Pause the Windows 11 auto updates for up to 5 weeks!
You cannot deactivate the MS Windows 11 updates, but the auto-updates can be suspended for up to 5 weeks!
1.) Set up the pause of Windows 11 updates!
1. Start the Windows 11 settings as always
2. Click on "Window Update"
3. In the Suspend update area, switch to, for example, "Stop for 5 weeks"
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4)
PS: If you would like to continue the MS Windows 11 OS auto-updates, then simply click on the "Check for updates" button (point 5) and the "Suspend updates" function will be deactivated.
| (Image-1) Pause the Windows 11 auto updates for up to 5 weeks!
2.) What should I watch out for when deactivating the auto updates!
By default, Windows 11 automatically searches for updates and installs them unless you have temporarily disabled or paused these automatic updates. You can easily stop the automatic updates in Windows for a few weeks.
You will not receive any important security updates and if, for example, you enjoy surfing the Internet, you may only be 99% protected. As a rule, however, you will not catch malware or a virus immediately unless you do some installations during the time that you are not 100% up to date!
3.) ... Windows 11 update, more tips and ... !
The Microsoft Windows Update is an important part of the Windows operating system, which increases system security and usually makes the operating system more stable!
FAQ 78: Updated on: 11 June 2022 17:15
But it is also important to check whether the Windows 11 virus protection is activated in order not to be surprised by ransomware or malware or other fours
Grouping can be annoying in the file manager, but disabling Windows 11 grouping in the file explorer is easy 1. Deactivating the grouping in Windows
In Windows 11 you can activate special folder shortcuts such as for music, pictures, downloads, and more My Documents 1. Activating the personal
It is easy to check whether Auto-HDR support is guaranteed under Windows 11 1. Start the Windows 11 settings as always 2. Click on "System" ► "Display"
It was possible to reactivate the Start Menu tiles known from 10 in the first Windows 11 and it has not been possible to use them since Windows 11 10.20000.56
Anyone can change / adapt the search options in Windows 11 File Explorer, for example to include compressed files .ZIP, .CAB, etc. Everyone probably knows
Even with Windows 11, you can set the time for automatic maintenance So that the activation of the computer by the planned maintenance happens at the planned
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I want to pause over a week or extend up to 3 weeks where updates pause?
- How do I pause and disable Windows 11 updates?
- Pause Windows 11 updates for more than 2 weeks?
- Microsoft makes regular updates to my system to keep it up to date, I can make an update on deployment at another time?
- Where can updates stop, or can I pause, or possible if I want to postpone, where can I adjust settings?
- How do I take a break from updates in Windows 11 updates?
- I'm looking for ways to pause updates in Windows 11?
- Windows 11 needs to be restarted to install updates search advanced options to customize update settings?
Keywords: windows, 11, pause, auto, updates, weeks, deactivate, autoupdate, suspended, settings, Questions, Answers, Software