Where does the program DesktopOK save the file/data when you do a Save?
Find the DesktopOK save the file/data location when you do a Save in standard ICON LAYOUT save (List View)!
From 5.2xx Open the Ini Location (Icon Settings)!
Stat the free Software DesktopOK
go to ► Menu ► Info ► See Screenshot
DesktopOK work Directory (... see Image-1 Point 2
DesktopOK.ini Directory (... see Image-1 Point 3
See also: .... Save the DesktopOK setting in the Windows Registry
If you don't start the DesktopOK from the Windows Desktop, at best create a separate folder for DesktopOK and unzip the DesktopOK.exe into this folder.
| Open DesktopOK INI Location!
If you have a lot of time to read:
On the Windows desktop, you have arranged the icons according to a specific system. Each time you change the display using one of the submenus of "Arrange Icons" in the context menu of the desktop, Windows then resets the arrangement to the unclear standard setting. Even if you share the calculator and a single user account with other people, there's often trouble. After all, everyone has a different idea of the perfect Windows desktop. You miss a feature to save icon positions.
Updated on: 12 September 2020 09:44
Keywords: desktopok, info, where, does, program, save, file, data, find, location, standard, icon, layout, list, view
Similar information on the page
Easy and simple Load and Save windows desktop Icon Layout from file for a quickly restore of the Desktop Symbols Restore the Icons direct from "*.dok" file
Move your icons as you like and prefer to save this layout to make it later if it is to where appropriate restore. Desktop-OK for Microsofts c Windows
You can save the Windows 10, 8.1, Desktop Icon Layout in the *.dok file or in the DesktopOK.ini If you save a new layout setting, saved desktop restores
Yes, DesktopOK has this save option for the correct layout naming for multi-screens and virtual desktop, via menu, menu-point Save Options. Info: At 1.75
Quick-Explain to symbol layout and positions save possibility on Windows 10,8.1, , and Microsoft Server 2016, 2019 Info: ►► Command line option to
In Windows-8, 8.1 and 10 It is quite simply to find a program folder or file directory and open it Content: 1. Open the certain program folder via
Although Windows can use various power-saving functions and even independently switch between several power profiles Info: But in practice this is not always
Changing the fonts under Windows 10, 8.1 is a big problem for many Windows users who want more customization Just change the system fonts, title, caption,
Simple user requests To-Dos which I should not forget Sunday, June 24, 2018 19:12:11 Hello : I just stumbled across DesktopOK recently and I think its
See also : ... DesktopOK FAQ
Back to : ... DesktopOK Homeage
AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoHideMouseCursor # AutoPowerOptionsOK # BlankAndSecure # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopOK # DirPrintOK # DontSleep # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # GetWindowText # KeepMouseSpeedOK # MeinPlatz # NewFileTime # OpenCloseDriveEject # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # Run-Command # ShortDoorNote # TheAeroClock # WinBin2Iso # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- Can I somehow save, view or make a backup copy of the saved desktop icon layouts from my Windows 10?
- I would like to make a copy of this file in order to find it again in case I reinstall the system.
- I just want to know where my Icon layouts are saved so I can back them up. I got an upgrade on my PC and all of my desktop icon "saves" did not restore with the program on my backup restore.?
- Can you please tell me in which DesktopOk file the icon positions are saved?
- Where is the data file for the desktop stored? If I buy another computer, can I transfer data?
- Desktop icons do not retain layout after 1709, 16299.64; Input request does not save entered commands Hello, after every restart there is "cabbage and turnips" on the desktop. I rarely had this phenomenon in the past, mostly after a program reinstallation, but now after each restart of the PC, without anything being changed. Very annoying and time consuming. Have with program DesktopOK tried to turn off annoyance. But then the computer becomes negotiable, freezes, eternal reaction times. The prompt field does not save the entered commands.?
- There are many icons on my desktop. I sorted and arranged them thematically with much effort and care. Now it has happened twice already after the installation of updates that Windows has automatically rearranged all the icons on the left edge of the screen. All my work was in vain. Is there a tool I can use to save my icons?