Install / activate XPS viewer in Windows 11?
If you find that the XPS viewer is missing in MS Windows 11, don't panic, installing the optional XPS viewer is easy!
The XPS Viewer, which was automatically available in older versions of Windows, was not installed by default in newer versions of Windows 11. This could be the reason why you can't find the XPS viewer in your current version of Windows.
1.) Install the solution to the Windows 11 XPS Viewer!
1. Open the Windows 11 settings as always (Windows + i
2. Enter optional
as a term in the search field
3. Open optional features in Windows 11
4. Now click View features
5. In Add optional features
window enter xps
6. And simply mark the XPS viewer
and install it with the Next
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 7
| (Image-1) Install XPS viewer in Windows 11!
2.) The folder / directory / path to the XPS document viewer!
After: ► have successfully installed the Windows 11 XPS Viewer
1. Start the MS File Explorer and Windows Logo + E
2: Open the directory: C: \ Windows \ System32
down to xpsrchvw.exe
The full file path is therefore: C:\Windows\System32\xpsrchvw.exe
The XPS documents are saved in My Documents / Documents.
See: ►►► Find My Documents folder in Windows 10 and 11 from all users
| (Image-2) The XPS viewer full path on Windows 11!
3.) Desktop shortcut for the XPS document viewer on Windows 11!
After you have opened the program path of the XPS viewer, it
is easy to create a desktop shortcut
by dragging and dropping
( Please use the right mouse button
(... see Image-3 Point 1 and 2
You can then make it available in Windows 11 start by simply right-clicking on the desktop shortcut you just created for the XPS document viewer! In Windows 11/10 and XPS Viewer is disabled by default, but you can enable it from Control Panel if you need it.
| (Image-3) XPS viewer Desktop Shortcut on Windows 11!
4.) Is the XPS document viewer still useful on Windows 11?
The XPS Document Viewer is a program developed by Microsoft for viewing XPS (XML Paper Specification) files, a file format for viewing electronic documents. XPS was Microsoft's answer to the widely used PDF format. However, the PDF format has established itself as the standard for exchanging electronic documents, and XPS has never achieved the same level of adoption.
In Windows 11, the XPS document viewer is still available by default, but is used less frequently than PDF viewers and other document viewing applications. Whether it makes sense for you depends on your specific purpose. If you regularly work with XPS files or receive XPS files from others, the XPS Document Viewer may be helpful. Otherwise, there are probably better and widely used options for viewing and editing documents, such as: B. Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF files.
Overall, the usefulness of the XPS document viewer in Windows 11 depends on your individual needs and the file formats you use. There are many other options for viewing and managing documents that may better fit your workflow.
FAQ 99: Updated on: 31 October 2023 21:23
A cumulative update for Windows 11 is a major update that contains previously released updates Its more than a simple security update. Microsoft usually
Its easy to adjust text size, font on APPs, programs on Windows 11 if the text is too small or too big Contents: 1. From Windows 11 2022, adjust text
You can quickly create one or more local user accounts under Microsoft Windows 11 operating system, why not the solution is simple You can create a local
You can easily see the activation status of Windows 11, here are solutions to tell if Windows 11 is activated Contents / tips / solutions: 1. Detect
Its easy to set the PDF printer as the default printer for Windows 11 and 10 to use it as the default for printing or creating PDFs Contents: 1. Set
There are numerous desktop clocks for Windows 11, 10, .. Desktop to make them appear on the desktop Everyone knows the: ► simple task management clock
Unsettled users wonder about the difference between a local user and one with a Microsoft account under Windows 11 or 10 The main difference between a local
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Where is the XPS Viewer in Windows 11? I can't find the application under Windows 11?
- Windows 11 open xps files?
- Looking for detailed information XPS Viewer application on Windows 11 among the optional functions?
- Windows xps viewer?
- Virtual printing, Windows Settings app to view XPS content again?
- What is XPS Viewer?
- Open xps on windows 11?
- XPS viewer?
- The XPS viewer disappears Windows 11 reinstallation did not work either, Windows 11 update via Windows update not !?
- Shut down xps viewer?
- Is the XPS viewer component missing?
- Windows 11 xps viewer?
- What is the XPS Viewer in Windows 11?
- Remove xps viewer page?
- Open xps files in windows 11?
- What is an xpv viewer?
- Windows 7 xps viewer?
- Open xps with windows 11?
- I used XPS Viewer for Windows 11 at home, I want to reinstall the XPS Viewer app on Windows 11, XPS Viewer on Win 11?
- How do I install the optional XPS Viewer under Windows 11, has Microsoft removed it?
- I can no longer open XPS files because the XPS viewer is missing?
- Windows 11 xps?
- Xps viewer?
- Windows XPS Viewer?
- Xps viewer win 11?
- Uninstall Xps viewer?
- Xps viewer not all pages of this document can be printed windows 11?
- Xps viewer on windows 11?
- Xps dati open win 11?
- I've always wanted to remove the Windows 11 XPS viewer or turn off the XPS viewer!
- How do I open the XPS Viewer what to click to open the application?
- Xpx viewer?
- Xps viewer info?
- Is the XPS Viewer still there, why Remote Features Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, XPS, install, activate, viewer, find, missing, optional, solution, Questions, Answers, Software