How to create at once several subfolders levels (commando-line)?
Via Command Prompt is to easy to create at once, several sub folders levels in every Windows Desktop 10, 11, ... and MS Server OS?
MKDIR is suitable for Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7, ... to XP and Microsoft Server 2019 to 2000, it also doesn't matter if you connect MHDIR to a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even to a server use the operating system.
Content / Info / Tips:
1.) Easily create directories with the cmd.exe!
Here is a simple example with 2 subdirectories (Folder1, Folder2) for each folder a separate command!
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 2AAE-9CF6
Directory of c:\1
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> .
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> ..
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> Folder1
05/23/2018 08:46 AM < DIR> Folder2
04/26/2018 03:47 PM < DIR> Meine_Freigabe
0 File(s) 0 bytes
5 Dir(s) 16,556,134,400 bytes free
2.) Create a folder with several subfolder levels!
Please start the Windows Command Prompt [Windows-Logo+R] and enter the command CMD.exe
In Command Prompt use the windows make directories command
For Example: (... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) Create at once several sub folders levels in all Windows OS!
The help file for windows MKDIR command!
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>mkdir /?
Creates a directory.
If Command Extensions are enabled MKDIR changes as follows:
MKDIR creates any intermediate directories in the path, if needed.
For example, assume \a does not exist then:
is the same as:
which is what you would have to type if extensions were disabled.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>
3.) Deletes all directories with all subfolders and files!
The command RMDIR or shortened version RD can be used to delete individual directories or directories with subdirectories.
Here in the example, the message appears in the prompt message that the directory is not empty. If you are sure that the full content directory should be deleted, simply use /s as an additional parameter . (see example)
ColorConsole [Version 2.5.1001 ]
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.48]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The directory is not empty.
C:\Users\Nenad\Desktop>rd c:\1 /s
c:\1, Are you sure (Y/N)? y
4.) Do not be confused by the folder item terms!
Different identifiers for one and the same thing here's a quick overview.
Directory = folder
subdirectory = subfolders = Sub-folder = sub-directory
folder structure = directory structure
folder tree = Directory tree
cmd.exe = command prompt
A directory or folder Creating the command prompt is really easy and suitable for Windows 11, 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012, and older Windows operating systems.
FAQ 6: Updated on: 29 May 2022 07:30
In some cases well-known and displays all network connections and listening ports on Windows 10, 11, and MS Server Systems If you want to see a list
ALT+F4 or close window button, is not the right solution to close the windows command prompt correctly Content: 1. Right way to close the command Prompt
The solution to remove read-only or hidden file attribute via cmd in all MS Windows DEsktop 11, 10, and Server OS If you want to change the file attribute
The taskkill can be used to end one or more processes in any windows OS. With TASKKILL, processes can be killed by the process id or image name. There are
The solution is easy to make the Windows command prompt cmd window wider, to see more of the output text It can be annoying if you are working with the
If you enter long file or folder paths in the cmd.exe command prompt the solution is very simple to avoid typos errors 1. Solution 1: Using drag
You can start programs with a specific process priority via the MS Windows command prompt cmd.exe, with help from the START command Here are the solutions
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows create multiple folders at once make directory?
- Windows mkdir create intermediate directory?
- Cmd command to create folder?
- Create folders with exe?
- Enable Mkdir command extension prompt?
- Windows cmd create directory without querying?
- Wondering how to create folders via script as an administrator and standard user under Windows 10 and 8.1?
- Cmd create folders in programs?
- How do I create a directory about cmd?
- Create and delete directories not with PowerShell, creating or deleting a directory is with cmd.exe should somehow go to create it in batch files that can then automatically create subfolders, but how?
- Cmd command new folder?
- Cmd command if folder does not exist to create it?
- Create cmd directory?
- Create directory per cmd?
- Create folders from command line?
- Create cmd odrner?
- Creating directories and deleting not using PowerShell to create or delete a directory is with cmd.exe supposed to somehow go into creating batch files which can then automatically create subfolders, but how?
- Can I create and delete folders with the CMD?
- Cmd folders?
- Cremte Directory remotely?
- Cmd mkdir?
- Create archives from ordener with console?
- Using batch file to automatically create directory with cmd.exe?
- Prompt to create folders?
- Script to create a script Windows cmd?
- Create a folder structure with Cmd?
- With batch file automatically create directory with cmd.exe?
- I want to create with the help of a batch file, so only a folder automatically subfolder, is so what?
- How to create a folder through the command line?
- Cmd Path?
- Create folders dos md?
- Cwindows console create folders?
- Wondering how to create folders via script as an administrator and standard user on Windows 10 and 8.1?
- Cmd command create folder?
- Windows mkdir intermediate directory?
- Create a folder with a command line?
- Windows Explorer to create new folder with bat file?
- Cmd commands exe create?
- Cmd folder?
- Create folders via cmd create directory?
- Create folders with cmd and give it right?
- Create directories with subdirectories at once in Windows 7?
- Windows Path?
- Create cmd ornder?
- Cmd Directory?
- Cmd odrner?
- Window mkdir verezichnis available?
- Create a folder tree with command line CMD on Windows?
- Cmd create directory?
- Create a directory in cmd?
- Create directories with subdirectories in the Windows Console on Windows xp?
- In Windows 7, create directories with subdirectories at once?
- Create folders with cmd?
- Create a prompt directory?
- Create Windows 10 command line?
- Create multiple subdirectories with one command in Windows 8.1 or Server 2012?
- I want to use a batch file, so just create a folder that automatically has subfolders, does something like that?
- Create folders with cmd.exe?
- Cmd ornder?
- Windows automatically generate folders cmd?
- Dos create directory?
- Create multiple subdirectories with a command in Windows 8.1 or Server 2012?
- Cmd directory?
- Cmd.exe create new folders?
- Create folder with cmd?
- Create directory in cmd?
- Can one create and delete folders with the CMD?
- Creating folders in the cmd?
- How to create a folder in cmd?
- Create folder create prompt?
- Cmd folder present?
- Create a windows 10 command directory?
- Create a folder structure windows?
- Prompt folder?
- Commands create command prompt directory?
- Window mkdir verezichnis present?
- Mkdir command extension enable prompt?
- Windows prompt mkdir?
- Cmd commands new folder?
- Creating a folder tree with command line CMD under Windows?
- In Windows Console on Windows xp create directories with subdirectories?
- Create Cwindows console folder?
- Create infinite folders via cmd?
- Cmd Create Folders?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, server, eleven, command, prompt, create, several, subfolders, levels, server, Questions, Answers, Software