Difference between Notepad and WordPad Windows 11, 10, 8.1 + Server!
Some Windows users wonder whether Notepad and WordPad have a difference under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 + Server 2019, ...!
The simple text editor NotePad is still one of the most important programs under Windows and is often used. In Windows 10, the full path to notepad.exe is as in C: \ Windows \ System32 \ notepad.exe , it can be used as a simple word processor
, the Word Pad is a bit more extensive and is an RTF editor with text formatting.
1.) The NotePad on Windows 10/11!
The Windows 10 Note-Pad Editor is a simple word processing program that, as before, is mainly used for viewing or editing plain text files under Windows. The text file is a simple file format that is specified with the TXT file name extension.
So pure text data that can be saved and opened as Unicode, ANSI Ascii, UTF, ..., which can prove to be an advantage because the files contain pure text and can be edited and edited on any operating system and by any program or Windows APP can be viewed.
Notepad is a good choice for creating web pages (HTML documents) and writing scripts, or basic computer programs, since text formatting is not required for these document types. It is also useful for removing formatting from copied text and pasting it somewhere other than plain text. Simply paste the text into the editor, copy it again from the editor, and you have completely unformatted text.
2.) The WordPad on Windows 10/11 and MS Server!
WordPad is similar to Notepad, but offers more formatting options. You can format it in bold and italics and change the font, size and color of the text. You can also create bulleted lists and center and align paragraphs. With WordPad you can save documents either as text files (.TXT) or in rich text format (.RTF). When you save a document in rich text format, all formatting that you have made for the text is retained. When saving as a simple text file, all text formatting is removed from the document.
Both programs are text editors that are included in the Windows operating system. Notepad is the simplest text editor that you can use to open and create text files. While you can use Notepad to create multiple paragraphs of text with line breaks (by pressing Enter), the program doesn't offer you any options for text formatting. For example, you cannot change the font size or make the text bold.
Updated on: 31 August 2023 13:25
Keywords: 2019, office, difference, between, notepad, wordpad, windows, 11, 10, server, some, users, wonder, whether, have, under, content
Similar information on the page
If you do not have Microsoft Office 2016/365 installed on your PC, WordPad lets you open, create, and edit text files. Content: 1. Step by step to
Its so easy to use the emoji / smileys with the touch keyboard on Windows 11, 10 desktop and MS Server The touch keyboard on Windows 10/11 also supports
If the WordPad window is not visible, the cause is usually the wrong default settings on Windows 11, 10, Everyone likes to use the free writing program
Windows 10/11 Snipping Tool is a screenshot capture utility. You can usually just open / find it Content: 1. Starting the snipping tool 2. The
Anyone who uses WordPad often comes up with the idea of creating a keyboard shortcut for the Windows writing program Everyone knows the keyboard shortcuts
It is easy, writing with, or under Windows 10/11 is very easy and requires no specialist knowledge on the desktop PC Everyone knows the free writing program
It is quite easy to select only one line in the Windows 10/11 Word document 1. Start Microsoft Office Word, or Word Pad and open the document. 2. Find the
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- I like plain text editors, users who are looking for an easy way to take notes only need Windows NotePad?
- I have tested Notepad + and that is too much for me the Windows Notepad is enough for me with the simple user interface, good to know that there is the Wordpad program with which I like to write letters and add useful customizable auto-completion with QTP?
- Although it is usually not preferred by many programmers, is the Notepad also very useful for normal authors?
- I know Notepad ++ the freeware alternative, which is preferred by programmers, but I am not there is an editor on Windows that does not have as much as the Wordpad and that for free?
- I don't need alternative text editors and word processing programs?
- Word processing programs are mainly for writing, editing and printing?
- Microsoft's Notepad is actually the best text editor from the first version and connected to every platform of MS?
- I am familiar with Microsoft Word, on every computer I work with it, I have looked at other writing options on Windows and I have uninstalled each one, what a shame about the time invested?
- What is the difference between Notepad and WordPad in Windows, is there any on Windows?
- WordPad formatting tools does what I want and is the best choice for editing text, and can be read in any program, a letter or a Microsoft spell checker, don't I need RTF files?
- I could use OneNote from Microsoft but what is Notepad OK for?
- Editors like Wordpad are free and come with Windows 10 and Windows 11, which means that I don't need any alternatives to the two programs?