Where is the system reserved memory in Windows 11 and 10?
If there is a lack of space, one wonders where the system reserved memory is on Windows 11 and 10 and whether it should be deactivated!
Even if you have very little space on the hard drive, which is not uncommon with small SSDs, you should not deactivate the reserved memory! It is only advisable for Windows experts who have additional system rescue measures ready in an emergency!
1.) Where can I find the reserved memory in the settings?
You want to check whether the reserved memory is also activated, then you can quickly check this at any time under Windows 11 and Windows 10!
1. Open Settings or press Windows key + i
2. Via "System" scroll on the right side to "Storage"
3. On drive C: simply scroll ◄◄ to the point "Show more categories" and click on it
| (Image-1) The system reserved memory in Windows 11 and 10!
2.) What is the reserved memory for Windows good for?
To ensure that your Windows PC can be updated successfully, and the system can run correctly, MS Windows reserves a space on the hard drive of your PC not only for the temporary files, caches and other files, but also to compensate if the If you run out of memory on your PC, Windows will reduce this reserved memory so that other processes such as Windows Update can be carried out.
Reserving storage space also helps to optimize the disk usage on your device and make it adaptable. Therefore, you should not deactivate it.
3.) More tips to free up storage space?
Under Windows 11 and 10, there are further options to provide more space on the hard drive without the operating system becoming unstable!
FAQ 185: Updated on: 15 September 2022 07:33
The touchscreen functionality available on certain Windows 11 PCs is a great feature, but there are times when you want to turn off the touchscreen functionality
According to the Internet, automatic login without a PIN is not possible under Windows 11 in Windows 11, but it is not entirely correct that you have to
You can reset Windows 11 quite easily, it is an option not only on notebooks and surfaces, but also for all Win 11 desktop PCs 1. Find the reset options
You can also uninstall some updates on the new Windows 11, but not all of them are system-relevant Before you ► reset Windows 11 to the factory settings
The Windows Terminal APP is in the File Explorer menu, but you can also remove it quickly, but also reactivate the Terminal APP menu entry if necessary
It is easy to enable the free positioning of the desktop icons on the Windows desktop under Windows 11 You dont necessarily need a desktop icon positioning
In some installations the screen brightness control is missing in Windows 11, or there is no brightness option for the monitor in the MS Windows 11 settings
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I can't free up reserved storage space, can I turn off the reserved storage feature completely?
- A few gigabytes of disk space are missing even after an update are they Windows update files?
- Reserved storage is enabled on Windows 11, example of reserved storage?
- Disable Reserved StorageRegistry Hack?
- My PC has enough free disk space why is disk space reserved for future updates on Win 11?
- Windows 11 eats up a few GB of memory for updates, where can I check if my PC has reserved memory?
- Where do I disable reserved storage in Windows 11, why does Windows 11 reserve several GB of storage space on my PC for updates and optional files?
- Should I disable reserved storage in Windows 11?
- I always had enough free disk space on Windows 11 PC before, and Windows Updates never asked for free disk space either?
- What is reserved disk space in windows 11, what does windows need a certain amount of free disk space for?
- REG file to disable forced reserved windows 11 memory?
Keywords: windows, 11, where, system, reserved, memory, there, lack, space, deactivate, Questions, Answers, Software