How can i synchronize directories in Explorer-Views whit xcopy.exe?
This goes wonderfully with the help of transfer parameters in XCOPY.EXE. That's a pretty brisk business.
The synchronization of directories with the help of transfer parameters to XCOPY.EXE. Similar and also useful to when you use the file rename commands several times in the file explorers!
Here an example of synchronizing directories: Folder in Q-view 1 as a source and Q-view 2 as the destination folder.
The command is:
XCOPY/Folder v1>v2=%sysdir%/xcopy.exe="%curdir1%\*.*" "%curdir2%" /S /E /C /H /O /R /Y /D /V
or only folder tree:
XCOPY/FolderTree v1>v2=%sysdir%/xcopy.exe="%curdir1%\*.*" "%curdir2%" /T /E
Tip: You can also use this for ROBOCOPY or for other move copy scripts!
Read this: ► Associating files with programs!
source Specifies the file(s) to copy.
destination Specifies the location and/or name of new files.
||Copies directories and subdirectories except empty ones.
||Copies directories and subdirectories, including empty ones. Same as /S /E. May be used to modify /T.
||Continues copying even if errors occur.
||Copies hidden and system files also.
||Copies file ownership and ACL information.
||Overwrites read-only files.
||Suppresses prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an existing destination file.
||Copies files changed on or after the specified date. If no date is given, opies only those files whose source time is newer than the destination time.
||Verifies each new file.
Associating files on a portable installation with programs in the portable locations?
Is there a way to start Q-Dir with a parameter of path? E.g, I can do this with?
FAQ 40: Updated on: 24 February 2020 16:09
Explorer Views in Quad-Directory Explorer has only the MS internal FTP Test this in all List Views of the file manager Q-Dir UserName:email@example.com_ftp_example1.com/dir1/
Grouping of file objects is possible according to 32 in Windows 10 over 300 criteria, but by default only 4 or five are available: Name, Size, Type, Date,
The Quad-Explorer has in Windows-10, 8.1 an 7 the same like MS-Explorer only for older System you need this but MS-Support has a end Please read : »»
You can specify in Quad-Dir what should be displayed in the title bar, five different options are currently possible Main menu ► Extras ► Title-Bar
In Quad-Directory-Explorer it is very easy to select, deselect or to do a invert selection of files or folders [CTRL + A] = "Select All" [CTRL + A + SHIFT]
Change the colour of the header bar of the active explorer view window in Q-dir Activate the option via the main menu in Q-Dir Extras ► Address-Bar ►
It is quite easy to open files in a portable installation with Windows programs in Q-Dir Content: Info about the program Starter in Q-Dir
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Can you set Q-Dir so that the date (creation and modification, etc.) for the copied folders and files is not changed when copying?
- I recently started to try Quad Explorer for Windows. It is really very useful and versatile. I am currently using the tool to bring order to my software and image collections. Quad Explorer for Windows is perfect for this.
- I miss a function. This is the copying / pasting of folder structures. Only folders and subfolders should be copied / pasted. Files should be completely excluded. I only found xcopy on the Internet for this task. This can only be used via the command prompt with appropriate commands. This method is very cumbersome. Again and again you have to select the required commands from lists. Users with little or no experience also have problems. Now I'm looking for a solution to the following problem:?
- My wife has a Samsung S9 cell phone and I have a Samsung S9 +. Various graphics, image, video and audio files are on the cell phones. Unfortunately, they are not in a folder, but spread across the memory. I am looking for a program that reads the respective cell phone recursively and transfers the data to the PC via USB. Existing files should be skipped (ignored). Files in your destination but not in the source must not be deleted. Do you have such a program on offer? Or can you "parameterize" the QDir program so that everything is sent and not just individual files? Thank you in advance for a message.
- I have a suggestion! I still use the old Norton Commander and miss the following option "Compare directories" in Quad-Explorer for Windows. Since I back up my own files on another partition, I find the "Compare directories" option very helpful because I only find the different ones Files are displayed. So I don't need to look for differences for a long time and just copy the displayed ones to the other partition. Maybe that's a suggestion for you.
Keywords: synchronize, directories, q-dir, whit, xcopy, Questions, Answers, Software