would be important to me?
- Wonder if you can assign standard program and app in the settings, or settings of the apps for example selection for e-mail programs or music and video player?
- Web browser can you change the app or the program from the list given in Windows 10?
- Where can I find the listed installed program for the extension and the assignments so that you can open jpg with two different programs, for example?
Keywords: windows, setting, file, associations, easy, change, under, still, possible, relatively, become, Questions, Answers, Software