How do I install Windows 11 from a USB drive?
You can simply install Windows 11 from a DVD drive / USB stick, the procedure is the same as with old MS Desktop and Sever OS!
1.) Create a USB stick / installation DVD with the Windows 7 USB DVD Tool!
1. Download the Windows 7 USB DVD Tool!
2. Install the USB DVD Tool!
3. Use a USB stick of at least 8GB or an empty DVD
4. Start the USB DVD Tool
5. Select the Windows 11 ISO file and press the Next button
6. Then simply select the USB drive (USB device), optional it can also be a DVD
7. And only with -Begin copying- start the creation of the DVD or USB stick
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6)
After 10 minutes you will have a bootable installation USB stick for Windows 11, or a bootable installation DVD!
| (Image-1) Create a USB installation stick for Windows 11!
2.) Copy a USB stick from the file with DiskPart
For this you also need an ISO, which you then simply copy to the USB drive after preparing the USB, the ISO file can simply be mounted as a virtual drive under Windows 11 and then simply copy the contents to the USB drive!
The instructions for: ► Create a bootable USB stick with Windows!
1. After you have done the steps
2. Select everything with Ctrl + A, copy everything with Ctrl + C
3. Open the created USB drive and copy the installation files with Ctrl + V
| (Image-2) Copy Windows 11 installation data to the USB stick!
3.) Create a USB stick with the Media Creation Tool!
In the Windows 10 tip, this is only possible from> October 2021!
►►► Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ... Download DVD, ISO legally for free without a key?
| (Image-3) Create USB Stick via Windows 11 Media Creation Tool!
4.) Installing Windows 11 from the USB drive!
As soon as the USB drive / DVD drive with the installation files is finished and plugged into the PC, you have to set the boot sequence in the BIOS so that the computer starts the operating system from another location, USB or DVD and not from the hard drive.
To do this, you need to access the PC boot menu at startup. While your computer is booting, press the appropriate key to open the BIOS or UEFI The key you have to press depends on your computer, but usually it's F11 or F12, sometimes it's the ESC or Delete key!
Read about this in the manual of your laptop, notebook or PC!
Then it's like: ► A clean reinstallation of Windows 11!
| (Image-4) Windows 11 installation or computer repair options!
FAQ 141: Updated on: 26 August 2023 08:19
Activate WSL and install a distribution is available as a Windows subsystem for Linux under Windows 11/10 can be activated / installed very quickly 1.
If a Windows 11 update is available, but you do not want to initiate a system restart, you can schedule it Everyone knows the function to ► delay the installation
Especially on tablets it is necessary under Windows 11,10, to be able to create a screenshot without a keyboard in order to capture a screen area Sometimes
Its simple, to enable wireless display on the Windows 11 or 10 to project the screen onto the big screen, in example TV Display or other Miracast, devices
For example, if you have speakers, headphones or a headset connected to your Windows 11 PC, you can block it for applications 1. Via sound options
Sometimes you just want to see what updates have been made on Windows 11 so far, why not, if it is possible 1. See updates in Windows 11 settings
Windows 11 also contains integrated color filters that can help people with vision loss or color vision impairments, which is not so rare 1. Color
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Do I need to create a USB drive and want to install Windows 11?
- How do I create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive?
- How to install windows 11 from usb drive, can i install windows 11 on pc from usb stick?
- Download Windows 11 and save files to USB drive, to install Windows 11 OS from USB drive?
- All files on the USB drive will be erased from Microsoft's official Windows 11 download page like?
- I meet the requirements, can I install Windows 11 from USB drive?
- Windows 11 ISO download should simply be converted into a USB installation?
- Can I now set up my computer with Windows 11 from the USB drive instead of the hard drive where the operating system is to be installed?
- Create installation media with Windows 11 installation files via USB port on Windows PC to create bootable USB stick to install?
- How to create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive?
- Do I select a USB drive?
Keywords: windows, 11, install, from, USB, drive, stick, procedure, desktop, sever, create, HOME, PRO, Questions, Answers, Software