How to create a desktop shortcut for everyone on Windows!
Whenever I install a new application, a shortcut for that application is placed on every Windows 11, 10, ... etc. desktop.
However, if several users are working on the Windows computer, one also wants to create a desktop shortcut for the newly installed Windows tool on the desktop for the son, daughter, wife, so that everyone can benefit, here are two examples of how they can do this under Can handle Microsoft's Windows, suitable for Windows 11, 10,... and also for Windows Server
2019, 2016, ....!
1.) Solution 1: Create desktop shortcuts for all users for all at once!
Please open shell:Desktop and the shell:common desktop folder in Windows Explorer!
The shell:desktop is your own and the shell:common desktop is everyone's (shared desktop folder) Now simply copy the relevant program shortcut. Here in Quad Explorer, because it's easier, but MS Explorer also works with Windows + R and the shell:commands mentioned. Simply open two MS Windows file explorers.
| (Image-1) Create a desktop shortcut for everyone on Windows!
Overall, desktop shortcuts are an efficient way for all users to organize your computer desktop and quickly access frequently used resources. You can streamline your work process and increase productivity.
2.) Solution 2: Create desktop shortcuts for all users individually!
Use shell:userprofiles to see all user folders, open your own desktop shell:Desktop
Now open each individual user folder, which also contains the Desktop folder, and copy the shortcut to each folder.
Windows desktop shortcuts are a convenient way to access files, programs, and other resources on your computer.
| (Image-2) Create a desktop shortcut for another user on Windows 11, 10, ...!
3.) What are the advantages of the two desktop shortcut solutions?
The first solution is of course associated with less work and the second is more secure, for example if the son, daughter or wife deletes it on the desktop, it disappears on all other desktops, which is of course annoying. In this case, however, you can get ahead with the Windows access rights.
Remove Windows access rights
►► Activate the system full access administrator account in Windows 11?
Desktop shortcuts provide quick and easy access to files, folders, programs and websites. You can simply double-click the icon on the desktop to open the linked resource. You can organize your desktop the way you want by creating and grouping shortcuts. This makes working with important files and applications easier because you can find them instantly. Desktop shortcuts can also be customized on your Windows. You can change the icons, give them different names, and even add keyboard shortcuts to make access even easier.
By creating shortcuts for frequently used programs or tasks, you can streamline your workflow and save a lot of time. You don't have to search through File Explorer or find a program from the Start menu every time. The desktop shortcuts are easily visible to all users and typically do not require in-depth computer knowledge to use.
FAQ 79: Updated on: 24 September 2023 14:23
The solution is simple, to change the size of the Windows 11, 10, etc. mouse pointer Content / solutions / tip: 1. Change the mouse pointer size
If the MS Windows 11, 10, etc. OS mouse opens files with a click and you want to switch to double-click In general, you have to open a file, folder
When buying a notebook / laptop, regardless of whether it is a MAC or Windows 11, 10, . PC, the term integrated graphics card appears If you have graphics
Detect which version of WDDM driver model your GPU driver uses / supports by opening the DirectX diagnostic program on Windows 11, 10, and other MS OS
Everyone loses data at some point, either from a computer or hard drive failure, or your files are lost to a software bug not only on Windows 11, 10,
Windows 11, 10, etc. will restart your PC and begin restoring. It may take System Restore a while to restore all of these files Allow at least 15 minutes,
The solution is very simple to initiate a forced shutdown of computers / notebooks and tablets or smartphones not only on Windows 11, 10, Hold down
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I use several users on a Windows 10 and 11 PC, so I prefer Windows, now the problem is that when I have placed the desktop icons on my desktop, the other Windows users do not have this desktop icon on my desktop Microsoft Office shortcuts created for applications, and all users should see the corresponding desktop icons for Word, Excel & Outlook on their desktop, what do I have to do is there a central point on Windows 10 and 11 to store the desktop icon shortcuts?
- Would you like to create a link for other users, i.e. a user link for all users in Windows 10 and 11?
- Windows desktop shortcut for individual users?
- Windows 10 and 11 desktop shortcut for all users?
- Find the folder on the desktop set up for all users, need Windows 10 and 11 shortcut on the desktop for all?
- Windows 10 and 11 set up desktop link for all users?
- Shortcut to the public desktop for all users?
- Windows 10 and 11 desktop shortcut for all users, or better icons fixed on the desktop for all users?
- Windows desktop application for user group?
- Create Win10 and 11 desktop shortcut for all users?
- Windows desktop shortcut for everyone, need the mstsc shortcut for all users?
- Shortcuts for new `Windows users?
- Do I need a Windows 10 and 11 desktop for all users? Desktop shortcut for all users under Windows 10 and 11 not just for me The shortcut should be for all users So there is a desktop for all user folders that is responsible for the desktop for all users?
- Looking for instructions to be able to display desktop icons for all users of a Windows PC at the same time, do you urgently need the desktop icons for all users of a Windows PC?
- Windows 10 and 11 file set up for all users on the desktop?
- Make Dektop shortcuts available to every user?
- Programs provide shortcuts for all users?
- Creating a shortcut on the desktop advantages?
- Desktop shortcut for every user Win 10 and 11, where is the desktop user folder?
- Windows 10 and 11 shortcut for all users not in the file selection dialog?
- Create shortcut for all users Where can I find the desktop for all users on Windows?
- Desktop shortcut for all users Windows 10 and 11?
- Share Windows 10 and 11 applications for all users?
- Windows every user his own desktop, create shortcuts for users?
- Own desktop for second user under Windows 10 and 11?
- Windows 10 and 11 shortcut on desktop all users?
- Create desktop shortcut for all users?
- Create a link for all users of a computer?
- Shortcut Word on the public desktop all users windwos 10 and 11?
- Create shortcuts on the desktop for every user?
- Can I put all desktop icons and shortcuts in the Desktop folder that all Windows users can then use on my Windows PC? Are I looking for desktop information or tips and tricks for troubleshooting?
- Windows 10 and 11 shortcut desktop all users?
- Shortcut on the desktop for all users under MS Windows Desktop OS!
- Linking the program from the administrator to another account?
- Win 10 and 11 every user gets the same shortcuts on the desktop?
- I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for all users, now I have tried several times, but this folder does not exist for me, who can help me?
- Shortcut for all users Windows 10 and 11 authorization?
- Desktop shortcut for all users?
Keywords: create, desktop, shortcut, everyone, windows, 11, 10, application, placed, several, users, Questions, Answers, Software