How to turn on or off the Windows Defender in Win 8 / 10 (virus protect)?
It is very easy to disable or enable the viruses and spyware protection by Windows Defender in Windows-8, 8.1 or Win 10!
The fastest way to start the Windows Defender in Windows-8 is via RUN command:
control.exe /name Microsoft.WindowsDefender (... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
In the Windows Defender Window please select the tab Settings and turn-on or turn-off the real-time protection!
(... see Image-1 Arrow-2 and 3).
See also: ... Create Desktop shortcut for Windows-8 Defender and pin to start menu!
Disable or enable the Windows Defender in Windows 8 or 8.1
Info (c) Microsoft
Windows Defender is installed as part of Windows and helps protect your PC from viruses, spyware, and other threats. You can choose what data Windows Defender should scan anytime, or you can use real-time protection. Real-time protection notifies you right away, whenever suspected malicious software (malware) or other potentially unwanted software tries to install itself or run on your PC.
Windows Defender monitors several things on your PC in real time:
- Any files you try to download, run, or access. Many files and apps work with web browsers and can be downloaded, installed, or run by the browser itself. However, malware might be included with these files and installed without your knowledge. Windows Defender scans your downloads to make sure they don't contain malware.
- Any apps that run on your PC. Some malware looks for vulnerabilities in the apps that you've installed. For example, spyware can run in the background when you start an app. Windows Defender monitors when apps start and what operations they perform while running to help protect your PC.
If Windows Defender detects a potential threat, it notifies you and assigns an alert level to the threat. For more info about the different alert levels, see Understand Windows Defender alert levels. Depending on the alert level, Windows Defender might automatically take action for you, or let you decide how to handle it.
FAQ 115: Updated on: 25 September 2018 00:11
Windows-8 - FAQ-115: How to turn on or off the Windows Defender in Win 8 / 10 (virus protect)?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How long does it take to turn on windows defender on pc?
- WIN DEFENDER 8.1?
- Win 8.1 switch cab lock?
- How to turn off trend micro in windows 8 in order to use defender?
- How to start windows defender in windows 10?
- win 8.1 and Windows 10 enable windows defender?
- Windows 8.1 defender mpengine.dll?
- In canada windows 8.1 PC windows defender download?
- Windows defender update direct download win 8.1 and Windows 10?
- How to keep trend micro on and windows defender off on windows 8.1?
- Windows defender for windows 8 online help turn this app off?
- Win8 auto scan at startup?
- How to turn on windows defender on win 8 single language?
- Win8 how to disable all defender?
- Windows 8 Windows defender softwar back of file?
- Disable windows defender (32-bit) win 8 and 8.1?
- How to enable defender on win 8?
- Shortcuts virus windows 7 ultimate?
- Disable windows defender 8.1 with dos prompt?
- Turn off windows devender win8?
- win 8.1 and Windows 10 windows defender?
- Window defender 8.1 64bit?
- How to turn on windows defender win 8 or windows 8.1?
- How to start windows defender in win 8.1 and Windows 10?
- How to turn windows defender in win 8.1 and Windows 10?
- Win 8.1 windows defender?
- Tutn off windows defender win 8?
- Turn on windows defender in win8.1?
- Turn virus protection on/off in windows 8?
- HOW TO ENABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER IN WIN 8.1?
- Windows defender prompt c drive windows 8.1?
- Turn on windows defender in win 8?
- Windows defender win 8 auto scan when startup?
- How to stop avg from turning off windows defender windows 8.1?
- Where is windows defender win 8?
- Enadle windows defender win 8.1 and in Windows 10?
- How to disable windows defender in win 8.1 or in Windows 10?
- Disable real time protection on windows 8.1?
- How turn off windows defender win 8?
- How to change settings to enable windows defender and turn off trend micro for windows 8?
- Windows defender win 8.1 and Windows 10 how to turn on/off?
- Windows 8.1 defender service namecommand prompt?
- How to turn on windows defender windows 8 from command?
- How to remove shortcut virus from window8.1?
- Windows 8 turning on virus apps?
- Protected keyword windows 8.1?
- win 8.1 and Windows 10 enable windows defender system32?
- How to turn off virus program on win 8?
- How to turn on windows defender in win 8.1?
- How to turn on defender in win8.1?
- How to uninstall trend micro and turn on windows defender in windows 8?
- Windows defender win 8.1 nie dziala?
- Window defender for win 8?
- Turn windows defender in window 8.1?
- Turn off windows defender windows 8.1?
- Win8.1 windows defender?
- Windows 8 turn off virus?
- Windows defenderin asennus win 8.1 and Windows 10?
- Window defennder win 8.1 and 10?
- How to turn on windows defender?
- Windows defender for win8 32 bit?
- Windows 8.1 disable defender command prompt?
- How to turn on window defender on window 8 64 bit?
- Activate windows defender in windows 8 single language?
- Trying to turn on windows defender takes you to system32 windows 8.1?
- Trend micro and windows defender turned off windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 defender USB?
- How to disable windows defender using command prompt?
- How to find virus and remove virus from win8 32bit by cmd command?
- How to turn on windows defender in windows 8.1?
- Windows defender win 8?
- Switch on defender windows 8?
- How to turn windows defender on?
- Turn off defender in windows 8.1?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, turn, on, off, defender, virus, protect, disable, enable, activate, deactivate, Questions, Answers, Software