Can I initiate a full scan on Windows 11 for malware?
Windows 11 has an effective Trojan, virus, ... etc. protection and it is easy to run a full malware scan to be on the safe side!
Poor performance, application crashes, and computer freezes can sometimes be signs that a virus or other type of malware is causing damage. However, this is not always the case as there are many other causes of problems that can slow down your PC. But a complete check for malware is not wrong!
1.) Complete check for malware under Windows 11!
1. Start the Windows 11 settings ( Windows + i )
2. Use the term: "Virus"
3. Scroll on the right side to "Scan options"
4. And switch to "Full scan "
5. With " Scan now " start the full check for malware
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6)
| (Image-1) Complete check for malware on Windows 11!
2.) Check a specific folder or file check for viruses or malware!
Especially after downloading data from the Internet, it is not wrong to have individual files or entire folders checked for viruses, Trojans, ... and other malware under Windows 11, why not if it is so easy to do!
1. Select the folder or files to be checked
2. Right-click on the selected data on "Show more options"
3. Now only on "Scanwith Microsoft Defender ..."
4. If the text "Not current Threats appears", then everything is fine!
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4)
| (Image-2) Check certain data for malware on Windows 11!
3.) How often should I do a malware check under Windows 11?
By default, Windows 11 always scans your PC for malware using the built-in Windows security application also known as Windows Defender. However, you can always run manual scans if you think the PC is acting weird!
A "quick scan" is usually sufficient to scan your system for malware. Windows Security will run a scan and show you the results. If malware is found, you will be offered to automatically remove it from your PC.
If you want a second opinion and you are concerned that you might have malware that the antivirus won't find, you can also run a scan with another security application.
FAQ 153: Updated on: 12 September 2023 05:23
Windows 11 and 10 no longer displayed the estimated remaining battery life when you hover the mouse over the battery symbol, only the percentage appears
If you want to adjust the automatic playback, you can quickly search for help to adjust the AutoPlay in Windows 11 Content: 1. The new autoplay settings
Almost all XP programs work on the new MS Windows 11 operating system and can be executed / started in compatibility mode if required 1. Run Windows
If you want to increase or decrease your font size on Windows 11 so that you can read it better, then you can change it from 100% to 225%, depending on your
Windows has always been offered with Home and Pro, some functions and extensions are only included in the Pro, so it is also under MS Windows 11 OS The
If immediately after the Windows 11 installation "Windows is being prepared" hangs for a long time and then an error message appears: We cant sign in to
With themes you can quickly customize the appearance of Windows 11 and at the same time also the background, sounds, - annoying if it doesnt work
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How do I scan my Windows 11 PC for viruses?
- How do I scan the computer for malware and suspicious files with free antivirus protection in Windows 11?
- How do I protect the computer from viruses, can I eliminate viruses in minutes, on Windows 11?
- Open Windows Defender on Windows 11?
- Where is the free virus removal tool for Windows 11?
- Using Microsoft Defender in Windows 11 to check your PC for malware and viruses?
- How can I tell if my Windows 11 has malware?
- Run Windows 11 Defender Scan Completely?
- How do I get rid of viruses and other computer malware after Windows 11 Fake Upgrade?
- Where is the Microsoft tool to remove malicious software from an infected Windows 11 PC?
- Continuously protect the system from viruses, Trojans, malware in Windows 11?
- How do I test whether my PC with Windows 11 has viruses?
- Where is the Microsoft Defender Antivirus that is supposed to be included in Windows 11?
- If I need virus protection for Windows 11 PC, do I need a download?
- Remove malware from my HP Windows 11 PC?
- Free Trojan Scanning and Removal Tool on Windows 11?
- Automatically scan your Windows 11 computer for threats and block malicious software such as viruses, spyware or malware?
- Start checking Microsoft Defender to protect your Windows 11 PC?
- Where is your own virus scanner in Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, initiate, full, scan, malware, effective, trojan, virus, protection, safe, side, complete, check, Questions, Answers, Software