Grouping and possibilities in Quad-Explorer Q-Dir!
The grouping is sometimes a problem there are possibilities in the quad-explorer Q-Dir to get this under control on Windows 11, 10, ... and other MS OS!
2. You want to have a single folder always staring without grouping and having certain folder views!
►► How do I start all explorer views with a favoritw settings ?
By creating a favorite, you can also ensure that the grouping is stored correctly. Not only the grouping, view settings, but also the window position and column settings can be saved.
The solution for Grouping and possibilities in Quad-Explorer, is also for older versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems whether it's a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system.
It has been tested on all and successfully verified
| (Image-1) Grouping and possibilities in Quad-Explorer Q-Dir!
Updated on: 26 August 2023 17:29
Keywords: grouping, possibilities, quad, explorer, q-dir, sometimes, problem, there, windows, 10 under, control, never, need, explorer
Similar information on the page
It is quite easy to start Q-Dir Quad Explorer on Windows 11, 10, etc. in Admin mode as administrator in order to carry out important system file management
If you want to rank Quad-Directory Explorer Q-Dir as a trusted application on all MS Windows 11, 10 OS Of course, a file manager can not work without access
It is practically all Explorer windows to be able to clone in Quad Explorer not only under Windows 10, 8.1, This operation opens a new quad explorer
If you want to activate a multiline tab in the Quad Explorer Q-Dir for Windows 11, 10, etc. and MS Server, you can do it at any time 1. Start your ► Quad
Especially under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7, there is currently a problem with the background color and the selection in Explorer and tree structure If you
At Windows Vista and Windows 7 and 8 you can enable or disable the Windows Explorer file grouping in Q-Dir To disable / enable the file grouping in Q-Dir
The Quad Explorer Q-Dir works quite well under Windows 11, I would say better than on Windows 10 and 8.1 Contents: 1. The Quad File Explorer on Windows
See also : ... Q-Dir FAQ
Back to : ... Q-Dir Homeage
3D.Benchmark.OK # AlwaysMouseWheel # AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoPowerOptionsOK # ClassicDesktopClock # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopNoteOK # DesktopOK # DontSleep # Edge-Chromium # ExperienceIndexOK # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # GetPixelColor # GetWindowText # Internet # IsMyHdOK # KeepMouseSpeedOK # NewFileTime # OpenCloseDriveEject # PhotoResizerOK # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # ShortDoorNote # StressMyPC # System # TheAeroClock # Tools # Version # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- I am checking out your Quad-Explorer Q-Dir program and it appears useful. One thing I noticed and it may be newbie mistake is Group By > (None) does not seem to persist and does not appear to be available as a global setting. I would like to globally disable it. I hate it. I do not like however every time I view a folder, its contents are all rearranged. I want all my folders alphabetical and I want them to stay that way. I would like to be able to make one global setting and have it persist forever. Would appreciate knowing if that is possible. Otherwise app seems well designed. Thank you, Blair?
- I customize often the lists view and group settings independently for tabs, then I saved the .qdr file, but when I reload it the customized tabs use another view and grouping.I would like for example to set the view to this: And the group by to this: …. but this is not kept after saving and reloading. Is it a bug or a feature not implemented? Or maybe there's a way to do this that I don't know? Please advice.?
- How can I get rid of having folders/files listed by date groupings (yesterday, last month etc). I have absolutely no idea how it got turned on but I've spent about 20 minutes trying to find a way to turn it off but without success which is infuriating. I like many of your programs, including Q-Dir, but for me Q-Dir is unusable with columns displayed with date grouping . I'm sure there is a way to get rid of date grouping but even though I've been using computers and writing my own code for some 30 years I've not been able to find it.?
- I have a recent problem with a fresh install of Q-Dir 8.25 on Win 10 ver. 1909 18363.693, if that matters. I keep having trouble with system Downloads folder. Whatever view I set (usually it is Details with sorting by name and no grouping) it keeps setting view to Details with descending sorting by date and descending grouping by date. The key word is 'sometimes'. Sometimes it works okay, I keep opening this folder, going back and forth. Sometimes I go back with an arrow or just press F5 and the view resets to what I specified. Any suggestions? I have already looked through FAQ and I have 'Save columns' On by default. Also Windows Defender is turned off completely via group policies, so it doesn't work at all.?
