Can I install program and drivers in compatibility mode on Win 8 / 8.1?
On Windows-8 or 8.1 it comes to problems if you have an old driver or an old program that was written, for example, for Windows Vista or Windows 7.
When during the installation the driver or program installation will be abort, because the operating system is not compatible.
Here you can start the installation program in compatibility mode, see the FAQ here:
... run on Windows 8 programs in compatibility mode!
The driver installation programs make always operating system compatibility tests. If Necessary, you get on Windows 8 some of the XP drivers to run. But if you have at least one for Vista or Windows 7 is better to use this Driver.
But some very old printers be written only for Win-XP and the manufacture no longer supported the old Printer.
FAQ 113: Updated on: October 6th 2013 12:06
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows 8.1 install driver application in compatibility mode?
- How to run drivers in compatibilty mode win 8 and Windows 8.1?
- Can i install drivers in compatability mode on Win 8.1 and eight?
- Enable windows 8.1 drivers compatibility?
- WIN 8.1 DRIVER COMPATABILITY?
- Hir drivers compatible with 8.1?
- Install windows 8.1 compatability mode?
- Windows 8.1 setup program compatibility?
- How to install drivers in windows 8.1 compatibility mode?
- Win 8.1 running an app from an xp partition?
- Win 8.1 compatibility mode?
- Windows 8.1 xp compatibility mode?
- How to install driversi in windows 8.1 in compatibility mode?
- How to install driver in compatibility mode windows 8.1?
- Win 8.1 install vista drivers?
- Windows 8.1 installing drivers compatability?
- Install a program in copatibilty mode in windows 8.1?
- Win8 driver compatibility mode it is posible?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, install, program, drivers, compatibility, mode, Questions, Answers, Software