Start Disk Check in Windows-10 Explorer!
With Windows-10 you can start the error checking of the disk quite fast via the file explorer,
by simply starting the Microsoft Explorer with the [Windows Logo + E]
shortcut key. Now open the This PC. / earlier Computer) and right-click on the drive or partition to be checked. A menu will appear, just go to Properties of the drive and then click on the corresponding disk (hard drive) which should be checked for errors.
See also: ► Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 for unnecessary files, how to?
| (Image-1) Check the HDD or SSD from Windows-10 Explorer!
| (Image-2) Check the C Driver in Windows-10!
In the window that opens, click on the "Tools" tab in the Error Checking group box and click the Check button.
Then the window with the options for the data volume check opens,
Then just click on the button
"Start", (... see Image-3
If you are not an Admini, you may be prompted to enter an administrator password, please contact the network administrator.
Scan drive if no check required, otherwise check media, usually takes one to two minutes depending on the drive size!
| (Image-3) Error Checking Local Disk in Windows-10!
Updated on: 25 September 2018 02:52
Keywords: explorer, start, disk, check, windows-10, with, error, checking, quite, fast, file, simply, starting, microsoft, windows
Similar information on the page
Under Windows 10 it is easy to start the search with and without subfolders in File Explorer Using the search box in the file explorer, you can find all ... more
There is nothing easier than to safely remove the disk, which is also simple and easy in famous MS Windows 10 In order to avoid data loss under Windows, ... more
Sometimes you need to change Windows 10 Quick View, better known as a file preview, to see information about the file and sometimes the preview In each ... more
With the Windows 10 update it can happen that the CD or DVD drive is not displayed in the file explorer These errors can occur if Windows 10 is no longer ... more
Windows 10, as a good operating system for every user, has many settings to apply, but there are a variety of hidden commands. It is very convenient... more
Questions for this:
- Windows 10 scan disk?
- Windows check?
- Win 10 for error checking, troubleshooting for free?
- Scandisk Windows 10, windows error checking file allocation?
- Scan Disc at Win 10 message in case of incorrect login change, or a program to check files?
- Check Windows 10 external hard drive for errors, find faulty files?
- Correct bad sectors under Windows 10?
- Windows error scan windows 10, did data cleared after hard disk check?
- How to check Windows 10 files?
- How to Run Windows Scan, Missing Debugging Tool for Windows 10?
- Win7 Scandisk or Windows 7 error checking?
- How can I check my pc window 10 for errors and automatically check folders for new files?
- To check Windows 10 corrupt file, to successfully scan computer for errors?
- File system error automatically Correct not possible, is there scandisk on windows 10?
- Can Windows 10 automatically fix write errors?
- Check data software, how can you check Windows 10 for errors?
- Win 10 internal debugging program, how can I test hard drives in Windows 10 computer?
- Check data for errors under Windows 10?
- Where can I delete corrupt files from Windows 10, scan system and files in web for errors?
- What to do with a file system error, how can I check folders for errors, windows 10 home?
- Automatically correct Windows file system errors, how can I find and correct errors?
- Windows 10 Scandisk is missing?
- Win 10 faulty patition, check system errors, check for free?
- How can I repair a faulty hard drive under Windows 10?