How to create at once several subfolders levels (commando-line)?
Via Command Prompt is to easy to create at once, several sub folders levels in every Windows OS?
1.) Easily create directories with the cmd.exe!
Here is a simple example with 2 subdirectories (Folder1, Folder2) for each folder a separate command!
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 2AAE-9CF6
Directory of c:\1
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> .
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> ..
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> Folder1
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> Folder2
04/26/2018 03:47 PM < DIR> Meine_Freigabe
0 File(s) 0 bytes
5 Dir(s) 16,556,134,400 bytes free
2.) Create a folder with several subfolder levels!
Please start the Windows Command Prompt [Windows-Logo+R] and enter the command CMD.exe
In Command Prompt use the windows make directories command
For Example: (... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) Create at once several sub folders levels in all Windows OS!
The help file for windows MKDIR command!
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>mkdir /?
Creates a directory.
If Command Extensions are enabled MKDIR changes as follows:
MKDIR creates any intermediate directories in the path, if needed.
For example, assume \a does not exist then:
is the same as:
which is what you would have to type if extensions were disabled.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>
3.) Deletes all directories with all subfolders and files!
The command RMDIR or shortened version RD can be used to delete individual directories or directories with subdirectories.
Here in the example, the message appears in the prompt message that the directory is not empty. If you are sure that the full content directory should be deleted, simply use /s as an additional parameter . (see example)
ColorConsole [Version 2.5.1001 ]
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.48]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The directory is not empty.
C:\Users\Nenad\Desktop>rd c:\1 /s
c:\1, Are you sure (Y/N)? y
4.) Do not be confused by the folder item terms!
Different identifiers for one and the same thing here's a quick overview.
Directory = folder
subdirectory = subfolders = Sub-folder = sub-directory
folder structure = directory structure
folder tree = Directory tree
cmd.exe = command prompt
A directory or folder Creating the command prompt is really easy and suitable for Windows 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, and older Windows operating systems.
FAQ 6: Updated on: 25 September 2020 11:04
In some cases well-known and displays all network connections and listening ports on Windows Systems If you want to see a list of windows network connections
ALT+F4 or close window button, is not the right solution to close the windows command prompt correctly If you want to close the command prompt via right
The solution to remove read-only or hidden file attribute via cmd in all windows OS If you want to change the file attribute via windows command prompt
The taskkill can be used to end one or more processes in any windows OS. With TASKKILL, processes can be killed by the process id or image name. There are
The solution is easy to make the Windows command prompt cmd window wider, to see more of the output text It can be annoying if you are working with the
If you enter long file or folder paths in the cmd.exe command prompt the solution is very simple to avoid typos errors Info: Content: 1. Solution
You can start programs with a specific process priority via the Windows command prompt cmd.exe, with help from the START command Here are the solutions
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Cmd Path?
- Create folders with cmd.exe?
- Create folder with cmd?
- Dos create directory?
- Windows cmd create directory without querying?
- How to create a folder in cmd?
- Create cmd ornder?
- Create folders from command line?
- Create multiple subdirectories with a command in Windows 8.1 or Server 2012?
- Cmd command new folder?
- Cmd command if folder does not exist to create it?
- Windows prompt mkdir?
- Create cmd odrner?
- Cremte Directory remotely?
- Windows Path?
- Create Windows 10 command line?
- Cmd create directory?
- Cmd directory?
- In Windows Console on Windows xp create directories with subdirectories?
- Creating a folder tree with command line CMD under Windows?
- Create multiple subdirectories with one command in Windows 8.1 or Server 2012?
- Create archives from ordener with console?
- Wondering how to create folders via script as an administrator and standard user on Windows 10 and 8.1?
- Create directory per cmd?
- Creating folders in the cmd?
- Create a folder structure with Cmd?
- How to create a folder through the command line?
- In Windows 7, create directories with subdirectories at once?
- Create infinite folders via cmd?
- Windows mkdir intermediate directory?
- Can one create and delete folders with the CMD?
- Cmd command to create folder?
- I want to use a batch file, so just create a folder that automatically has subfolders, does something like that?
- Create a folder tree with command line CMD on Windows?
- Create directories with subdirectories in the Windows Console on Windows xp?
- With batch file automatically create directory with cmd.exe?
- Create folders via cmd create directory?
- Create folders dos md?
- Create a prompt directory?
- Can I create and delete folders with the CMD?
- Cmd command create folder?
- Cmd mkdir?
- Windows create multiple folders at once make directory?
- Create a folder structure windows?
- Prompt folder?
- Creating directories and deleting not using PowerShell to create or delete a directory is with cmd.exe supposed to somehow go into creating batch files which can then automatically create subfolders, but how?
- Cmd folder?
- Cmd create folders in programs?
- Cmd Directory?
- Windows Explorer to create new folder with bat file?
- Script to create a script Windows cmd?
- Create a windows 10 command directory?
- Window mkdir verezichnis available?
- Create cmd directory?
- Cmd.exe create new folders?
- Mkdir command extension enable prompt?
- Wondering how to create folders via script as an administrator and standard user under Windows 10 and 8.1?
- Using batch file to automatically create directory with cmd.exe?
- Create a folder with a command line?
- Create folders with cmd and give it right?
- Windows automatically generate folders cmd?
- Create Cwindows console folder?
- Create and delete directories not with PowerShell, creating or deleting a directory is with cmd.exe should somehow go to create it in batch files that can then automatically create subfolders, but how?
- Window mkdir verezichnis present?
- Cmd commands new folder?
- Cmd commands exe create?
- Create folders with cmd?
- Cwindows console create folders?
- How do I create a directory about cmd?
- Enable Mkdir command extension prompt?
- Cmd folder present?
- I want to create with the help of a batch file, so only a folder automatically subfolder, is so what?
- Cmd ornder?
- Create folder create prompt?
- Cmd folders?
- Create folders with exe?
- Create directory in cmd?
- Create directories with subdirectories at once in Windows 7?
- Windows mkdir create intermediate directory?
- Commands create command prompt directory?
- Cmd odrner?
- Prompt to create folders?
- Cmd Create Folders?
- Create a directory in cmd?
Keywords: windows, command, prompt, create, at once, several, subfolders, levels, server, 2016, 2012, 10, 8.1, 7.0, Questions, Answers, Software