Safely Remove Drives is missing from the Windows 11 taskbar, why?
If Safely remove drives, hardware or eject media is missing in the MS Windows 11 OS taskbar, you should not panic!
PS: I made the pictures more compact so that you don't have to scroll a lot!
1.) Safely remove the activation of the drives in the Windows taskbar!
1. Open the Windows 11 taskbar settings (right click)
2. Click on Text / Option "taskbar corner overflow"
3. Simply activate "Safely remove hardware and eject media" / the Windows Explorer symbol
4. Now you can use the Windows 11 Safely remove the drives from the taskbar
| (Image-1) Safely remove drives in Windows 11 taskbar is back!
2.) ... External tools to safely remove data carriers and drives!
The tool ►► OpenCloseDriveEject
is comfortable and has other useful functions! Here in the example with zoom factor in the taskbar menu. Simply click the icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar and eject drive, or Safely Remove.
( ... see Image-5
| (Image-5) Open, Close, Drive, Eject DVD, USB, CD, BlueRay
3.) Is Safe Removing Hardware on Windows 11 Important?
This is because before you can disconnect a device from your computer, you must first prepare Windows for the change using this feature. In this way, Windows ensures that all data has been saved to the device and that the device has been removed from its queue. If you remove the device without using the Safely Remove Hardware feature, you risk corrupting your files and losing your data.
It is not at all uncommon for your virus scanner to decide to examine things on the external hard drive for a short time, and then it quickly happens that something goes wrong with the access to the data carrier or the assignment is completely lost.
I've had incidents where the entire file system wasn't recognized and you could only fix it with "chkdsk" if you don't do the process and hastily format the hard drive or something like that all the data is gone.
FAQ 74: Updated on: 27 September 2022 07:28
You can theoretically install Windows 11 on a 30 gigabyte partition, but MS Windows 11 requires 64 GB Content: 1. The correct size of the Windows
Settings for the current language and region in MS Windows 11 can be found very quickly Content: 1. The correct language and region in Windows 11
Windows 11 contains a practical new menu for making quick settings, which replaces the functions of the Windows 10 Action Center. A very practical menu in
But it is also important to check whether the Windows 11 virus protection is activated in order not to be surprised by ransomware or malware or other fours
You cannot deactivate the MS Windows 11 updates, but the auto-updates can be suspended for up to 5 weeks 1. Set up the pause of Windows 11 updates
Grouping can be annoying in the file manager, but disabling Windows 11 grouping in the file explorer is easy 1. Deactivating the grouping in Windows
In Windows 11 you can activate special folder shortcuts such as for music, pictures, downloads, and more My Documents 1. Activating the personal
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Win 11 safely remove device?
- Eject USB devices, Eject stick shortcut?
- Windows 11 usb eject missing?
- Safely remove hardwarewindows 11?
- shortcut safely remove hardware windows 11, Safely remove hardware on windows 11?
- Is it safe to remove devices in Windows 11?
- Remove drive, Windows 11 USB stick cannot be ejected, menu does not open?
- Disconnect USB drive Windows 11, 7?
- remove usb device command line windows 2012?
- Windows 11 Safely remove USB stick from tile surface?
- Remove USB Windows 11?
- Windows 11 remove USB and disconnect other drives?
- Windows eject usb?
- Eject external hard drive windows 11?
- How can I remove an unused USB drive?
- Windows 11 Remove USB device?
- Remove device or drive?
- Remove Windows 11 USB stick?
- Eject drive?
- Remove drive, unmount external hard drive windows 11?
- Eject hardware Create shortcut without ifs and buts?
- Win11 notification eject usb?
- Unable to remove external drive with file history enabled?
- Unmount Win 11 USB stick, remove Windows drive?
- Eject device windows 11?
- Windows 11 safely remove usb drive?
- Safe removal of disks via Smart-Ware and Quick View is different from safe removal on Windows 11 and 12?
- Windows 11 Safely Remove USB?
- Deregister Windows 11 USB stick?
- Remove drive windows 11?
- How do I make wn.11 USB drives visible on the desktop?
- Win server 2016 safely remove usb drives?
- MS Win 11 unmount hard drive?
- Safely remove device Windows 11 as well as remove removable disk?
- How secure is Windows 11?
- Is there a Windows 11 safe removal of external drives on Windows 11?
- Unregister Windows 11 USB port?
- Safely remove hardware on Windows 11?
- Safely remove download desktop shortcut?
- Where can I find the disks to eject, USB safely remove in MS windows 11?
- Safely remove USB drives?
- Safely remove Windows 11 hardware?
- Unable to eject Windows 11 devices?
- Safely remove usb devices, remove usb drive f?
- Safely Remove Hardware w11?
- Safely remove disk, remove MS Windows 11 drive?
- Windows 11 but safely remove external hard drive?
- Disconnect USB in Windows 11 or rather safely eject the USB stick?
- Show usb message remove?
- Remove USB Windows 11 or e.g. remove drive safely?
- Windows 11 safely remove drive?
- Unmount USB device but not Metro for Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, safely, remove, drives, missing, taskbar, hardware, eject, media, open, method, adjust, notification, Questions, Answers, Software