Can I continue to use my IE favorites on Windows 11?
Yes, everyone can continue to use their Internet Explorer favorites on Windows 11, but the folder must first be copied to a USB stick!
1.) Continue using Internet Explorer favorites on Windows 11!
1. Start the MS File Explorer on your old Windows OS
2. Open the shell:favorites folder
3. Copy the folder to a stick
4. In Windows 11 open the shell:favorites folder
5. And copy all of your Favorites
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-1) Use the Internet Explorer Favorites on Windows 11!
2.) Why is Internet Explorer not further developed for Windows 11!
It's truly unfortunate but also understandable that the Windows Internet Explorer, which has always been available on Windows, is no longer being developed for the new Windows 11.
However, due to the widespread popularity of Google's Chrome, which is actually based on Chromium, and the phenomenal search engine experience it offers, Microsoft has been making efforts to establish its presence in this space. The Bing search engine is expanding, and the Edge Chromium browser has become the new internet browser from Microsoft.
From a Microsoft standpoint, it was also the right decision from a technical perspective because Chromium is a stably developed piece of software that has proven itself so far. In combination with Bing, Microsoft will certainly capture more market share in the browser space and search engine technology in the future.
Internet Explorer has lost popularity over the years, particularly due to security issues, slower performance compared to other browsers, and the introduction of more modern alternatives such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Microsoft has therefore started to abandon Internet Explorer in favor of Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge was introduced as a more modern and secure browser, better aligned with current web standards. Windows 11 ships with Microsoft Edge as the default browser. It is important to note that the decision not to further develop Internet Explorer is likely due to the need to focus on more powerful and secure browsers to better meet the needs of users.
It is recommended to upgrade to a modern browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari (depending on your operating system) to benefit from improved security features, better performance and support for the latest web technologies.
FAQ 65: Updated on: 18 November 2023 17:19
Windows 11 has a disk cleanup for hard disks to clean up the SSD, HD, and to free up a little space 1. The Disk Cleanup in MS Windows 11 OS 2.
If you have several OS on the PC, you can quickly set the standard boot operating system directly under MS Windows 11 PCs Content: 1. Set the standard
Is it easy to set the timer, stopwatch or alarm under Microsofts Windows 11 OS Content: 1. Timer, stopwatch or alarm under Windows 11 2.
With the quick start of Microsofts Windows 11, the operating system starts faster, activation and deactivation is always possible Windows Quick Startup
The simple solution if Windows 11 goes into stand-by mode too early or the screen goes black too quickly If no other software is running that prevents hibernation,
Activating or deactivating the mouse trails / tracks in MS Windows 11 OS is a very quick affair Content: 1. The mouse trail in MS Windows 11 2.
It is easy to open the command prompt in the MS Windows 11 OS Terminal APP 1. Command prompt in the MS Windows 11 OS Terminal APP 2. More information
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Ie transfer bookmarks from 10 to windows 11?
- Take favorites from old browser 11 to new Windows 11?
- How can I transfer favorites from windows 10 to windows 11?
- Export bookmarks from 10 to windows 11?
- Take over bookmarks with w11?
- Transfer windows 10 home data to windows 11?
- Restore favorites list switch 11 to windows 10?
- Transfer favorites to another hard drive in Windows 11?
- Documents as favorites windows 11?
- Take over favorites list windows 11?
- How to import favorites list on win 11?
- Win 11 64 bit favorites tray?
- Apply favorites in windows 11?
- Set up bookmarks on windows 11?
- Where is my windows 11 favorites list?
- Favorites 10 Windows 11?
- Transfer favorites to win11?
- Favorites in win 11?
- How to get favorites from 10 in windows 11?
- Windows 11 take over favorites html?
- Windows 11 copy favorites?
- How to transport programs from administrator to other user accounts on WIN 11?
- Transfer Favorites to another PC 11?
- Copy Internet Explorer Favorites?
- Windows 11 how can I save favorites with properties on a USB stick?
- Bookmark from 10 to 111?
- Transfer favorites folder from 10 to win 11?
- Favorites in Windows 11?
- Windows 11 Favorites?
- Windows 11 favorites on drives?
- Copy favorites from 10 to windows 11?
- Transfer favorites from 10 to win11?
- Can you transfer the bookmarks from the 10 computer after switching to Windows 11?
- Favorites in win11 file manager?
- Bring favorites from 8.1 to Windows ^11?
- Win11 favorites?
- Favorites Windows 11?
- Drag favorites in Windows 11 to USB stick?
- Transfer Favorites to Windows 11?
- Copy favorites win11?
- Where are favorites under 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, continue, favorites, everyone, their, internet, explorer, folder, copied, stick, usb, Questions, Answers, Software