- In Details view, I'd like to turn off grouping.
- Hey, love the app though for the past few versions i have been unable to save my layout. No matter what i do it will not save "Group By" to "None" I can set the app to the view i want then save the current state or save it as Desktop item. Though next time i launch the app it reverts to "Group by" and "Date Modified" descending. I have uninstalled/reinstalled. Tried multiple versions. Portable included. Run from brand new source folders. Nothing seems to help.?
- How do I stop Q-Dir from grouping the details view after every restart of the program?
- Thank you for Q-Dir ... * -) I use it under W10. For some time now files and folders have been shown "grouped" - unfortunately not always as I would like it to be. Can you set a default somewhere - e.g. always grouped by name only?
- How do you please remove the lines that separate files based on date (today; earlier this week; etc.) or the nature of each group (folders; devices and drives; etc.)?
- Since yesterday in Q-Dir (without me changing any settings) in a field (4-fold display, see attachment) made a further grouping either subgrouping by letter or date (depending on what I have chosen) For me the rather confusing and puffs up the ad. I have not found a way to undo this. How can I do that? Thanks for your support.?
- Since the last Windows update all my folders are "grouped" in my Q-Dir. I always have to manually go to "view, groupings, none" - and this is very annoying in the long run. Is it somehow solved once and for all?
- Although it feels like it has been switched off 100 times, the view in the qDir window always switches to "Group change date". Although I want "group-none". Can you help?
- I had sent you a bug report a few days ago, but I didn't really explain properly. The pane on the left displays as I want it to (except for the color). The upper right pane insists on displaying with "Today," "Earlier this week," etc, which I hate and want gone. I want the same kind of display as on the left pane. The lower right pane will not display any way but the default, no matter what I do. As you can see, they are all set to display by type. You can also see that the color setting is messed up. At this point, the color I chose is only on the active window, which is fine. I can live with it, but you should know what is going on.?
- I would have a question about it because it annoys me a little. How can I permanently change the grouping according to .. view so that it does not group. I have to reset it every time.?
- > In the QDIR the download directory has been changed to a grouping (by date) for several days. A change in QDIR as well as in the WinExplorer to "without grouping" only works until the next start of QDIR - possibly the confi value is drawn wrong?!?
- All of a sudden the above window sorts the files according to date last used, "today", "recently", "long time ago"... the window beneath does not behave like this, when showing file details. How can I make the one window behave like the other?
- The "Downloads" is my main folder so I have it open as standard. However, it defaults to sort by Date and group by date. If I change the settings, then restart Q-Dir or open a new tab it reverts to the sorting and grouping by date. This is happening on multiple computers I work. Not sure if this is a bug or I am missing a setting? I have tried looking through all the items and even the windows explorer settings to no avail. Thanks
- Despite setting the display window to sort by name, the files are sorted by last use. It's really hard to search for files by typing the name when they're sorted like this. I've searched for a setting in the menu, but I can't find one.?
- I tried menu option "extras/starting as/use last view" but that is not working. It worked before but for some reason it doesn't anymore, and the grouping is very distracting as I can not find in a glance what I am looking for.?
- Using ver 7.94 x64 on Win 10 1903. No matter what I do Q-Dir keeps displaying my downloads folder in Group By Date. Windows Explorer does not do this. I have tried saving defaults & favourites according to online suggestions but nothing works.?
- An excellent program, but I want to remove the sorting in time. For example, no sorting Today (x), Last week (x), etc. I have found that I do not know for sure when I used a file, and then it is easier to search by letter.
- The grouping of the files within a folder is constantly activated, although I want to permanently deactivate them and have also set this up.?
- Because of the 4 drives shown at the same time and many other great setting options, I only use the Q-Dir. What bothers me is the automatic grouping that I have to turn off again and again. I would like to have the sorting by file name displayed permanently. Unfortunately, I cannot find this setting in the menus and please inform me about this option.